Aegean

Feedback Thread!

Hello Xeno Gamers! I will occasionally make threads like this as all I want is to hear from all of you what your thoughts are on our:

• Server quality
  • Staff
  • Raffle System (new)
  • Sponsors (new)
  • Minecraft server (soon)
  • Forums (updated)
  • Teamspeak

and anything else you would like to discuss. Please keep this thread on topic and this alongside the survey that @TheSupremePatriot did will really help us move forward with the community to address the issues you might have. Right now my primary goal as Co-Leader is to keep delivering content for you guys and to improve anything that needs to be fixed. Thank you for taking the time to read and I will give out a few 1000 credits to people who write valuable feedback to us on this thread. Did I mention we have a 75 dollar knife giveaway???

Happy gaming!

• Server quality

• Staff

• Raffle System (new)

• Sponsors (new)

• Forums (updated)

• Teamspeak

Server Quality (TF2) : Servers have been alright. There's still that abundant amount of players who just trolls and spews slurs nonstop and spawncamp. But other than that, I'd say the servers have been doing pretty well.

Staff: Uhhhh yea ... Not saying anything bout this

Raffle System: Pretty cool, can bump up popularity and whatnot with these. Everyone likes raffles (unless they lose)

Sponsors: You guys are bae <3

Minecraft Server: Not really sure about its status right now but I know everyone's working hard to get it up and with this division returning, we're gonna get more players and hopefully get more donations coming in to pay for the servers :^) . Happy gaming you nerds

Forums: I like the new format and layout, tho there are still some bugs and errors.. Let's hope that's all gonna get fixed and no more issues come up

Teamspeak: Stop the loud Waiting Room moosic

Why not? The point of giving feedback is to actually speak up about the problems you are having. I'm sure @Aegean would be more than happy to talk to you about it in private if you have any issues with staff and don't want to stir up pointless arguments here.

[spoiler=Servers]

(This only applies to CS:GO) Other than the occasional downtime/server crash (which i know isn't always our fault), servers are completely fine. Hub should be 100% priority at the moment. A lot of people are asking for it and i believe we missed a big opportunity to bring players in with it now that summer break is over/about to end for a lot of people. It's something that has been hyped and promised for a long ass time and we really need to deliver on it soon.

[spoiler=Staff](Once again, this only applies to CS:GO) Other than some staff being inactive, I'm 100% happy with our current staff roster.

[spoiler=Raffles]I think we could bring a bit more attention to it with server advertisements, but other than that this is a great idea which encourages people to check out the forums.

[spoiler=Sponsors]Great idea! There should be an easier way to find current sponsors than there is currently. Maybe have a separate page for them instead of a forum post which is currently. They should really get more recognition since they are one of our main income sources (or will be in the future). Sponsor tag is incredible hard to read, dark gray on black isn't a very good combination ai.imgur.com_MNzEsWp.png.ab69b8eecd0ee282f8c77790ee447c6b.png

[spoiler=Minecraft]Not much to say here, I know that @Owl and @MineCrack are working hard on this one. Excited to see the end result, even though i won't play on it personally.

[spoiler=Forums]

I believe some people are still experiencing severe bugs such as shoutbox not loading and not being able to post in threads. I'm personally not affected but this obviously this needs fixing. I prefer this layout way more to v8 (the old one), but i do think it should have been rolled out a bit slower, as this one clearly isn't 100% done yet. Mobile site is still not black, which it really should be (I'm a bit mad about this, I even mentioned it before the background color got changed to what it is now :mad:). I'm also a bit curious to find out why the ratings bar was removed on this theme and replaced by your sign up date. I don't necessarily think its a big issue, but i do prefer the ratings bar to be there, as i find the sign up date a bit irrelevant.

[spoiler=Teamspeak]Remove the music bots (less of a big deal since you can easily mute them). Biggest problem I'm having atm is with the afk channel. Why are we not subscribed to it anymore? If there's a reason for it i would gladly hear it as it makes no sense in my head.

Edit: Made this post less of a wall of text, you're welcome :)

Edited by virr (see edit history)

Server quality

There isn't much wrong with our servers currently as I'm also getting a lot of stuff fixed on our tf2 jailbreak server thanks to @Rhododendron and @Bleed

Staff

The staff team of tf2 I believe has been improving a lot as of lately, although there is mass confusion about what's allowed to be said on the servers and what's not, I still believe that our servers have been going uphill in terms of staff memebers

And about the mass confusion I've mentioned earlier which is about the usage of certain words that can be considered offensive by certain people, my viewpoint is that the freedom of speech that we've had on servers should stand and no staff member should enforce rules to an intolerable extend.

