Kypari

Remove The Teleport Spawncamping Rule?

Remove the teleport spawncamping rule?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Remove the teleport spawncamping rule?

Looking at most of the posts I hope people will agree that regular spawncamps should be allowed on tele spawns but nests should not. Thats the vibe im getting from all of these posts.

Trying to balance something based on lowest levels of play isn't really that effective @Goblins . Imagine any sport or game balanced around kindergartners

While I agree with you, we're a trade server. We have no competitive mindset when it comes to rules. We're not balancing a game. We're trying to balance already unbalanced maps by debating spawncamping.

You need to realize that most people on the trade server, minus a few, are just players of average skill. Why change to something that we all know a skilled player could do? Sure, a skilled player could do it. But in our case, we would just have players of the team sit in spawn or just get denied easier than normal spawns.

Also going to throw a quote in from Moosty's previous post.

Playing the game doesn't help the camped team have less afks/people in spectate trying to join the other team/ or people leaving because of the camp.

Doesn't matter. It's not hard to break a spawncamp and I'm no professional either. In the case that it is impossible then that's where admins+ step in and stop it.

I also didn't catch this.

I'm just going to say that most admins+ since I've been here never have claimed a spawncamp unbreakable. Either the camp is broken by rtd, the team that camped started leaving, or the camped team left. I honestly don't think you guys really will ever deem a camp as unbreakable. Especially with the mindset that: "If you play the game, you can break it. It's not that hard."

I also didn't catch this.

I'm just going to say that most admins+ since I've been here never have claimed a spawncamp unbreakable. Either the camp is broken by rtd, the team that camped started leaving, or the camped team left. I honestly don't think you guys really will ever deem a camp as unbreakable. Especially with the mindset that: "If you play the game, you can break it. It's not that hard."

I literally had to break one about two weeks ago.

+1 as long as this suggestion doesn’t apply to Pkmn Trade

Teleport spawns work the same on any map that has them, why would we not apply the change to pkmn trade? I'd like to hear more reasoning for that if you find the time.

Teleport spawns work the same on any map that has them, why would we not apply the change to pkmn trade? I'd like to hear more reasoning for that if you find the time.

The maps are smaller on pkmn in comparison to TGH maps. You can literally headshot someone on the enemy team from the entire opposite side of the map. I would imagine that a lot of people would leave quicker because they wouldn’t have any form of knowing how to defend themselves when trying to break it up to get out of the spawn. Especially if some idiot would put a sentry there. You are absolutely screwed.

The maps are smaller on pkmn in comparison to TGH maps. You can literally headshot someone on the enemy team from the entire opposite side of the map. I would imagine that a lot of people would leave quicker because they wouldn’t have any form of knowing how to defend themselves when trying to break it up to get out of the spawn. Especially if some idiot would put a sentry there. You are absolutely screwed.

But you can do that on other maps too, it is not just pokemon maps that allow that. Also, points have already been brought up about sentries not being allowed in this thread; they completely nullify that situation.:thinking:

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Still unfair since you can just sticky camp the door and any uber that comes up can just be airblasted back into their own spawn and have to reset just to come outside again in the right order to uber the guy and when you are thrown back in your spawn you are sent to the middle wasting more seconds of the uber. But it is true that there are ways to defeat it, but a lot of the time people won't even try to fight back and ones that want to can't do anything so it just ends up with a whole team leaving because it's not fun for them and if it gets really bad it just kills the server, but this can also happen on normal spawns too but I find spawn protection to stop you from being insta killed when you spawn there; I just find it more unfair here since it has more problems. But whatever, Idc which way it goes and I'll prob get shit for whatever I say so eat me dad

-1 @Goblins pretty much said what i was gonna say. People use many ways of tele camping, especially from what ive seen. such as pyro-checkers by spawn with dispensers who probably just put in +attack and went out to eat, with snipers, heavies, and spies waiting right outside of it preparing to destroy all in sight. there are many ways for these things to be absolutely broken, and I think there should be an exception for rusty bucket,#1: there are multiple exits from the spawn, so you can go out one way and haul ass to break it, #2 its just generally unfair for one team to be allowed to camp when another cannot, and it would cause pricks like me to be constantly spamming the blu team button so I wont get camped. I cant think of anything else right now so whatevs. :afro:

If a Pyro is M1'ing outside a spawn with a dispenser you can easily kill them. You have spawn-protection and all the time to kill him.

I am fine with a change in the rule that makes it so that if there are multiple exits the rule is void.

I'm mixed on it tbh.

its hard work for any staff to have to keep monitoring the spawn points to stop camping on it and with no rules whatsoever the team with the upper hand could just set up engie nests, sticky spamming demos, pocketed soldiers, etc and would just kill the server population pretty much and if there are any new people visiting the server it would pretty much put them off returning to the server therefore losing potential new users.

on the other hand if the rule remained it could be altered slightly to allow it so a staff member should only intervene if the spawn camping is a true problem, such as an engie setting up a sentry, or a demo planting stickies on the spawn location. A single player spawn camping will have little effect with spawn protection so it shouldn't be an issue.

either way I'm going to vote to remove it but I will only support it if it only applies to slight spawn camping and not allowing engie nests, etc to be set up.