Xg:m| Red Eevee - Team Fortress 2

Division:

Team Fortress 2

Staff Name:

xG:M| Red Eevee

Staff's Steam ID:

Evidence:

Further Information:

xG:M| Red Eevee / Flareon used his ability to set his own gravity in a combat situation as the evidence shows. Both the start of the video and the image in the evidence section make it clear it was not a RTD result, and that it happened on the PKMN Trading Center server.

Nothing was said by him prior to the incident about the spawncamp or sentry itself (hence the lack of evidence about what happened before), the first moderator-exclusive action was the combination of lowered gravity and constant sapping in a situation where it would otherwise be impossible to do what he did.

From my understanding of the rules spawncamping is allowed and only admins can deem a spawncamp unbreakable. Red Eevee is not an admin, and no admin had deemed the spawncamp unbreakable prior to the incident above.

I won't lie its me, but all I did was sap everything and that ended up with both the Sapper destroyed and me getting killed 13 times without destroying anything not killing anyone. Also the other engie left the game after awhile.

I won't lie its me, but all I did was sap everything and that ended up with both the Sapper destroyed and me getting killed 13 times without destroying anything not killing anyone. Also the other engie left the game after awhile.

It still had a direct impact on the lifespan of the buildings, and that impact was achieved by using "special" commands to do something you normally wouldn't be able to do.

Placing sappers - items that disable and potentially destroy buildings - on buildings is without a doubt an aggressive act, and the point here is that you wouldn't be able to place the sappers there without changing your own gravity.

+1 Flareon, c'mon maaan. Scootaloo already made it official (somewhere) that the rule about admins breaking a spawncamp was no longer in effect. Using your powers to give you an unfair advantage is abuse.

Ok, I don't know why he would not just dead ring and try to get to the top and break it. Anyways, flare on, why did you do that, you gave yourself an unfair advantage to try to destroy the nest. Now, if he would have used god mode then I would immediately +1 this but he did not (or I am blind and did not see it.) I am staying neutral for now.

Edit: please no remove gravity ;(

Okay, after speaking to the other DMs about the rule, we have come to the decision to keep the rule as it is, in which Admins+ have the discretion to deem the spawn camp as unbreakable.

HOWEVER, I would HIGHLY SUGGEST that spawn camps are left alone and only broken if it is literally impossible to get around, such as if you head through a teleport to get out of spawn, like in Nimbus. xG has been known for a long time for its allowance of spawn camping, and the last thing we want to do is get rid of it.

So, in the given scenario, Flareon using low gravity to drop sappers on the buildings would constitute as abuse. Admins+ are the only ones who can deem if a camp is unbreakable, so if you think it qualifies, you should be seeking out an Admin+ to make a judgment call on it.

PLEASE don't take it into your own hands. Let one of us make that call.

+1 gave himself an obvious advantage over people and tried to destroy the nest. He said he was not disguised but he was as a solider in the video. I see no reason why he would do it besides pick on the engineers since the nest was not bad.

What I am seeing here is definitely abuse, although minor. I'm guessing Flareon just did it because the sentry spawn camp was annoying him. This is his first incident, so imo just warn him since its a minor case of abuse.

Not trying to be that guy who starts shit but this is not flareons first time doing this, rejects I think can confirm that he has done stuff in the past like going into god mode and running past sentries or when he throws people across the map randomly.

Thanks for that Dethman, but since this is the first DOCUMENTED incident we've seen, I think we can safely give Flareon an official warning about his actions.

Flareon, it's probably best to ensure that if you are engaging the enemy team AT ALL, don't have any active commands that could potentially give you an edge to the fight. Make sure things like resize commands, low gravity, speed, and the such are all reset before actually fighting and trying to affect the enemy teams. Also, that goes for God/Buddha mode too. Since this is your first offence, I don't think any drastic measures will be taken, but should it happen again, there will be a possible ramification you'd face, up to and possibly including demotion.

If this is sufficient to the other DMs/DLs, I think we can close the thread and move on. Flareon has received his warning, and should he receive his warning and change his actions, I feel no further punishments need to be given at this time. Just don't let it happen again, yeah? Consider this a probationary period of sorts where you'll be monitored for any additional wrongdoings.

@Moosty @Rejects @Ohstopyou @kbraszzz

If sufficient, we can close the thread and be done with it.