Sure some words can be taken offensively and just by common sense should be disallowed at certain points such as when any type of sensitive topic is going on, but there is a huge difference between saying "lol get rekt faggot" after a kill you get in a video game and saying "ew, you're a faggot? God hates fags like you lol" after someone coming out as homosexual.

And if you can't see that difference you should not be a part of the staff team. I have discussed this with many of my fellow staff members such as @Vexx and @Bagel and I would just like this confusion to come to an end, as people screaming "OMG SLURS LOl BAN XD" can get really fucking annoying.

Feel free to give me your input about this @Goblins @Bello @Rejects @mrnutty12 as I will stand with the fact that the only thing that matters in this case is the context that said words are used in, when staff decides whether or not to take action.

Raffle System (new)

Cool

Sponsors (new)

Dope

Edit: imo "VIP" was a more fitting name

Minecraft server (soon)

Lol

Forums (updated)

Terrible #BringV8Back #MakeForumsGreatAegean

Teamspeak

Pretty solid, except not really since it crashes like every 3 seconds. I also have been wanting to be able to buy server groups with forum credits for like the past 3 years hello?

Edit: oh and make the AFK channel subscribe-able again cause why the fuck wouldn't you since it's already down at the very bottom

PS don't remove any of the music bots

Edited by Egossi (see edit history)

Why not? The point of giving feedback is to actually speak up about the problems you are having. I'm sure @Aegean would be more than happy to talk to you about it in private if you have any issues with staff and don't want to stir up pointless arguments here.

Nah I'd leave it that way since last time snowy was complaining about staff members to bello and goblins it was cause while she was checking server/console/chat/whatever logs she found out that some staff members were abusing each other in a friendly manner and she actually complained about that to bello to the point bello considered it as harassment, I think it's best if she doesn't say anything about staff members in general, no offense to you snowy, I'm just speaking my mind here I'm sure you understand

Edited by Egossi (see edit history)

Nah I'd leave it that way since last time snowy was complaining about staff members to bello and goblins it was cause while she was checking server/console/chat/whatever logs she found out that some staff members were abusing each other in a friendly manner and she actually complained about that to bello to the point bello considered it as harassment, I think it's best if she doesn't say anything about staff members in general, no offense to you snowy, I'm just speaking my mind here I'm sure you understand

Fucking egossi keeps killing me

Server quality

10/10 Everything is great!

Staff

9.5/10

Raffle System (new)

+1

Sponsors (new)

<3

Minecraft server (soon)

Hype!

Forums (updated)

Yes, I like the new layout and theme... However, I have a part of me feels like the update did a bit more bad then good,

Here are some responses from the survey (not all quoted)

-Applications Tab being requested to be added to the top bar.

-Make the homepage bypassable or remove it

-Better/easier access to newer posts

-Bring v8 back

-Fix the bans / ranks database / make it look better / respond better. Make the general site LOOK more simple

Ok aside from the responses, I do personally agree for the applications tab to be added to the top.

Teamspeak

+1

Also, I may be moving my survey to Google Forms as it allows more question space.

Edited by TheSupremePatriot (see edit history)

Obviously this is all for CS:GO, as I don't play TF2.

Server Quality (Uptime / Plugins)

9/10

I really like the new JB plugin, aside from not being able to set people to be teamswapped at the end of the round. @Bleed

Server Quality (Community)

6/10

I feel that this can be fixed by not allowing children to warden. It's annoying and not fun because most of the time they don't know the rules.

Staff

6.5/10

I don't know if I act like this, which I probably do, but I feel as if not all of the staff know the rules. Some are too aggressive when they punish players.

I've also joined to staff allowing mic spam, and mic spamming themselves as well! It is annoying because if I block them, I might miss something that they have to say/ask me.

Raffle System

It's an interesting system, and can prove profitable if enough people donate to get credits. I hope it goes well!

Teamspeak

I don't like that people will randomly be DC'd due to their location. I don't know if it still happens, but it's annoying. And why can I not see who's in the AFK channel anymore?

