AceActual

The Giveaway Plugin

So, this has probably been a topic that's been talked about time and time again on the servers but, something needs to be done here.

First issue with the thing: So. Much. Ref. I understand that Refined Metal isn't the worst thing to be given, but you only get one. One. I'd be fine if it was even 2 Ref, but one? Just isn't good, especially when paired with the next issue.

Second issue: Literally the BIGGEST reason that something needs to be done about the plugin. It breaks, way more than it should, but there's a... Shining light to this? It works half of the time it says it breaks, and doesn't work the other half. I've randomly gotten trade requests saying that I won, but... All I remember was the giveaway breaking. I mean, that's not bad at all, but then you get the worst stuff. I literally got a 20 cent pistol last week on Nice category. I'm pretty sure that isn't nice.

tl;dr - Giveaway plugin needs some changes. Oh, and it's broken.

Oh my god, not this crap again.....

Its free stuff, deal with it. We don't have to have this plugin. Just be happy that you even get just a single piece of metal.

Its main purpose is to encourage people to join our server.

This thread is pointing out obvious flaws in the system. It's not supposed to be broken half of the time. Stop being snarky.

First Issue: This was already brought up by someone else. Before you would get actual garbage. They changed it so the item would have to be of some value. I honestly think we shouldn't go over this again.

Second Issue: Well I mean yeah it is ''broken'' but it still seems to serve its purpose. Also I don't think we should go over this again because this a giveaway plugin which means you are getting stuff for free. You should be grateful instead of unappreciative.

This thread is pointing out obvious flaws in the system. It's not supposed to be broken half of the time. Stop being snarky.

Yes, I realize that, but I'm sick of people complaining about what they receive just because they think its "not enough". Its ungrateful and disgusting. Its one of my pet-peves. And Im also just tired from work so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The plugin is malfunctioning, yes. But I am just shook that people can't just be satisfied with what they get.

The plugin is broken on Pokemon, we get notifications on surf about the giveaway but I don't believe it actually does the giveaway on surf, TGH its not functioning at all... Other servers, IDK.

The bugs are what I was complaining about on the last post. The plugin is much better than it was initially. I'm not going to say you don't have reason to complain for free ref but you can disable it for yourself. The bugs are what we should focus on instead of making this another flame fest. Silence worked hard on this plugin and we should appreciate the work. It isn't perfect yet and does need bug fixes. Right now it breaks too much.

Second Issue: Well I mean yeah it is ''broken'' but it still seems to serve its purpose. Also I don't think we should go over this again because this a giveaway plugin which means you are getting stuff for free. You should be grateful instead of unappreciative.

The plugin is malfunctioning, yes. But I am just shook that people can't just be satisfied with what they get.

The plugin is broken on Pokemon, we get notifications on surf about the giveaway but I don't believe it actually does the giveaway on surf, TGH its not functioning at all... Other servers, IDK.

It doesn't matter if its free or not. The matter of the fact is that the plugin is breaking a lot, and this is a post mainly focusing on those issues. Instead of bringing your sass, try to help out by providing more examples to help @Rhododendron fixing those issues.

How about we encourage people posting about them instead of scaring people away?

It doesn't matter if its free or not. The matter of the fact is that the plugin is breaking a lot, and this is a post mainly focusing on those issues. Instead of bringing your sass, try to help out by providing more examples to help @Rhododendron fixing those issues.

How about we encourage people posting about them instead of scaring people away?

They complained about the items they were getting in both of their issues. They clearly wanted to tell us that they weren't happy with their item which isn't an issue but more of a problem of their own. This was already discussed in a previous thread so I would like to just cross that ''issue'' out right now and focus on the bug that is occurring. Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I understand why they think its an issue. If all you get is one ref every time then signing up for the giveaway isn't really worth it. It's kind of like the voting rewards on Minecraft. Since most of the voting rewards are garbo and have a high chance of dropping then what's the point of voting for the server?
The thing is that ref is a currency but the items you get from the voting chest can be required through playing the game itself (aka not actually worth anything and just a small thing you can do on the side). So if you don't want to get ref? That's completely fine you can just disable the plugin or if we're going to use the MC voting chest as an example, just don't vote for the server if you aren't happy with the rewards that are given and just work for the items instead. The MC voting chest is completely optional and you don't have to vote.

Look

I am not going to bring up how people are complaining about free shit because that already happened

Now. I don't know how buggy the bot is, but im sure Rhodo is getting to it. It doesn't happen instantly. Be patient and it should be fixed. Another thing is that I don't think this one thing is top priority so it might take some time.

It was a minor bug relating to the chat instance being passed across the threads. And I need to find someone who can sell us items that are worth $0.50 - $1.00 in bulk at a discount rate. Refined Metal is cheaper and that's all I can afford at the moment. Remember you can always donate items to help the giveaways out, and I'll be doing badges for people who donate items soon.

You can disable the giveaway using !settings, and for god sakes it's FREE ITEMS! You just sound extremely rude at this point complaining that free items just aren't good enough...

If you see any issues, don't make a thread and message me on steam immediately so I can fix!

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

What you get depends on what gets put in the bot too, its player-funded right now and obviously refined metal is a common donation.

Maybe to kind of fix the edge on this; if the bot receives enough metal to convert to a key; then a key should be converted too to make it interesting. Thats really my only suggestion to satisfy users and decrease amount of loose metal.

and for god sakes it's FREE ITEMS! You just sound extremely rude at this point complaining that free items just aren't good enough...

This.

It would also depend on the user's backpack price. To a lot of people, one ref isn't too much. Also since key prices are going up, ref are only going to get even less valuable.

(Note that ref is only about 7 cents right now)[ATTACH=full]31768[/ATTACH]

Maybe the giveaway could have more valuable things to hand out like keys, some stranges, ect. But also could happen later than it does now, every few hours or so.

It does, we put 100 keys into it, we just don't giveaway the higher quality items unless the population on the server is much more than 5 - 12 because all the items are provided from Rhodo to give back to the community. If you don't want an item because it isn't worth going into your inventory, opt out of the plugin or don't accept the trade.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)