DrLee

Donator Perks - Advertisements

As you've most likely noticed, we have ads on our servers. And to the most part, I can see the point of them for the clan. We need money, servers cost money, and the site isn't cheap to keep up. I understand that. But I'm just wondering if donators can somehow bypass it like our moderators/admins/ect. are set up to do so. I'm not a coder, so I'm unaware if you could manage doing this under someone's server group and if it's under 'custom (6).' But, if the purpose of these ads are to generate profit, I know many people are interested in skipping the ads. I believe offering this to donators (staff still, obviously) would probably interest more people into donating to our servers. Just a suggestion. ;)

@Tsuchikure @Nomulous, pls. @Hidingmaster @diabeetus @xGTim @Gawd

Would require tinkering around some custom flags and checking bypass privileges, but it would require @Rhododendron and I quite a bit of time to import who's a donator, who's in what game section, add them to sourcebans, add the custom flag, et cetera.

A beautiful idea. Think about it. We all know the ads are fucking retarded (no offense). I'd give my left testicle if it meant I didn't have to hear another Logan's Steakhouse, Safe Auto Insurance, or Suntrust Bank commercial again. If I am being completely honest, since the ads have been added, I have been avoiding getting on CS:S, and have really only been getting on when staff was needed.

This suggestion makes tons of sense. People don't want the ads. $5 donation = ad-free fun? Hell yeah.

in this change line 896 to

> if (GetConVarBool(g_ConVarImmunityEnabled) && CheckCommandAccess(client, "advertisement_immunity", ADMFLAG_CUSTOM6)) 

You might have some success with just using an override for "advertisement_immunity", though i dont know for sure.

change line 896 to in this

> if (GetConVarBool(g_ConVarImmunityEnabled) && CheckCommandAccess(client, "advertisement_immunity", ADMFLAG_CUSTOM6)) 

You might have some success with just using an override for "advertisement_immunity", though i dont know for sure.

*coughs while all "donators" are stored on the xenforo forums and not on sourcemods which we would need to import all donators and steamIDs to sourcebans then add custom flag to override pinion*

If ads are implemented because of lack of donations, I think offering this (eventually) will gain our servers more donations.

plsThepopulationwashorrible. Thank you, based Bleed/Nom