Dethman

Member benefits?

Should xG members get some donator perks?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should xG members get some donator perks?

• Yes
    • No

I have been thinking about this for a while now and i feel like xG members should get SOME donator perks. This is another crazy idea of mine that i am just throwing out their for discussion. I see a lot of large (and populated) tf2 servers giving just their members and regulars some free donator perks and that is probably what keeps them coming back. Also, xG members have a little more than regulars since they are members of the servers clan.

I think we should give like 3, 4, or even 5 donator perks to members. On a lot of other servers i see !robot, !colorme, !resizehead, and !kson being given out for members only. The perks themselves would be up to @kbraszzz and @Bach . I am only proposing this because it might get us a lot of new player coming on and staying and possibly a bunch of new members.

So, please don't hurt me if you don't like the idea. it is only an opinion.

Edit: i am putting @Nomulous here too, don't judge

The issue with this is, those who cannot join the clan (already in another) will not have these perks. These kinds of people can be just as regular as a member, but still have nothing more than a person who's come on for the first time. I'd say -1 to this for now. Sure, it'd help the clan grow. But do we want to lose money just to make some members happy? xG is broke as it is.

I don't see where the problem is, you join the clan and get some perks. Regulars and randoms can still donate but for members who have not donated can get a little taste of donator and maybe even make some want to donate. All members do is where the tags and have some say in the clan which is not bad but there should be a little more for them. And the perks are only from basic donator most likely so it does not have to be uber or super donator perks

Like chicken said, we don't wanna loose money.

But maybe putting te resize commands on the trade servers wouldn't be so bad bc thoes are commands that are usually on a trade server.. I dunno, that's just my 2 cents.

This is why we have hub. It's something across all of TF2 servers to work at. It makes people wanna play to get trails, or chat colours, or whatever. A lot of people don't want to donate, yes. But we have the fun perks such as !kson and !bonkme and such to entice people to want to. As already stated, it does help support xenogamers. Hell. I've done it. I donated for a TS channel and I'm UBER:DON on servers. It's all a matter of opinion and everyone will think differently. I personally -1 it due to this.

TL;DR WE HAVE SHIT TO MAKE YOU WANNA COME BACK AND IF YOU DONATE TO GET SOME COOLER SHIT THAN THAT'S COOL TOO.

If this was added, the ones they would be given access to wouldn't be donator commands. It'd be member commands. Replacing certain commands out of the basic donator (along with assigning an entire source-ban group for members) would be a large amount of work. Considering Kbraszzle doesn't have the access to source-bans, it'd be either I, Nom, Bleed, or any other CL... And now that I mention it, I'm not sure if CL's have access to adding server groups. On top of all of this, I'm not sure if we'd /want/ to have a developer add the steam id of every single member accepted. Just my two cents.

Tl;dr everyones posts so i'm gonna state my opinion.

Donator perks were designed to help keep the servers alive by creating a source of money while entertaining players.

By giving members donator perks removes the purpose of supporting the servers, so I -1 this.