Spydyr_Byte

Leaving For Good...

I'm going to give a couple reason on why I am going...

- The community can be toxic, people hardly have anything good to say, either snarky or sarcastic in a non-humorous way.

- People won't stop bringing up the Mahogany situation, which was almost a year ago

- Peers who are apart of this community have repetitively attempted to troll me via steam, it actually gets aggravating.

- Just because I got into not even a fight with one person, some look at me like I'm a bad person or the cancerous kid of the community, just because "I got" him banned for a week for a mistake that he did.

- I haven't been playing that much anyways, only once a month.

- This isn't 4chan and stop trying to act like it is. (If you play on here enough, you'll get what I mean.)

- Random players are getting harassed because the ignorant people, that can't find my profile somehow think that I am them.

- I can't even use my mic on here anymore without someone saying something.

That's all, wish you all luck if you choose to stay on here.

- The community can be toxic, people hardly have anything good to say, either snarky or sarcastic in a non-humorous way.

- This isn't 4chan and stop trying to act like it is. (If you play on here enough, you'll get what I mean.)

90% of the internet is equal to 4chan. Welcome to the present time of 2017.

Bye.

You would know of all people that the community can be toxic, any community can be toxic at times. I remember there's even been times where I would say to myself when you would speak "Wow he turned into a real dick."

Anyway, here's your chat history:

ai.imgur.com_cWXpcUW.thumb.png.628adde8f0271f53c279d8eecec49306.png

Ironic you throw "toxic" around.

See you.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Peers who are apart of this community have repetitively attempted to troll me via steam, it actually gets aggravating.

You could definitely report this to a higher up or bring it up on the forums if it gets bad, we don't ignore reports like this and do our best to get situations resolved. That being said, it seems like you don't even care to get it resolved as you have not seem to bring anything up until now as your goodbye message.

Best of luck to wherever life finds ya!

You know there are higher-ups to help solve issues throughout this whole community.

It doesn’t take much effort to reach out to one and say “Hey! There is something wrong, can you please assist?”... and I am sure that they would be more than happy to assist you.

Problems can’t be solved without you attempting to do something about them.

- Random players are getting harassed because the ignorant people, that can't find my profile somehow think that I am them.

Yeah, that happens... But it won’t be fixed unless you speak up about it and have someone try to stop the issue.

You are complaining about everything that you could of helped solve if you would just of spoken up and asked for help.

Non-theless, farewell.

- Another thing I forgot to list too, is that I am pretty much (maybe) quitting TF2 all together. I've been playing for 5 years straight and I still have the skill level of a toddler. I'm not sure if it's my mental endurance or my set up but either way, I suck. What's the point on trying to be good at something you can't. Maybe it's the fact that I main as spy or sniper. But either way, my reaction time and my k/d ratio is off the charts awful.

- People won't stop bringing up the Mahogany situation, which was almost a year ago

- Peers who are apart of this community have repetitively attempted to troll me via steam, it actually gets aggravating.

- Just because I got into not even a fight with one person, some look at me like I'm a bad person or the cancerous kid of the community, just because "I got" him banned for a week for a mistake that he did.

If you feel that you are being targeted on our Servers or within our community please do not hesitate to contact a Higher-Up. Unfortunately, they cannot be monitoring everything 24/7 and rely heavily on the community to provide feedback and input.

To put it simply, as a part of the community we all need to do our part in reporting any issues or situations to foster a healthy and friendly environment for our Players. We're the eyes and ears of the Higher-Ups, and without us it is virtually impossible for them to do their job.

That being said, although it's unfortunate that it has come to this, I imagine your feedback is still greatly appreciated :coffee:

Edited by Forest (see edit history)

We have higher ups you can talk to about literally any of these problems (except for the toxic part. If you have been on the internet for 5 seconds you would know that everywhere you look online you will find someone toxic). These problems can be solved by speaking up. You don't have to make this goodbye thread to tell everybody where they could've been solved already. I don't even know who you are but see you later I guess???

- Another thing I forgot to list too, is that I am pretty much (maybe) quitting TF2 all together. I've been playing for 5 years straight and I still have the skill level of a toddler. I'm not sure if it's my mental endurance or my set up but either way, I suck. What's the point on trying to be good at something you can't. Maybe it's the fact that I main as spy or sniper. But either way, my reaction time and my k/d ratio is off the charts awful.

