SoloMofo

Age Requirement

should we change the age requirement or accept people at 13  

24 members have voted

1. 1. should we change the age requirement or accept people at 13

I have to say, as one of the "Higher Ups" that is accepting a good amount of the tf2 member submissions. It's really hard to find a happy medium. It's easy to complain that we're letting less than stellar vouches stand but you don't even take into consideration:

1) as egossi said, we don't get paid for this. Asking us to read every single vouch not only for format, but for content, keeping track of all the inevitable edits while still having an accurate count, and keeping track of how long each individual member sub has been open, and also at what time the final vouch was posted, and to not make any mistakes and be done on time. Is asking a bit too much. It will never be perfect, and that's not even a number of staff issue, it's a fact.

2) ^^^all of that shit isn't fair to people who are applying. I see people like @SnowyMinion and @TheSupremePatriot who both applied three times, none of their threads did that well at first, and people weren't super welcoming in them, but they both hung around, and eventually got in and are a real part of the community now. That's not common at all. Most of the time people just post an app or two and they basically just get ignored. And they feel unwanted and leave. We honestly don't accept a very high percentage, at all, of apps we get. So we (as the higher ups) have to choose between policing good vouches and people getting in all the time. Because we all know that people don't double check the threads, and a vouch or two will stay invalid, and that person won't get in because of it. Those of us who are higher ups have to make judgement calls on who gets in already. If you're going to complain about that are you going to complain we didn't follow the rules to a T or are you going to complain we made bad calls. Because we've already made quite a few judgement calls in both divisions. You can go back and check who those members we're, most if not all were great additions.

I think DM+ can be trusted with making the right calls, it's why we're here. And all the higher ups want is for this clan to grow. I can't speak for CS:GO but tf2 vouches are usually pretty solid. If I've seen a re occurring problem it's people just straight up not being welcoming. Being demanding and rude instead of nicely explaining the rules if people have the tag on before joining. Just not touching or even cracking a joke if a sub gets made and the person hasn't been around very long. People hardly ever invite people to teamspeak, or ask what server someone plays on, or just be nice at all. Changing that would bring in a lot more members than lowering the age limit.

I'll post a longer thing when I get home.

But.

You can submit member protests all you want for whatever reason, but of course we are gonna ask for proof of the accusations (fun fact:that's how court works). And no, we aren't going to simply approve it based on a majority vote; it's too easy to gang up on someone and unfairly remove them. If you have such a hard time giving us evidence.. then what's the problem? Oh that's right, it's just a vendetta.

Also, I will be looking for member vouches that do not follow the guidelines. Those that don't will receive a forum warning and asked to change it.

(fun fact:that's how court works)

this is not court, its an online gaming community

it's too easy to gang up on someone and unfairly remove them.

don't you think people would have a point if they are literally teaming up to kick that one guy out?

and i don't really see anything unfair at all, if any of the accusations were made incorrectly against them, they can just provide evidence or a defense statement to defend themselves

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I let two 15-year-olds in because they had already waited long enough (one donated when he was 14) and they have proven to be very mature and have a high activity time on the servers. I consulted with Scoot, the DMs, and Kbraszzle before hand and they were okay with it.

I don't think we should lower the age limit, but I agree with Owl. Exceptions should be made on a case by case basis.

Problem solved (?) @Rhododendron @Hidingmaster @kbraszzz

By using Xenogamers.com and Xenogamers.org, you signify that you have read, understand, and agree to be bound by these Terms and conditions, ("Terms of Service"). Xenogamers.com and Xenogamers.org reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to modify or replace any of these Terms of Service, or change, suspend, or discontinue the Service [including without limitation, the availability of any feature, database, content, or server at any time.] Xenogamers.com and Xenogamers.org may also impose limits on certain features and services that may restrict your access to parts or all of the Service/s without notice or liability. Xenogamers.com and Xenogamers.org assume no liability for mental, physical, or emotional trauma or damage to yourself, others, or property. It is your responsibility to check these Terms of Service periodically for changes. Your continued use of our website, databases, servers, or content, following the posting of any changes to these Terms of Service, constitutes acceptance of those changes. This applies to both websites, and any subsequently linked servers shown on bans.xenogamers.com. If you disagree with the Terms of Service listed in this document, please stop using Xenogamers.com and Xenogamers.org!

Registration and Eiligibility

You may browse the Site and view content with or without registering; however, you may not hold Xenogamers.com and Xenogamers.org responsible, directly or indirectly, for the content (graphic or not) that you are viewing. Posting of content on this website does not necessarily mean endorsement of said content by Xenogamers.com and Xenogamers.org. Content on this website is deemed safe for mature audiences (18+). You must be 16 or older to create an account on these websites. Anyone under 16 should speak to their parent/s or legal guardian/s first.

Content

Third party content may be used and posted on this website (this includes, but is not limited to: videos, pictures, files, ads, cookies, etc.) Xenogamers.com and Xenogamers.org assume no liabilty for damages caused by said content.

