Division:

Counter-Strike

In-Game Name:

Nick imfatlowkey

Steam ID:

Ban Type:

Team Ban

Information:

Background information: I have been playing the server a lot recently and I think its really fun to be warden/CT. I got CT banned for a week for a false free kill and multiple accidental mic spam.

False Freekill:

My ban has been extended falsely because of this. First off, there is no video proof of me killing them because they didn't type kill in console. Plus if you listen hard enough you can hear them breaking vents. I killed them because they were in vents. Infact there was only one t in the vent cell and two more jumped in but I did not want to free-kill so I did not shoot at them. When I shot at them, all three of them were in the vent that lead to armory.(they broke the vent(all three of them))

Mic-Spam: Their is no evidence on the forums just OJ and Chrono:

I do believe I accidentally mic-spammed but, I don't feel like I was giving the correct form of awareness to my accident. I'm aware what mic spamming is, I also believe that I hold my mic down as soon as the round starts but, OJ and Chrono disagree.

It would be nice to get my ban shortened due to the extension was for my false free kill, and also I think the server should expand to have a warden-ban for accidental mic spams.

Thanks and have a good day.

My ban has been extended falsely because of this. First off, there is no video proof of me killing them because they didn't type kill in console. Plus if you listen hard enough you can hear them breaking vents. I killed them because they were in vents. Infact there was only one t in the vent cell and two more jumped in but I did not want to free-kill so I did not shoot at them. When I shot at them, all three of them were in the vent that lead to armory.(they broke the vent(all three of them))

Nobody said your ban was extended because of the freekills. Your ban reason was "general extremely poor knowledge of rules". In my time playing on the server with you, you would mic spam on multiple occasions, receiving teambans twice. Normally the way bans work is its a certain low amount of time/1 day -> 1 week. Your 2nd day ban was very generous, as you broke the same rule only a mere day after the first ban had expired. Accident or not, making the same errors over and over again becomes a nuisance for everyone.

Even if all you did was micspam, the week ban is warranted IMO. But the week ban is even more justified, as I've seen you on the server constantly spamming chat, reporting players for "breaking rules" when what they were doing was completely okay.

You're a new player to our servers, please sit out the week (only 4 days now!) and get a good grasp of the rules before coming back to CT.

I'll leave the thread open, as I was the one who extended the ban.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

@Chrono as I'm interested in the context behind the extension of the ban time before saying anything (besides one point I'd like to make). My understanding is that the offending player was CT banned for a day based on spamming for Warden upon which the ban was extended to a week (general rules broken). I'm sure there's definitely some filler here because I doubt he was CT banned for a week due to mic spamming alone. I'm just wondering what the "general rules" are referring to.

Even if all you did was micspam, the week ban is warranted IMO. But the week ban is even more justified, as I've seen you on the server constantly spamming chat, reporting players for "breaking rules" when what they were doing was completely okay.

This may have little to no relevance to a CT ban; spamming chat or spamming mic and falsely using admin chat would amount to a Server ban at the most as there's no real correlation between being a CT and breaking those rules (the very same rules could be broken as a T).

While it's important to know the rules when playing on the CT side, if he's only vocally calling things out, it doesn't justify a CT ban. However, the situation changes if he's performing an action and then trying to justify it by means of Admin chat or by spamming chat; though I'm inclined to believe this isn't the case as it wasn't [hasn't been] mentioned. This would also apply if he's breaking rules as Warden. Also, since mic spamming still [technically] falls under the jurisdiction of Server bans, whether it be for Warden or not, a 1-day Server ban could have been just as effective in this instance as opposed to jumping to a week of CT ban time. Again, this is all provided the ban was extended specifically for mic spamming.

if this was ur first or even 2nd ban i might agree with forest but u've been ct banned 4 times, including this one. and @Forest spamming for warden doesnt equate to mic spamming mic to get server banned. he only has to spam for a short time to get warden which is why he got ct banned.

You got banned from ct for a day for mic spam after you were warned not once but nearly 12 times over the span of 4 or 5 maps and then when your ct ban expired not 30minutes after your ctban expired you spam then continue to argue with chrono about you not spamming and then you tell him to read the rules xD -1 for unban i feel he needs to wait out the week

Continuing with my previous post and provided with the information above, it looks like you were given multiple opportunities to improve on your general knowledge regarding Server rules as well as refraining from mic spamming to get Warden.

That being said, I still don't think mic spamming equates to an increased ban length of a week. However, provided that the ban time is nearly up, there's really no reason to cut it short now as it means a longer time to further your knowledge on the Server rules to prevent any future mishaps. It isn't hard to wait your turn for Warden, if no one calls it then you have an opportunity to take it. If you are ever uncertain about a rule, than brush up on it before performing an action regarding or in relation to said-rule.

