Jacob

DarkWolf6052 xG:F:DM - Counter-Strike: Source

Alright so I need to cover a few things first:

1) Do not disrespect, call people stupid, say people have downs or anything of the sort.

2) Keep it on track, this isn't about how Shadow did this wrong and whatever you all are going on about. This is about Darkwolf, keep it on topic.

Now I would like those who are disagreeing to answer the following questions:

-Did Jacob spam, you may refer to the demo and screenshots for help?

-Did darkwolf warn Jacob with a gag, or in anyway through chat tell him that what he was saying was spamming or disrespectful?

-If darkwolf did not warn him or gag him prior to kicking jacob, did he or did he not skip a step in punishment?

-What is spamming?

-Has darkwolf had prior warning about situations like this, including being biased when making decisions?

______________________________________________________________________________________

I dont know where you all are getting confused in this thread, you are stating that this is just one little thing that lead to a kick in which someone can just rejoin right away. Abuse is abuse, if I kick somebody for fun I can't use the excuse well its just a 10 second hindrance on you; its still abuse no matter what way you slice it. So put yourselves in this same exact scenario, stop covering for each other and be realistic.

Can someone explain why there is such a big deal being made out of this? Jacob constantly spams and disrespects as well as using an abundance of racial slurs. Also, it was a simple mistake

He doesnt deserve to be demoted over something like this. It was obviously a mistake, so if @@DarkWolf6052 just apologize to @@Jacob we dont have to bother the coleaders over something as small as this. It was just a kick (if it was a ban it would be different)

Also Jacob, you shouldnt be breaking the rules. It appears you've done it before so there's no explanation for that.

i'm not breaking the rules i mess around

Can someone explain why there is such a big deal being made out of this? Jacob constantly spams and disrespects as well as using an abundance of racial slurs. Also, it was a simple mistake

You're one to talk lol

Read the entire thread, its explained... like 27.5 times.

Read the entire thread, its explained... like 27.5 times.

Im sorry how do you read, I didn't pass the first grade. - Says every person -1'ing

I do find it funny though, Jacob is saying that bind and then cries because he got kicked?

The servers today are full of children.

not crying, just pointing something out

He doesnt deserve to be demoted over something like this. It was obviously a mistake, so if @@DarkWolf6052 just apologize to @@Jacob we dont have to bother the coleaders over something as small as this. It was just a kick (if it was a ban it would be different)

Also Jacob, you shouldnt be breaking the rules. It appears you've done it before so there's no explanation for that.

i'm not breaking the rules i mess around

You're one to talk lol

Messing around can break rules kid.

nobody can explain it. Im confused too. Everything in xG is escalated to shit.

I do find it funny though, Jacob is saying that bind and then cries because he got kicked?

The servers today are full of children.

not crying, just pointing something out

Pointing out that someone went to the next level to do something against your repetitive rule breaking?

Alright, finally I'm home from my trip. I would like to start out by saying that it's a little bit ridiculous that you guys are voting downs on each others post just because you disagree.

If you want your opinion to be taken seriously, as all should, at least show an attempt to be unbiased in what you are saying.

Now, let's look at the facts of what happened. Jacob started saying things that clearly offended Darkwolf and as seen, he was kicked. There are several things to consider:

1. Why was the punishment given?
  2. Was it justified?
  3. Was the proper process used in giving the punishment?

1. The punishment was given, as said by Darkwolf, because of spamming. There are people who are arguing a disrespect case which, regardless of whether it is true or not, does not matter. The reason given for the punishment was spamming.

2. As far as I can see there are not any clear guidelines among spamming directly listed in rules, but the accepted reasoning has been if the 3 of the same text is posted right away, it can be considered as spam. I have seen Darkwolf himself acknowledge and use this rule. There are special cases, but as far as I can see from the text, there are fairly long intervals between each posting. The most I see are two lines put together. I personally can't count this as spamming at all, but if it is, he should be gagged.

3. The simple answer is no. A gag should always be given before a kick. It seems to me that Jacob struck a nerve and Darkwolf kicked him right away.

Jacob is in no way in the right here, he was purposely edging Darkwolf on and has a previous history of trolling. But regardless of his history, everyone is entitled to the same level of treatment. Division managers should, in my opinion, keep their emotions in check especially when admining and provide an unbiased moderation of the server.