Team Fortress 2

In-Game Name:

Bach

Offender's Steam ID:

Doesn't matter right now

Rules Broken:

Aimbot on an alt account

Evidence:

Last night, it was reported (via an anonymous vigilante) that Bach uses an alt account for aimbotting. Essentially, the purpose of this thread is to discuss whether or not his main account should be banned (hint: it should, and there's a 1000% chance that it will), and to get Bach's input/response. If any of you turds attempt to turn this thread into a poop-storm (ex: the bobbywow ban protest) your posts will be deleted and/or you will be banned on the forums.

@Bach @ThePenguin @DrLee @Hidingmaster @kbraszzz @Moosty @metalslug53 @Nomulous @Rhododendron @Bleed (the special snowflake of my heart)

Now, he did use the alt-account and used aimbot on our servers. But....he used to only show scootaloo what it would look like on dodgeball. I dont think it is that bad, plus it was only with xG members on teamspeak at the time on the server and we where to perm it after he was done. i will stay neutral for now.

I feel like this relates to another member that we banned, wink wink.

Bach knows the rules and this isn't the first time that he has disregarded them and started trolling.

I agree; sorry Bach.

Nevermind, read my post below.

I will say that he should be forum banned due to the fact that 1, i forum banned him last night and he made another account so technically evading a ban. 2, he has disrespected people on the forums a lot. I am sorry bach but you know it is true. Your actions have really serious consequences.

Now, he did use the alt-account and used aimbot on our servers. But....he used to only show scootaloo what it would look like on dodgeball. I dont think it is that bad, plus it was only with xG members on teamspeak at the time on the server and we where to perm it after he was done. i will stay neutral for now.

Can this be confirmed with evidence? If it was to actually show @metalslug53 what an aimbotter looked like on the server(assuming that was scoots' reasoning for wanting to see, to more effectively moderate as he is really the only active staff on the server) and considering the account was permed after, this wouldn't be as big of a deal. I'm going to 0 for now wait for this to play out and more evidence to surface.

Can this be confirmed with evidence? If it was to actually show @metalslug53 what an aimbotter looked like on the server(buttuming that was scoots' reasoning for wanting to see, to more effectively moderate as he is really the only active staff on the server) and considering the account was permed after, this wouldn't be as big of a deal. I'm going to 0 for now wait for this to play out and more evidence to surface.

Scootaloo, kbraszzz, umbreon, and many more where on at the exact same time. @metalslug53 can confirm this

The aimbotting account was actually more of a self-educating experiment conducted shortly after our Dodgeball server went up. The initial conversation began after a random user was banned from Dodgeball for very obvious hacking, and somebody pointed out that he believed the hack in question was LMAOBox being used. So, Bach did some research and downloaded the program, signed up for a new throwaway account, and hopped onto the servers to mess around with the hack a bit.

We ALL knew that Bach was not trying to use a hack to gain an advantage, but rather to show everyone what the aimbot looked and acted like. It was very informative and we all had a pretty good time with it. Out of the silliness of the situation, I permabanned the alt account so that Bach couldn't use it in the future, and that started the #FreeBobbyWow movement, which is just another stupid inside joke among our TF2 division. Everyone who was involved were all in the Teamspeak channel at the time, and anyone who was there can attest that it was indeed done out of a fun nature, not to be maliciously cheating.

The events that happened in the other thread, I feel, were Bach's attempts to try and get a rile out of the member in question, but he overstepped the line. He has had no serious accusations against him in the past and even served as our DM for quite a long while. I think he just made a poor choice and that he has most likely learned from it, but considering his background with us and that he has never had a REAL serious issue other than what happened the night prior, I cannot comfortably stand behind a Permanent Ban at this point and time. I still have not decided if that is the right course of action given his record with xG. That is, of course, pending that there is no evidence brought against Bach. If someone is reporting the use of aimbotting AFTER his alt was banned from Dodgeball, there should be some evidence presented to back up those claims. If the claims of use of aimbotting can be substantiated, we will have no choice but to act accordingly.

WHy does it matter why he was doing it, he was CL. He should have known it wouldnt be tolerated to hack on an xG server even if to inform people of how it looks and acts. As i see it this thread is for seeing him permed from TS and forums because you already have enough to perm him from the servers.

It matters because I requested it. I wanted to know what an aimbotter looked like. As did a few other of our staff to be knowledged in dealing with future hackers.

Even if this ban is successful, Bach said he has a Mona Pizza video ready to go. He's been perm'd from the TF2 servers and he hasn't gone back with a different account since. I don't see the problem if he stopped causing it.

Basically, I just don't see the point. If we do attempt the ban, he'll get unbanned anyways.

It matters because I requested it. I wanted to know what an aimbotter looked like. As did a few other of our staff to be knowledged in dealing with future hackers.

Then you go on a non xG non populated server, doing it on xG is basicly shitting where you eat. He broke a rule will now face the punishment, just because you wanted it to happen doesnt change the fact you guys did it on xG i dont see why it matters because at the end of the day he hacked on an xG server. He choose to do it, you didnt hold a gun to his head and force him.

Then you go on a non xG non populated server, doing it on xG is basicly shitting where you eat. He broke a rule will now face the punishment, just because you wanted it to happen doesnt change the fact you guys did it on xG i dont see why it matters because at the end of the day he hacked on an xG server. He choose to do it, you didnt hold a gun to his head and force him.

I refuse to let him be punished for educating our staff on how to spot and recognize hackers on our servers. It was requested, by our staff, so that we could better understand how the hackers used their tools to gain an advantage in a new server that many of our staff/members hadn't actually even played before. Is hacking against the rules? Yes. Was he given permission to engage the hack? Yes. If you want to pursue a ban based on these actions, you just might have to punish the entire staff that was involved because they were allowing it to happen. Myself included.

That scenario was contained. HOWEVER, as I stated earlier, if any evidence can be brought forward that Bach has been actively using any type of hack recently within our servers, I will fully support any punishment that needs be given. That situation, however, was contained and regulated by myself and many other staff members. It has nothing to do with the claim at hand and it was already handled.