Sponsors

I still don't like how players are called sponsors after donating a certain amount of money. Seems quite dumb imo, but I do like that companies can now put ads on the site and sponsor us.

Forums

I still don't see an application tab. I like the new look, and setup of it.

Minecraft

Seems like I'll get bored of it after 2 days, if it is completed even.

*Sorry if I sound like an ass, but this is what I think.*

sketch_57b661696fa66.png.dc0395c128a18927f8773bf0f86dc1b4.png

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Not doing some long post since I don't need the credits, but I'm happy to see things finally looking better around here. It's not that we were horrible before all this, but even from the outside I can see things are improving and the effort is being put in by many of you. It's a shame I can't really help out that much(due to my PC being broken, and my lack of any skills(about all I know how to do around here is administrate, and that isn't working out very well since I can't get on the servers)). I feel like the only problem we might end up having is once we actually get stuff completed, and xG is great again, we will have to #KeepxGGreatAgain , but even that should be fine.

It takes time and effort to do all this, and not all of it is easy. All I can say is thank you, to all the people helping out.

Side note: Maybe when I get my new PC I'll try to learn some stuff so I can help out a bit more around here, but no promises on that being any time soon, I'm going to take my time with getting this new PC built and ready, I don't feel like coming back and having it break in the next few months after it was fixed.sketch_57b677cbd6f5a.png.fd42d8257d738c3a21f44d1f381ad599.png

(that was annoying to do on a phone)

• Server quality

I think the servers have been doing pretty well as of late, at least from the division I'm moderating in- TF2. There's still a good number of people who complain about things that're either allowed or purposely go out of their way to dance on the edge of a rule, but it has been pretty relaxed so far I would say.

• Staff

I've never really had any problems with the staff, everyone is pretty cool. Of course, I do sometimes get a little confused when asking for advice on certain things since some mods say to do things differently from another one and there's the occasional conflict of what should be done between said mods, leading me to usually ask a higher up or explain it to them and ask what they think should be done. Otherwise it's all good!

• Raffle System (new)

Hey, it's fun, simple, and will probably draw in interest if raffles are done here and there. Anything to build excitement or popularity as long as it's all in good spirits.

• Sponsors (new)

A way to draw income in and allow those that're willing to do so, I don't see anything wrong with this at all. Though I do agree with the idea of VIP or such being the name for it. Either way, it's neato.

Looking forward to trying this out, used to play it with Kitsune a good while back and would just spend hours building all sorts of crazy or sadistic courses for him to go through. Here's hoping it goes well and ends up populated!

• Forums (updated)

As with any change it took me a bit to get used to it, but I'm now fine with the layout as opposed to before where I was a bit hesitant. It grew on me to say the least, so I have no complaints here anymore.

• Teamspeak

Amusingly enough, I sometimes sat in the waiting room just to listen to the music, but I can understand that some people would be annoyed by it. Otherwise I usually go on to hang out with some people here and there, nothing really wrong here for me.

Overall I guess I'm just a bit optimistic and don't really have any complaints. It's all pretty good!

Only going to provide feedback for a couple of the aforementioned categories since I haven't formed an opinion on the others:

[spoiler=Raffle System (new)]Completely support and like the overall aesthetic of the Raffle page. It's simple, concise, and to the point. My only suggestion would be to include a redirect or something in the Home Page of the site to attract more participants.

[spoiler=Forums (updated)]The new forums certainly appears more professional in my opinion. That being said, I didn't have any problem with V8, however I do welcome the change. There are only a few things (that were previously mentioned) that I think should be considered, namely the priorities of what are shown in the Home Page and making the site easier to navigate for newcomers. Another thing that I also believe should come back is the 'Applications/Forms' option at the top of the Forums.

Home Page changes/alterations

I would strongly consider including simple redirects and the like to more important content seeing as it's the first page that users see. These would include:

- Guides/Rules Pages

- Application/Forms Pages

- Current Giveaways/Raffles

Aside from those few things and the bugs here and there, I'm pretty happy with the overall layout.

Also would like to include this thread as it has feedback in regards to the recent Forum changes (some of it may be irrelevant now): Forum Updates - Suggestions

I am currently moving the survey to Google Forms, responses on survey monkey are still open.

On a currently inconvenient note, to participate in the survey you need to sign in with a Gmail Account. This is to limit and prevent false responses.

I will be seeing if I can make it 1 response only without the need for signing in.