Thorax_

Server Request | Dodgeball

Should we have a Dodge Ball server.  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a Dodge Ball server.

I think we should have a dodgeball server. It popped back intomy head when someone on Pokémon trade rolled homing rockets and 2 pyros: one on each team were going back and fourth.

I think it would be pretty cool tohave a dodgeball server.

Probably could replace the "now disabled" JB2 server

Thoughts?

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I'd love to have a dodge ball server here in xG. As long as we don't have a janky-ass plugin for it this time, we'd be good to go.

Usually I find myself playing on a dodge ball server since its incredibly fun to play. I know a metric fuck-ton of maps that we could have on the server, if this goes through I'd be glad to help with some of the work going into the server.! :^]

Dodgeball was dead AF instantaneously last time we had it. Except for Johnny the young god, I can't remember a single time a non xG member played there. It just didn't bring in players, and tf2 as a game has less players now than then, it just straight up would be another dead server.

There were good times, and even members from other divs joining for events, but more so than our other servers, it was only ever us on there once-ish a week, and dead all other times.

To go the other way though, with our current server count all of them would not be populated no matter what, we'll have dead weight regardless. So if we have actual broken, not functioning servers, then replacing them with something working even if it doesn't get super populated ever would still be good.

Last time xG had dodgeball it was long ago (Like a year if i remember) The reason we got rid of it was due to inactivity, glitches and bugs, and no admins coming if there was a problem. Even it was fun I don't think we should get rid of ghost town jb because people still go there some time of the week. And little kids populate them sometimes so let them have their playground. :D

To kind of answer all your statements with a brief note.

I mean deathrun has to be self populated, I don't see anything wrong with replacing that non-existing server with one of those.

And bring it was a year or so since it was active on the roster. I don't think it would have the same problems.

I mean it wouldn't hurt considering we have like 2-3 empty server slotsaccording to bans.

Knowing how dead db got, I do miss it quite a lot. It did actually bring a few non xG's from what I remember and was a nice addition from the same old, same old. But if it doesn't happen we can always go back to @Vacindak "tennis" in the surf server to improvise

Anyways, considering that deathrun, the server that no one expected to get populated, now gets almost 15 players every day. I believe it would be possible to populate this with the right plugins.

Knowing how dead db got, I do miss it quite a lot. It did actually bring a few non xG's from what I remember and was a nice addition from the same old, same old. But if it doesn't happen we can always go back to @Vacindak "tennis" in the surf server to improvise

UHHH THIS IS MY DODGEBALL EXTREME!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSPLqOCVZmI

Edited by Vacindak (see edit history)

Last time we had a dodgeball server was when you guys thought the shit plugin was fine. If your plugin was nicer it would attract more players.

Wait, did we use "Not another DB plugin" or the other like 3 whose names escape me now?

Anyway, another issue of DB was hackers, believe it or not. Guys would come in and ruin games by simultaneously running aimbot and an auto reflect script. If there were a total of 3 people on the server (like it usually was) it was hard to get a response.

But of course this was, what, like 2 years ago almost? If DB could actually be popular, I'd be up for it. But remember, there's always a chance it'll go the way of the Hidden and Smash servers and go under-popped for a

majority of the time (not counting population events)