james8470

I'm Going To Be Inactive

Hello friends!

Well, some of you may already know this because of a profile update I did a few weeks ago, but I got myself a job, my first one actually.

I'll be camping into a nearby national park for weeks at a time doing general maintenance work and ecological improvement work such as removal of invasive species.

Now some of you may also know I live in the American Southwest where it's fucking hot in the summer. How will I survive?

I'll be in the mountains, where it's between 10-20 degrees cooler. I'll also be going to a couple other national parks & forests for a few weeks about a 4-hour drive from here.

It's going to be an exciting summer for me, most of which won't be spent on xG.

However, we do come home for the weekends! So I can still check in occasionally, and even participate in most of Spoop's anime nights.

However however, there'll be two ten-day trips in addition to the five-day trips, I'll keep you posted in this thread when they come up (pun not intended, but whatever lol).

The job starts tomorrow, however I'll be home in the afternoons though that week. I just won't be online most of the day.

The week after that, it's off into the wild!

I'll tell you guys what I see, hopefully a Desert Tortoise or a Mountain Lion, I've never seen one of those in the wilderness.

The job lasts 8 weeks.

Bye!

Jesus that sounds like loads of fun,wish my job was anywhere nearly as exciting. Have fun up in the mountains, and don't forget to send any exotic animals you find in the mail!

I'll keep you posted in this thread when they come up (pun not intended, but whatever lol).

What pun?

Also, have a good time and stay safe :3

The last I went camping was on spring break in my man cave. Wut fun, but this... this too much. Gl my friend. Make sure to tell the bears I said I'm sorry for what happened last time!

See you on the 9th

Nah but seriously have fun. I applied somewhere and gave them my only copy of my resume and haven't gotten a call back.

Week 1

Monday: Various park employees and volunteers giving brief lessons and presentations. We later took a drove around the park and took a little walk, just hung out for the rest of the first day.

Tuesday: Eight hours of 1st-aid training. I'm certified and everything, but I sure don't fell that way :P

Wednesday: Drove all the way across town from the far east (where the main park is) to the far west to a much smaller pocket of land the park owns and removed graffiti. Here's an exact replica of the graffiti, there were 5-6 of them around:

BK

Thursday: Drove all the way across town again, picked up trash alongside a strip of road adjacent to the park all day

ai.gyazo.com_83ab2b3e6093bbccaf3eb7bec8779f28.png.5328e5f30929a350f5132c3edbdcf1db.png

Today: Same as Thursday

Meme of the week: One of our leaders/employers was going over the rules for camping, and at one point said "no booze or alcohol"

we all laughed our asses off.

Can't wait to get out of the heat and drive out to a cooler area for the whole week!

Week 1

Monday: Various park employees and volunteers giving brief lessons and presentations. We later took a drove around the park and took a little walk, just hung out for the rest of the first day.

Tuesday: Eight hours of 1st-aid training. I'm certified and everything, but I sure don't fell that way :p

Wednesday: Drove all the way across town from the far east (where the main park is) to the far west to a much smaller pocket of land the park owns and removed graffiti. Here's an exact replica of the graffiti, there were 5-6 of them around:

BK

Thursday: Drove all the way across town again, picked up trash alongside a strip of road adjacent to the park all day

[attach=full]29669[/attach]

Today: Same as Thursday

Meme of the week: One of our leaders/employers was going over the rules for camping, and at one point said "no booze or alcohol"

we all laughed our asses off.

Can't wait to get out of the heat and drive out to a cooler area for the whole week!

I think your camera is high, the street lines are wavy.

Don't get eaten by a mountain lion.

Just kidding! Outdoors aren't really my thing, as well as heat. Stay hydrated and post a video of you wrestling something on Selfie Sunday.

Really though, don't get eaten.

Week 2

Monday: Packed up truck and trailer and took inventory of our weekly supplies, arrived at Chiricahua National Monument campground, set up camp. I woke up in the night to a bunch of crashing and rustling noises, thought it was a bear and got spooked. Learned next morning that it was just a skunk going though our stuff. :p

ai.gyazo.com_a4d079436ff8132878cb29ead764db34.png.4e415b9feda93e79a884880799a451c9.png

Tuesday: Hiked around with our tools clearing out drains alongside the trail in two-person teams.

Saw a cool Rattlesnake when we returned to camp, followed it around for a half-hour, but then dinner was called.

Wednesday: Same as Tuesday, but a different trail

Thursday: Did a 11+ mile hike all day. I had the worse nosebleed (I get one whenever I go to a new place e_e) of my life in the middle of it, blood literally just poured out which has never happened before with me. A tampon solved the problem, though :D

We got to use a staff pool at the end of it, too!

Friday: Cleaned up camp, drove back to our own National Park, unloaded, cleaned, and organized our stuff.

Meme of the week:

* in the middle of our 11-mile hike while taking a break*

Me: How are you feeling Alan?

Alan: Good, how about you?

Me: Aroused (° ͜ʖ°)

Next week, it's back into the Chiricahua Mountains!

It's beautiful up there, and the temperature isn't too hot. We saw so many deer it was insane.

awww.americansouthwest.net_arizona_photographs569_heart_of_rocks2.jpg.36a92eec4c76fae23770609c984c8888.jpg

See ya'll next week!

Edited by Guest (see edit history)