Chrono

Suggestions Thread

In regards to long round times, I've thought of a few possibilites that I'd like some input on -

1. We simply shorten the round time a minute or two. Shortening too much could make it somewhat unfun when more people are on though, and it feels like rounds are too rushed.
  2. Scale the round timer based on number of players on the server. This would keep the round time where it is now for when a large amount of people are on (15+?), but shorten it by 1-3 minutes if theres only a few people on.
  3. Add a !redie plugin. This allows dead players to type !redie and run around and play map games or whatever as a ghost, but not affect the round or people still alive in any way.

Or, we could do nothing and keep it the same. thoughts?

The second looks quite nice, but it would need quite a lot of testing to find the optimal times added or removed from the rounds.

For the third, isn't that what spectate is? If they can interact with the map, however, wouldn't that be cheating?

There's also the problem on how difficult it would be to create, assuming it hasn't been already by somebody else (HELLO, WHERE'S HUB THEN!??!). Something like making them invisible, counting as dead, non-target-able, god-mode for fall damage, etc etc. Something is bound to break. I can feel it.

For the second option, time would likely not be added to a round, only removing up to ~3 minutes, so testing wouldn't really require that much effort.

Redie is an old plugin, it was also on the CSS RPG surf server I believe. You can move around the map as if you were alive, but you are invisible and cannot push buttons or open doors. You would be able to do map games like surf or climb or whatever if you wanted. I'm not sure what you mean by it being cheating though..

And hub has been essentially ready on CS:GO for a while, its only waiting on the forum aspect.

For the second option, time would likely not be added to a round, only removing up to ~3 minutes, so testing wouldn't really require that much effort.

Redie is an old plugin, it was also on the CSS RPG surf server I believe. You can move around the map as if you were alive, but you are invisible and cannot push buttons or open doors. You would be able to do map games like surf or climb or whatever if you wanted. I'm not sure what you mean by it being cheating though..

And hub has been essentially ready on CS:GO for a while, its only waiting on the forum aspect.

I think that this would be an awesome thing to include. could you follow the group that is alive and run through doors they opened getting to other parts of the map?

Basically the reason why i made this post in the first place was because i don't want people to get bored when they die and leave...

What if you're in redie and you're stuck in a one exit room like a cell or iso? Maybe allow a really short teleport? Or have them spawn somewhere else? I'd say a really short teleport would be nice

Oh and when tsu said cheating I think he meant like closing doors in people's faces or closing cells and getting people stuck but as you said ghosts cant interact with buttons or doors

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

What if you're in redie and you're stuck in a one exit room like a cell or iso? Maybe allow a really short teleport? Or have them spawn somewhere else? I'd say a really short teleport would be nice

Maybe a way to go back to spectators? Then just !redie. I dont know hard it is to make a teleport command. :/ who does the map adjustments? Would this be to difficult to do? @Owl @Lithium your thoughts?

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Redie is an old plugin, it was also on the CSS RPG surf server I believe. You can move around the map as if you were alive, but you are invisible and cannot push buttons or open doors. You would be able to do map games like surf or climb or whatever if you wanted.

Honestly sounds like a great plugin to have on the Server. Few questions though:

- Is the player completely and utterly invisible? That is, is there anything that can be seen on their model at all (IE. knives, etc). If so, could they be stripped of everything and just roam freely in the T-stance?

- Will the player's name appear if another player has their crosshair/cursor on them?

Reason I ask is to ensure that the implementation of this plugin wouldn't introduce a 'ghosting' problem.

Other possible implementations to [alleviate boredom] consider are command-based plugins (IE. Blackjack) though I don't know if this is currently working or if it is possible to begin with.

Cause people close cells and sometimes no matter how many times I tell them to open cells they just are too far away which I'd understand, ignore me, or just walk past without opening them and sometimes they do listen and open them of and some maps for admins /open doesn't work

- Is the player completely and utterly invisible? That is, is there anything that can be seen on their model at all (IE. knives, etc). If so, could they be stripped of everything and just roam freely in the T-stance?

- Will the player's name appear if another player has their crosshair/cursor on them?

Assuming this is fucntionally identical to the CSS version which it appears to be, yes. They will be completely invisible. I haven't tested it yet and I dont know if you'd see them with your crosshair on them.

Cause people close cells

Cell doors should be open by the time anyone dies, and people closing cells isn't really very common.

Like closing cells isn't common the only reason I'm bringing this up is because I was last ct and I was allowing people to run as it just started I ran into a cell and someone closed it but I guess by then anyone in ghost would be out and anyone else who died afterwards would have to wait :/ I guess and for seeing ghost when alive if the alert for looking at a person alive and said "Guard:Name" or the other one, is disabled for ghosts then I think it's fine

I'm not sure about you, but in my experiences, rounds with more people tend to be shorter. Better chances of spawning in cells leading to guns, causing mass chaos/rebellions and whatnot. That's all I thought it should be tested and taken into consideration for. Could be a switch/vote on/off.

I meant cheating by pushing buttons or opening doors that should otherwise not be able to be interacted with to open new advances for players. It seems like that's out of the question, now. (It may have been pointed out before, so I probably missed it. Sorry.)