gangsterheavy

(idea) Server Quests

is this a good idea?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. is this a good idea?

• yes
    • no

yes as said before the quests i put up were examples the real quests will be made by admins and staff

1. A vote would have to happen first

2. There are predetermined quests as admins cant say "server give people shit when they do this!"

3. I see this as being a more minigame sort of thing for JB, DR, FF2, and ZF. It would be too easy to get credits if it were a trading server.

so uhhhh

Edited by Thunder (see edit history)

*evade 200 damage using bonk as scout (50 shmekles)

Without using staff to middleman this thing and just having a nice plugin would be a good idea to give some reason to play instead of just fragging or something like I do on Pokemon and TGH. Also, if this is going to happen, we may want to consider removing quests that use unlock weapons to make sure we're not making it hard on those who do not have the item.

-1 (if this even counts, but otherwise to persuade.) Because if we have staff setting this up alone would be a complete mess and obviously no 100% way to point out "oh I did it can I have my credits now :ddd"

Seems completely plausible if you were to have a plugin written to do this all automatically...

You could also limit the connected player to only get, say... 3 quests per 30 mins? That way people couldn't farm, or abuse the system.

Have the connected player's Steam ID linked through the plugin so that they can level up to get harder and more profitable quests.

Make special quest-obtainable titles and trails to further motivate people to do them.

Hell, even have server custom achievements they can get by finishing a certain amount of quests or finishing a certain quest.

This is all possible, but would probably take a long time to get it all written up correctly and not blow up the server by accident

I was an idea and is due to change but ill just scrap this idea and think up something else this one was a bust

Hey don't be so disheartened. It's an interesting idea without a doubt, and could potentially add a ton of fun to the servers. That being said something like this would need to be dissected thoroughly so as to not cause problems (easy exploiting and such as already stated).

That being said, it would take a lot of time to figure out a proper way to implement it, again, assuming such an automated system is even possible.

Regardless, don't be afraid people are trying to shut down your idea, in fact it seems very much the opposite. The problems just need to be pointed out so they can be addressed, fixed, and improved.

Kinda going off bones idea, it MIGHT make the system a bit easier to have it direct people/connect to the forums to be able to start their quests, which also might help as a somewhat subtle way to lean people towards applying for membership.

Edited cause typing on the phone sucks

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I can see the attempt in trying to bring the community closer with objectives to complete and challenges but if this was to go through, the objectives would have to be a lot more extreme. Not trying to put down the idea at all but most of these task are done 100x on a regular basis. Probably more so on certain types of servers like trading or vsh

People would be asking each other to help and some people I already would see begging.

Honestly it wouldn't be that hard to make a plugin to do that, it'd just take a bit to add various types of quests. The main problem really is with farming/exploiting, which is gonna be difficult to avoid for anything that involves multiple players.

Honestly it wouldn't be that hard to make a plugin to do that, it'd just take a bit to add various types of quests. The main problem really is with farming/exploiting, which is gonna be difficult to avoid for anything that involves multiple players.

I don't think it'd be easy to farm if we make it like a weekly quest or something if that's possible. 3 quests per week and just reward around 25- 100 schmeckles for each :coffee:

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I don't think it'd be easy to farm if we make it like a weekly quest or something if that's possible. 3 quests per week and just reward around 25- 100 schmeckles for each :coffee:

It could possibly be implemented in a weekly event rather than daily to bring in population. For example I could see a silly for like idk..trying to populate zf with a crazy objective of "Kill a tank with short circuit" That's just my opinion though

these seem the most logical for the farming issue

Yeah I was never 100% with whatever example I gave, people always try and find an easy way. Hope this becomes a possibility though in some way, it'd be kinda fun

Why not give it a shot for a little bit if we can get a plugin for it?

Just make quests harder to be achieved, or make them strictly for servers other than our trade servers.

I think it's an idea that's worth a shot. Maybe a week test on a server, see how people like it, and if people abuse it often/easily.

Why not give it a shot for a little bit if we can get a plugin for it?

Just make quests harder to be achieved, or make them strictly for servers other than our trade servers.

I think it's an idea that's worth a shot. Maybe a week test on a server, see how people like it, and if people abuse it often/easily.

this is a great idea to test it thanks goblins