james8470

Stepping Down

As promised, as of right now I am stepping down from Division Manager of the MC server.

Here's why:

1) I feel like I haven't done a good enough job on the MC server. It was pushed back a number of times and I feel I'm unfit and unworthy of the position.

2) When you haven't spoken to your friends in over a month you know there's a problem, when you're putting of your little brother's birthday party you know there's a problem.

3) I need to focus more on school, I'd like to get my grades up to straight A's if I want to get into a good college.

4) I've become disconnected from the xG community because of all the time I've spent alone configuring the MC server, I miss my old TF2 friends like @Natsu, @Spoopy, @shwash @ClassicGamer64 @ael_fjordling @Krampus and more (sorry if I forget to acknowledge you).

5) With all due respect to @Amymaniac, @XHina_sanX, @Aegean, and @Rhododendron, I didn't sign up to almost single-handedly create a faction server from the ground up. I applied for DM to help fix some bugs that had been on the towny server and put in some new features like voting. I also didn't sign up for the amount of disrespect I've received from some players.

6) I've accomplished what I've set out to do. I added voting and fixed the bugs which were annoying me back when the server was still on towny.

Lastly, I take full responsibility for whatever complaints anyone might have for the slowed release of the server or any bugs they may've found during the release day. I've done my best to fix whatever people have told me about (see the update thread), but this is the end of my service. If you want to rage, disrespect me, or tell me what terrible job I did, go right ahead, this is a good thread to do it on.

D'aww

Staff work on xG entirely voluntary. Don't let that get in the way of your life. Even though I am inactive on xG's minecraft server, if you are dedicating that much time, I am doubtful that your help will go unnoticed.

Hey man I just wanted to say a few parting words to ya before you leave.

• What you've done for us is a huge help, and the thing is we know how hard it is to create a spawn from scratch, to create a server that people will enjoy and bug fix etc. You should be proud of all the work you've done and no one (especially you) deserve to be berated or insulted for what you've done for us.
  • Your real life is more important than xG, this goes for everyone. Despite how grateful we are, you should always look out for yourself, and I'm glad you have high goals schoolwise and want to focus on yourself, it's never too late and I wish you the best of luck for all these aspects.
  • I wish you had been a little more open to me about some of these issues, but if all else, I want you to get to a good mental state where you're happy, you're always welcome either as a member or a staff, depending on what you prefer.

Let us know if there's anyway we can help out in xG in the future, but for now once again thanks for everything you've done for us, and we hope to see you around the servers and for you to enjoy your time again.

@james8470

Honestly, the server hasn't been in this good of a state for a very long time (maybe Arthman era). I can understand the stress of configuring (and building) a minecraft server during your own free time for hours on end loses its charm after a while. The release, aside from the donator /economy stuff (which would take a few minutes to fix), appears to be pretty successful compared to the past few launches. Delays are not a big deal, you shouldn't feel as if you did not deliver because it was not on time. These type of things should not have deadlines.

Some of your other points seem like excuses, although I understand you want to keep your grades up. You should reconsider stepping down and wait a while before you make a decision (unless you are truly unhappy, that's not my business).

edit: forgot to mention the spawn looks really good

edit2: you should ignore that person who went at you in discord, he's a sad person and his word holds little value

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

@james8470 I don't know if you're even going to believe my apology, or even care what I have to say, but I'd just like to clear the air with you, I never had ill intent with the messages I said to you, even though they came off as very aggressive. At the time I started it off as a troll and was just dick pulling the tf2 members, and never intended it to go towards the owner or maker of the server, It's okay if you don't believe me, but I honestly had no clue who even ran or set up the server. It doesn't change my actions and it doesn't make my actions justifiable by any means. WIth anybody that attempts to resseruct our MC divison flame / hate seems to come their way, and I really did not mean to make it seem like I don't appreciate what you did / try to do. You put effort into it when others wouldn't, that's all we can ever ask for really, the final product may not of been fully tested or came out the way you wanted it to, but that doesn't mean you failed. If anything I've said to you, or about the server has effected your judgment to leave this clan, I apologize 1000 times my man, and hope that the decision can be changed, but by the looks of it, your other reason weigh heavier, so best of luck with what you do next. Again, I'm sorry.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Wait you did pretty much all of the MC stuff yourself? What happened @Amymaniac @XHina_sanX ?

Please don't take what's been said by others to heart. The fact that you almost single-handedly set up and launched a factions server is admirable and to receive the rude comments that people have made despite you putting all that effort in yourself is just saddening. Sad to see you step down.

Some people are apologizing thinking they pushed me to resign for being too rude/probing, I really do appreciate it, but...

I'd been planning on resigning for a longggg time now long before I even announced l was going to resign two weeks ago.

So, to anyone who thought the entire reason why I steeped down was solely because of them, banish it from your mind, that was only one very very small part of it and I forgive anyone who was upset with me. Hey, I would be upset too if I joined a buggy server. ;)

We appreciate all you have done for the MC server. I don't go on there much but it looks like it is an awesome start. Can't wait to see the other factions build up. Also don't let xG get in the way of your life. Playing on xG won't get you into college or a paying job. You should spend your time making sure you do the best you can in your own life. Keep it easy my dude.

sucks that I won't have much time to play on the server until the week of the 15th :(

I think @Amymaniac and @XHina_sanX owe this dude a huge apology for making him do most of the work. You guys have taken away a lot of his time to be with family and friends while you just stand there and watch him work. Unless you have been gone and completely unable to work on the server there is no reason why you should leave him hanging. I don't want to start shit, but you guys are DM/DL of the servers along with him you had both signed up to work on the server together.

Thanks for putting so much time and effort into the server, even if it was postponed a few times. I have heard good things about it so far. Good luck with school

james we are entirely grateful for you getting the base of the new server all set up for us to expand on. Don't feel you are stepping down for not delivering you have done a fantastic job for the division. Good luck in school and life and thanks again for everything.