Watermelone

Remove Casuarina Until Bug Is Fixed.

Is there any chance jb_casuarina can be removed from the map options until the bug that makes people's game crash is fixed? Reinstalling casuarina doesn't fix it, and multiple people have said it crashes their game. Thanks in advance.

I haven't crashed, and this was just brought to my attention, so I don't think it is a map problem.

Actually this has been an issue for a long time. I haven't heard recently of it but now it's poking its head back in.

'Twas a good map. Shall we have the fondest of memories kept in our hearts, and shall we remember it's name, and fight for it's glory! (+1 for removal)

I'm not asking for complete removal. Only until it is updated.

And a lot of people crash on this map. When I first came back into tf2 it worked for me but since the first week or so it stopped working and kept crashing. Every time I ask about it, I usually see 1 or 2 people comment that they have the same problem. It could be client side but you never know.

It's removed for now. (y)

Edit: Like other people said, I really don't think it's a map issue because I don't crash either. It sounds like a driver, hardware, or OS issue as you said the population drops by 50%, not 100.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Wow. Casuarina was by far, in my opinion, one of the best maps we had.

But I guess if we're actually losing 50% of the population, it's the best to remove it.

R.i.P :(

Well, as I just saw, someone on gamebanana told the map-author to fix Russian roulette about two years ago.

As we all know, it's still broken. However, maybe anyone whose familiar with maps could take a look into it and try to fix it.. Just an idea.

Edited by Bello (see edit history)

Wow. Casuarina was by far, in my opinion, one of the best maps we had.

But I guess if we're actually losing 50% of the population, it's the best to remove it.

R.i.P :(

Well, as I just saw, someone on gamebanana told the map-author to fix Russian roulette about two years ago.

As we all know, it's still broken. However, maybe anyone whose familiar with maps could take a look into it and try to fix it.. Just an idea.

You'd need the source file, which isn't provided.

Well might be time for a remake then :D

Well darn, time to re-figure out Hammer...

Seriously though, I am working on it...

ai.imgur.com_PgD8lrX.thumb.jpg.9e16fd5132b0db8d4330b46070c11d00.jpg

And don't you worry, I am still working out cell numbers and size and whatnot. This is just an early starting screenshot. (Though it should look somewhat familiar. hopefully)