Abuse

Abuse of any part of our ecosystem (Website or Servers) may result in a ban from our Services or the immediate termination of your account.

-----------------------------------------------------------

In normal English:

Essentially, we are not responsible for any damage that results from the use of our websites or servers (3rd party included). If something offends you, or you fear it may damage something, please stop using our websites and servers. We are not responsible for the content that is posted, and we do not endorse said content (unless stated otherwise). Content posted on here is presumed to be for mature audiences (18+), so viewer discretion is advised. You must be 16 or older to create an account. If you are under 16, you need to speak to a parent or legal guardian first. We will not monitor the age of accounts created, as it is a parent or legal guardian's job to monitor what their child or children do on the internet. Abuse of anything on our website or servers may result in a ban or a termination of your account. By using, or continuing to use our Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms, ("Terms of Service").

this is not court, its an online gaming community

don't you think people would have a point if they are literally teaming up to kick that one guy out?

and i don't really see anything unfair at all, if any of the accusations were made incorrectly against them, they can just provide evidence or a defense statement to defend themselves

Welp, here's where the loop starts again.

Anyways, how did we get on topic of member protests? Is it a side-addition if we update member applications? Isn't this a thread about allowing more (hopefully mature) people into the clan?

Back on topic, I think it's fine to allow some exceptions providing they have proven they can handle things and are mature enough, unless what Nomulous said is as serious as he tries to make it out to be..

But I honestly can't see too many parents (Aside from forests) actually doing more than preventing them from going on the site again, especially if an age dropdown (as suggested by Hidingmaster) is there. This is, of course, assuming that they actually give two craps what we do here. (don't hold me on this)

Welp, here's where the loop starts again.

Anyways, how did we get on topic of member protests? Is it a side-addition if we update member applications? Isn't this a thread about allowing more (hopefully mature) people into the clan?

Back on topic, I think it's fine to allow some exceptions providing they have proven they can handle things and are mature enough, unless what Nomulous said is as serious as he tries to make it out to be..

But I honestly can't see too many parents (Aside from forests) actually doing more than preventing them from going on the site again, especially if an age dropdown (as suggested by Hidingmaster) is there. This is, of course, assuming that they actually give two craps what we do here. (don't hold me on this)

It's the responsibility of the parents to monitor what their children do on the internet, so I agree with you.

We are not their keepers.

Problem solved (?) @Rhododendron @Hidingmaster @kbraszzz

By using Xenogamers.com and Xenogamers.org, you signify that you have read, understand, and agree to be bound by these Terms and conditions, ("Terms of Service"). Xenogamers.com and Xenogamers.org reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to modify or replace any of these Terms of Service, or change, suspend, or discontinue the Service [including without limitation, the availability of any feature, database, content, or server at any time.] Xenogamers.com and Xenogamers.org may also impose limits on certain features and services that may restrict your access to parts or all of the Service/s without notice or liability. Xenogamers.com and Xenogamers.org assume no liability for mental, physical, or emotional trauma or damage to yourself, others, or property. It is your responsibility to check these Terms of Service periodically for changes. Your continued use of our website, databases, servers, or content, following the posting of any changes to these Terms of Service, constitutes acceptance of those changes. This applies to both websites, and any subsequently linked servers shown on bans.xenogamers.com. If you disagree with the Terms of Service listed in this document, please stop using Xenogamers.com and Xenogamers.org!

Registration and Eiligibility

You may browse the Site and view content with or without registering; however, you may not hold Xenogamers.com and Xenogamers.org responsible, directly or indirectly, for the content (graphic or not) that you are viewing. Posting of content on this website does not necessarily mean endorsement of said content by Xenogamers.com and Xenogamers.org. Content on this website is deemed safe for mature audiences (18+). You must be 16 or older to create an account on these websites. Anyone under 16 should speak to their parent/s or legal guardian/s first.

Content

Third party content may be used and posted on this website (this includes, but is not limited to: videos, pictures, files, ads, cookies, etc.) Xenogamers.com and Xenogamers.org assume no liabilty for damages caused by said content.

Abuse

Abuse of any part of our ecosystem (Website or Servers) may result in a ban from our Services or the immediate termination of your account.

-----------------------------------------------------------

In normal English:

Essentially, we are not responsible for any damage that results from the use of our websites or servers (3rd party included). If something offends you, or you fear it may damage something, please stop using our websites and servers. We are not responsible for the content that is posted, and we do not endorse said content (unless stated otherwise). Content posted on here is presumed to be for mature audiences (18+), so viewer discretion is advised. You must be 16 or older to create an account. If you are under 16, you need to speak to a parent or legal guardian first. We will not monitor the age of accounts created, as it is a parent or legal guardian's job to monitor what their child or children do on the internet. Abuse of anything on our website or servers may result in a ban or a termination of your account. By using, or continuing to use our Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms, ("Terms of Service").

Just needs to be formatted better and appended to our current TOS and it should be good!