Barmithian

Titles for all staff

A bunch of people on shout box thought about if we could have hub titles on the servers for moderator and administrator since DM and DL already have one. This would make it easy to show other people who is staff and it would be nice. I made this thread just so we could talk about it here.

@Bach @kbraszzz @Nomulous

+1 For this idea.

It is more efficient/prominent than the - [xG:M], [xG:A], [xG-DM], [xG-DL] - considering most have no idea what the titles stand for if they're not in the clan/not familiar with the structure.

We shouldn't actually, moderators and administrators should have free reign on what they put their names as and what tags they have or what title. They are just the "babysitters" of the servers if I may. On the other hand, the division leader and division manager are higher up positions which can have a bigger consequence if someone successfully impersonates them. The reason for the tag for them is regardless of who uses their names, only one account will have an official tag. As well they don't change their names often. Easy example: @kbraszzz who kept the same name for years versus @Vector who changes his name at least infinite times per days. No one will challenge Kbraszz as he doesn't use any other nickname and keeps his tags so it's harder to impersonate him. Whilst admins have more free reign to do whatever the hell they want. Sure we can implement this, but we shouldn't enforce it. xG:M/xG:A has worked for a long while.

We shouldn't actually, moderators and administrators should have free reign on what they put their names as and what tags they have or what title. They are just the "babysitters" of the servers if I may. On the other hand, the division leader and division manager are higher up positions which can have a bigger consequence if someone successfully impersonates them. The reason for the tag for them is regardless of who uses their names, only one account will have an official tag. As well they don't change their names often. Easy example: @kbraszzz who kept the same name for years versus @Vector who changes his name at least infinite times per days. No one will challenge Kbraszz as he doesn't use any other nickname and keeps his tags so it's harder to impersonate him. Whilst admins have more free reign to do whatever the hell they want. Sure we can implement this, but we shouldn't enforce it. xG:M/xG:A has worked for a long while.

I probably should have clarified, but I mean that the titles for mod/admin should be available for us, but not necessarily we are forced to wear it. Its more of like an alternative. I know some people would like to keep their title and that's fine but I would prefer a Mod title.

-1 As Tekage stated, we'd lose our own titles that we wanted. Also, what happened to going undercover? Finally, people could abuse it if it was placed on the !hub menu.

-1 As Tekage stated, we'd lose our own titles that we wanted. Also, what happened to going undercover? Finally, people could abuse it if it was placed on the !hub menu.

NONONO, Barm probably meant that for staff it could be an option, you can keep yours or go to hub and select Mod/Admin (i think he said that)

You're all too creative, stop being nerds.

Just wear the tags, k? thx bai.

But seriously, it shows responsibility, when we wear tags as members can quickly identify us on steam if there is trouble. Thag way they can call us on, it'd be dumb if we all had random names and no tags. That way no one would be able to find us. #Tags4Keep