Sylux

Pkmn Additions

There are 3 maps I'd like to see in the pkmn rotation, therefore i'm bringing them up for discussion.

Saffron City:

A fairly basic map with the whole of silph co inside, the map is fun however.

Steam Workshop :: Saffron City (Pokemon)

Pokemon Stadium

Those familar with Melee will know about the changing arena on the pokemon map. This old map does just that, tested it briefly offline and it seems ok.

koth_pokemon_stadium_b1 (Team Fortress 2 > Maps > King of The Hill) - GAMEBANANA

Victory road

One of my favourites, it seems it was rejected earlier as ppl did not want objective based maps however after CTF pokemon I'd like to give this lovely map another shot.

pl_victoryroad_b1a (Team Fortress 2)

Ideally i'd like to see these added as well as the two currently in development.

@Rejects @Ruby_da_Cherry @Tatost @Thunder @Kypari @Parasect

So I've always seen pokemon as a server that does and should have a very high standard of map quality. And looking through that lens, I'm gonna comment on each map individually, having played them all at multiple times.

Saffron: -1 . Before you get to silph co the outside area is oddly proportioned and looks bad. So basically the map should be called silph co, which is just a tower you (I believe if I'm remembering correctly) teleport from floor to floor, which causes obvious problems. And even if it's stairs and I'm dumb the map is just aesthetically meh and it just being a tower would breed toxicity.

Pokemon stadium: -1. Not as much to say on this one. It just isn't noticeably pokemon outside of the map layout and file name. Just doesn't really meet the standards we already have.

Victory Road: +1 . We had this on rotation history, and had a ton of trouble with the balance of the final cap. That was literally the only issue. Gorgeous map, well made, and without the cap enabled it's only issue no longer exists. 100% meets our standards. We should add this ASAP.

So I've always seen pokemon as a server that does and should have a very high standard of map quality. And looking through that lens, I'm gonna comment on each map individually, having played them all at multiple times.

Saffron: -1 . Before you get to silph co the outside area is oddly proportioned and looks bad. So basically the map should be called silph co, which is just a tower you (I believe if I'm remembering correctly) teleport from floor to floor, which causes obvious problems. And even if it's stairs and I'm dumb the map is just aesthetically meh and it just being a tower would breed toxicity.

Pokemon stadium: -1. Not as much to say on this one. It just isn't noticeably pokemon outside of the map layout and file name. Just doesn't really meet the standards we already have.

Victory Road: +1 . We had this on rotation history, and had a ton of trouble with the balance of the final cap. That was literally the only issue. Gorgeous map, well made, and without the cap enabled it's only issue no longer exists. 100% meets our standards. We should add this ASAP.

I appreciate the feedback and it's great to see your view on the stadium map. I understand what you're suggesting about the lack of 'themed' design on the map.

My suggestion would be to revoke my appeal of the adding the stadium map but saffron + victory road I'd like. In future if the map rotation is still unsatisfactory for the community I could see about updating some textures with pkmn3d.net textures.