I'd also like to inquire about the whole demo incident. Did any Staff on at the time (Chrono/orangejuice) personally witness the offending player (Nick) supposedly freekilling the 3 Ts in the demo? The reason I ask is that I personally don't believe that the kill feed should ever be used to determine whether someone is freekilling or not as the Ts who are killed could very well have been rebelling (IE. Warden instructs Ts to be KoS [invalid] however Ts were supposed to be frozen and begin fleeing).

Continuing with my previous post and provided with the information above, it looks like you were given multiple opportunities to improve on your general knowledge regarding Server rules as well as refraining from mic spamming to get Warden.

That being said, I still don't think mic spamming equates to an increased ban length of a week. However, provided that the ban time is nearly up, there's really no reason to cut it short now as it means a longer time to further your knowledge on the Server rules to prevent any future mishaps. It isn't hard to wait your turn for Warden, if no one calls it then you have an opportunity to take it. If you are ever uncertain about a rule, than brush up on it before performing an action regarding or in relation to said-rule.

I'd also like to inquire about the whole demo incident. Did any Staff on at the time (Chrono/orangejuice) personally witness the offending player (Nick) supposedly freekilling the 3 Ts in the demo? The reason I ask is that I personally don't believe that the kill feed should ever be used to determine whether someone is freekilling or not as the Ts who are killed could very well have been rebelling (IE. Warden instructs Ts to be KoS [invalid] however Ts were supposed to be frozen and begin fleeing).

I don't think the demo was why his ban was extended, rather it was because he's had 2 prior day bans and continued to break rules, and when he's slayed he argues with he staff with comments like telling Chrono to go read the rules... if I remember right he also calls staff names but don't quote me 100% on that...

In the ban request I had posted the demo and the 3 people I saw kill anyone due to it happening while the staff were not really paying attention to everything that happened, I saw that he and whyfy had killed the entire team while no valid order was given for the round, it's possible he killed them for going in the vent. I believe he commented that he had recorded it, unless that was in reference to something else.

Pretty sure Owl specifically said in the ban request that you could not see WHY anyone was killed and so no punishments were given other than those that already had been, which was to august for causing the massacre...

I think he should spend the time to learn the rules and to stop arguing and being disrespectful so much when people are trying to tell him he's doing something wrong

I don't think the demo was why his ban was extended, rather it was because he's had 2 prior day bans and continued to break rules, and when he's slayed he argues with he staff with comments like telling Chrono to go read the rules... if I remember right he also calls staff names but don't quote me 100% on that...

In the ban request I had posted the demo and the 3 people I saw kill anyone due to it happening while the staff were not really paying attention to everything that happened, I saw that he and whyfy had killed the entire team while no valid order was given for the round, it's possible he killed them for going in the vent. I believe he commented that he had recorded it, unless that was in reference to something else.

Pretty sure Owl specifically said in the ban request that you could not see WHY anyone was killed and so no punishments were given other than those that already had been, which was to august for causing the massacre...

I think he should spend the time to learn the rules and to stop arguing and being disrespectful so much when people are trying to tell him he's doing something wrong

I can understand that the overall week ban was due to poor knowledge of the rules as well as demonstrating a disrespectful behaviour toward Staff, but I still don't think the means justify the ends, seeing as how Owl himself stated that the demo doesn't demonstrate anyone technically freekilling. Why is Nick being singled out because of his ban history when there isn't any blatant evidence that he had freekilled in the first place? As Owl stated, he was banned before the thread (thereby leaving him to serve out the day ban) but then had his ban extended after this instance, so it must have had an influence on the week ban. The straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak.

In other words, he had a day ban prior, so that makes sense. However, he was involved in an incident that involved Ts being freekilled (albeit unknown to any of the Staff at the time, correct me if I'm wrong) but seeing as there was no recorded evidence of him actually killing freekilling, it shouldn't warrant an extension of a ban just because he might have freekilled. At this point, because of his past history, if, for example, he makes an honest mistake and freekills, he'll be punished more severely than anyone else even though the mistake could have been made by anyone which, to me, sounds biased in its own right.

Now, I'm not saying that people shouldn't be punished for breaking the rules, we have a step-up system in place for a reason (warning > kick > ban > extended ban), but I'm just imploring Staff to have a bit of empathy. Put yourself in their shoes, for whatever the player did, does he/she really deserve that amount of ban time to begin with? Did he/she make an honest mistake, or was it obvious/blatant that they did not have prior knowledge of the consequences to their actions and therefore should be banned longer to learn from and understand their mistake(s)? I'm just asking that before dropping the ban hammer, you consider the context of the situation and act accordingly. I just don't think that it's fair when Nick had a day to better himself (however unlikely) and was given a week for something he might have done.

I'm really hoping that Staff can reflect on this and don't just see it as someone defending a player with a ban history as with any other thread. I may not have been there for it, but that neutrality is what enables people like myself or anyone else to consider both sides of the story without giving a biased opinion or anything else of the sort.

ban expires today.

closed

also, sorry for how controversial the ban was - at least at this point the general consensus is that he was banned for not understanding the rules, (and minor offenses over and over again) rather one major offense. this is why I increased the ban.