Division:

Counter-Strike

In-Game Name:

Knin_

Steam ID:

Ban Type:

Server Ban

Information:

Hello everyone. I have once again succumbed to nostalgia and wish to return to the community. It has been nearly five years since my initial ban.

Aliases:

Zrined

Scythian

---The Facts---

I was an Admin for the CS:GO division of xG

I mostly played on the Jailbreak servers

I was banned on 11-25-12 at 7:09 p.m.

The reason for which was admin abuse.

I intended to leave the clan after this occurrence.

---My Opinion---

What I did was completely irresponsible and an abuse of the abilities I was entrusted with by the xG Staff and Community. I am heartily sorry not only to those directly affected by my misuse of power, but also to those whose trust I betrayed by performing such actions.

I was going through a rough period during my life where I was dealing with many transitions, including leaving my childhood home. To cope with these changes, I would often spend much of my time playing video games. An unhealthy amount of my time.

I eventually realized that I couldn't continue with my current course, and decided to "go out with a bang." This was incredibly stupid of me, and again, I am very sorry for my actions.

Prior to this occurrence, (IMO) I was a member who was well-respected throughout the clan (despite my young age).

---Conclusion---

I really can't express how dumb and embarrassed I feel for my prior actions, and I would understand if I were not the type of player that xG wants to foster, but I ask that you please consider my plea carefully, as I truly do miss both the outstanding quality of xG's servers, as well as it's incredibly kind and diverse community.

Thank you.

@Aegean @Rabid and anyone else who might know him from this time. This was right before I started playing CSS Jailbreak but do you guys have any input on how he was before

I'm gonna be honest, despite the fact it's been 4 years since it happened, I'm really hesitant on unbanning you as the precedent has been to decline people who abused as a final goodbye on their part. I will say that I am leaning more towards a +1 than a -1 since majority of the people from back then who might have been affected are not even here. I would like to hear other people's point of view first, but right now I am a 0.

I don't even remember what you did when you abused so that probably means it was not as serious compared to other members who abused before they left (darkwolf).

0 for now. You should give people better insight on what you actually did. Abuse is pretty vague.

I'm gonna be honest, despite the fact it's been 4 years since it happened, I'm really hesitant on unbanning you as the precedent has been to decline people who abused as a final goodbye on their part. I will say that I am leaning more towards a +1 than a -1 since majority of the people from back then who might have been affected are not even here. I would like to hear other people's point of view first, but right now I am a 0.

As far as I know, almost nobody from 2012 CS:GO times are still around, so it will be hard to finish

Buuut who knows, this guy has created multiple ban protests with years between them.

was here. do remember. he had team swapped @all or anyone he didnt like several rounds in a row, slayed randomly and @all several times. would constantly evade ban, and when a previous protest was denied, was "playing for his friend while he got food" after admitting it was indeed him playing on the account at that time in question.

further context than provided by scythian

was here. do remember. he had team swapped @all or anyone he didnt like several rounds in a row, slayed randomly and @all several times. would constantly evade ban, and when a previous protest was denied, was "playing for his friend while he got food" after admitting it was indeed him playing on the account at that time in question.

further context than provided by scythian

Yeah after reading the old protest he was definitely an asshole about abusing then decided to ban evade just to further be nuisance.

@Chrono What on earth are you talking about? I have one Steam account to my name and I live in a house with one other person (my father) who has no interest in any type of gaming. I would please like to request proof of these supposed misdeeds as I *know* that I have never done anything other than my last inteeractions as administrator on the server.

Sorry for the double post, I was a bit taken aback by these claims.

"he had team swapped @all or anyone he didnt like several rounds in a row"

I did not target anyone with these team swaps other than Bleed, whom I considered to be a friendly acquaintance at the time.

"would constantly evade ban"

I never once attempted to evade the ban in any other manner than occasionally trying to connect to the CSGO jailbreak server on the same account I was initially banned on.

"and when a previous protest was denied, was "playing for his friend while he got food""

I truly have attempted to have the ban overturned at least once prior, but this claim that I mad an excuse pertaining to the user using my account at the time is false.

If you can provide concrete evidence of your claims rather than irresponsibly using quotations marks, I would welcome it.

I honestly don't remember the name of the account, but I do remember you admitting to being on the account of your friend. not sure who banned it, wasn't me though I think I was doing HW at the time so I wasn't super paying attention

as far as ban evade and abuse various staff myself included would reban accounts etc and had all seen what you did as a "goodbye"

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

So, I have four real-life friends on Steam. Of those four, only one owns CSGO. I have never used his account, let alone used it to join an xG server.

I think you have positive intentions by trying to give context, but a few of your statements are outright false.

Sorry, I did not see Aegean's message.

When I was banned it was for:

- Swapping both the T and CT teams in their entirety

- Slaying Bleed a couple of times (potentially others, but as I remember it, it was just Bleed)

- I think I may have muted everyone(?) (not gag, mute)

Beyond that, I honestly cannot remember. Sorry.

And by saying that I cannot remember, I do not waive my right to disagree with any other allegations placed against me. I just simply cannot remember everything right at this moment.

I think people should just lose their powers and never get them again rather than being permed, but that's just my 2cents.

Unless it was their cat, in which case they should not get punished at all... @warriorsfurry ;)

I think people should just lose their powers and never get them again rather than being permed, but that's just my 2cents.

It's to discourage anyone else from doing the same thing as anyone could do it if they don't plan on being a Staff Member again. With this punishment, Staff really have to weigh their options and consider the fact that they will not be able to play on our Servers again should they choose to do something incredibly stupid. Getting a Staff position in xG should mean something and should be something to be proud of; none of that would matter if people think players who abuse their position as Staff get a free pass to play on the Servers. In other words, what's to stop a Staff Member from slaying everyone if they know that the worst that could happen is they will be demoted? They would otherwise still be able to play on Servers, and more often than not, these abusers only consider one thing: to go out with a bang. I say that if that's what they want, then they damn well better accept what's coming.

It's one thing for a player/Member to mass free-kill people; but it's a whole other thing entirely to betray the trust of the Higher-Ups who gave you (the abuser) the opportunity to moderate on our Servers by practically spitting on everything and writing it off as nothing more than a joke. That being said, while it's commendable to see someone own up to their mistakes, I personally don't think those who intentionally abuse to get a laugh out of it [because they're pretty well leaving the community] should be unbanned from the Server(s). If this Ban Protest is honestly being considered by the Higher-Ups, the only thing I'd like to point out is that this will open the gates for any other past-abusers to protest their Ban and to receive fair judgement on their part too (assuming this hasn't already occurred).