Also practice makes perfect. I will give a tip to you: TF2 is a (almost) 10 year old game. There are going to be gods and peasants at the game. Try sticking with a playstyle that suits you. Maybe if spy and sniper don't work with in reaction time, try soldier. Try soldier with the direct hit. Try soldier with the black box. There are so many different ways to play the classes. Keep toying with loadouts and find something you like. (One last note for sniper/spy: Your K/D will almost be negative unless you are an absolute god).

So, here is my conclusion then. I will probably going back to tf2. But I will take a break from Xenogaming. Not sure how long but it will be longer than a month. I need to start fresh. I will delete this post within a few days to make sure everyone that has posted here can see it.

So, here is my conclusion then. I will probably going back to tf2. But I will take a break from Xenogaming. Not sure how long but it will be longer than a month. I need to start fresh. I will delete this post within a few days to make sure everyone that has posted here can see it.

You can't just delete your post, it is here unless a higher up deletes it, and we don't just delete things because, we have generally liked keeping things to have as a sort of library/history of xG to look up past events or situations or even members by looking at old posts and seeing change/progress.

I think I know what you mean. People acting in a "snarky or sarcastic in a non-humorous way" or, as I like to call it, acting like assholes, was something I wasn't totally prepared for when I was first playing xG. I heard a lot of shit over the mic on TGH, and it really used to piss me off. There were certain members who just irritated me with their ignorance and incompetence. There are even staff members who I've nearly sent PMs asking them to stop acting ignorant, culturally insensitive, or just super sarcastic while on duty on an xG server.

But you know what? I accepted that people will always act this way to some extent on the internet, and many of the people who used to bother me have already adjusted their behavior accordingly.

Like people are saying, if you ever feel like someone's going too far and outright harassing you, you can always talk to one of the many staff members.

There's always almost someone online, you know.

Yeah this happens to me too. :P

This is honestly just completely your responsibility. When they send to messages via steam, it's all private. It's a personal conversation between two individuals, NOT an issue of public trolling on an xG server. You have power to just end the conversation. No one else has that power and therefore the responsibility of dealing with it.

If you don't like it, remove them from your friends list.

WHAT? If you've only been playing once a month, why the fuck does any of this even matter?

Dude, what if you just had bad luck and ran into some trollers who just joined the server for the first time?

You're giving 9 reasons why you're leaving xG based on an incredibly narrow scope of gameplay. :thinking:

No... I don't get what you mean.

Feel free to explain what you mean, though.

What? Randoms on the server are being harassed by more experienced but "ignorant" players who think that they are somehow you?

That makes NO SENSE. I think you just misspoke here, I get it.

Go ahead and elaborate on this because I am thoroughly confused. :wut: wut

Well, I should hope someone would respond to me when I ask for something over the mic rather than ignoring me.

But seriously, you probably mean that people immediately backlash at you when you say something, right?

Well, either they are trollers and you should just ignore them, OR they have a valid point and you are the one in the wrong.

Again, that's a personal problem unless they are actually harassing you in which case you can, again, talk to a staff member.

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm a sniper main myself, and it can be either very frustrating or very satisfying. I'm not good either, I played TF2center twice and I doubt I'll ever be playing again. I learned just how bad I was even with nearly 1000 hours in the game.

But you know what? The whole point of xG's servers is that you don't have to be good to play them. You don't have to be good to have a fun time, either. That's kinda what I like about xG.

But yeah, I get sick of it too. I totally understand your choice if you do quit TF2.

I'll quit too, some day.

Well man, sorry to see you go on such negative emotions. :/

However, to be honest, most of your post and reasons for leaving xG/quitting TF2 sound a lot like you're just simply sick of the game and ready to move on. I've been there too, that's how I moved on to xG after over four years of doing everything possible in Minecraft.

If that's the case, go ahead and say so instead of listing off a bunch of reasons why you think xG sucks based on one-day-a-month gameplay.

And finally, if you feel like I made an assumption where I should't have, let me know.

I don't want to act like an asshole, either. :P

Anyways, good luck out there man. (y)

Not sure why I wrote all this crap, maybe it's because I could relate with some of what you said.