Forest

Facebook Coverphoto

Update the Coverphoto?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Update the Coverphoto?

• 1 Spam
    • Yes
    • No

So I was snooping around on forums for a bit, checking things out and what-not, and I ended up on our FaceBook page. It got me thinking; we've had the same coverphoto for a while, why not update it with a new one and make a contest of it? Obviously this is entirely up to @Rhododendron or the Community Leaders (or whoever happens to be in charge of the Social Media aspect of XenoGamers, I forget), but I think it'd be a pretty fun event to have.

What do you guys think?

For reference, this is our current Coverphoto:

ai.gyazo.com_08b8a17151346f2a28436a45244ef137.png.49cc761c031d3cb52da663594c187b52.png

I'm all for it, but what would you want to see different?

I feel like the only substantial change would be the colour scheme, seeing as how it isn't exactly representative of xG's "colours" if you know what I mean. But, major points to anyone who can think outside the box and go a different route aside from the conventional collage of well-known video game icons. Might be asking much, which is why I wanted to see how the community felt about it :coffee:

The only issue I have with the current one is it has games in it that we don't even have divisions for. If people come to the page for the first time and see the worgen and are like, "Sweet! I can get involved with a WoW guild!" they'll come to the site and be disappointed at the lack of the game featured in the cover photo.

However, that's just my opinion. I also agree with the whole color scheme thing being off, but I'm not horribly OCD about it.

However, that's just my opinion. I also agree with the whole color scheme thing being off, but I'm not horribly OCD about it.

By all means it isn't something that's horrendous, I just thought it'd be neat to have a monthly(?) swap-out for the cover photo of xG Member's own creations. After all, it's a social site and it would be pretty neat to have xG's own submissions made public.

As for the whole contest aspect of it, that's only to provide a little incentive is all, nothing huge. The main driver is to just have a rotation of Coverphotos that are made by Members of XenoGamers

The only question I have is how adept people are at using Photoshop or any other image editing software/applications for participation in this. No sense in making this a contest if there are only a select few people who would even participate. That being said, I could also go to the Steam Group and announce it as a global XenoGamers event to generate more participation. This would mean having a contest, most likely for a particular dollar value as a large portion of the Steam Group [unfortunately] wouldn't care otherwise.

Still need more input from Higher-Ups (+person in charge of Social Media of all things xG) as I'm not going to take any action without first getting the 'okay' from you guys since this influences xG's image (in a way).

Edited by Guest (see edit history)