Aegean

A Open Discussion About Teamspeak (Please read if you're staff)

I am fine with Teamspeak, we should get rid of the inactive rooms though such as a chunk of the RPG rooms.

If TS server does get shutdown... will those whom made a custom room get a refund?

I am fine with Teamspeak, we should get rid of the inactive rooms though such as a chunk of the RPG rooms.

If TS server does get shutdown... will those whom made a custom room get a refund?

IF it does, either compensated via discord, or given full refund with credits yes :emoji_smile:

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

[MEDIA=reddit]path=%2Fr%2Fdiscordapp%2Fcomments%2F509ocl%2F[/MEDIA] @Aegean apparently discord ip bans automatically when you ban someone. Maybe you could test it out to see if it's true idk if it is lol

Thx @Kypari uwu

IP bans are easy to circumvent, if anyone wants to go out of their way to harass a xG discord we can enable any of the account moderation settings for new members (e.g. verified email+phone).

Doing so would prevent even the most persistent individuals, whilst not affecting the experience of anyone with a rank on the server.

IP bans are easy to circumvent, if anyone wants to go out of their way to harass a xG discord we can enable any of the account moderation settings for new members (e.g. verified email+phone).

Doing so would prevent even the most persistent individuals, whilst not affecting the experience of anyone with a rank on the server.

His post was more-so to respond to me saying teamspeak IP bans because I didn't know discord ip bans as well.

His post was more-so to respond to me saying teamspeak IP bans because I didn't know discord ip bans as well.

I had no idea either until thunder asked. You can still get by with VPN and stuff sadly.

Meh I don't use teamspeak because I'm not too social on the mic and don't like talking to large groups of players or paying attention to that many people since I'm not that talkative and like some privacy so I just prefer discord so I can talk to certain friends or other staff, I honestly don't care bout which one I use since I find them to be basically the same thing, I just prefer talking to smaller groups and not having to communicate as much.

I heavily discourage Discord as a primary. But if users wish to create their own channels for friends as long as not branded xG, that should be fine.

I like teamspeak as it gives users the ability to have their own private locked channels, there's no way you can create a function that allows someone to have their own room and be able to edit it without giving them access to changing any and all rooms on discord.

Many flaws are present and should be kept in mind if this change is to take place.

Yes discord is new age however it lacks important connectivity functions. You won't have custom icons anymore, ability to visibly show multiple ranks, and there's only so much difference in permissions you can give without running out of combinations.

Teamspeak is more advanced, aside from the classic look, I'm sure teamspeak will update the base UI if they get suggestions.

Visual Appeal doesn't always mean quality.

Some things can look like absolute crud but work like a million dollars.

I am not for the discontinuation of TS at all.

I like teamspeak as it gives users the ability to have their own private locked channels, there's no way you can create a function that allows someone to have their own room and be able to edit it without giving them access to changing any and all rooms on discord.[/Quote]

@TheSupremePatriot I've been fiddling around with discord controls and I believe this won't be an issue, you just need to have a role specific to a channel, and then only people with that role will be allowed to join the channel or read the discussions in there.

T̶e̶a̶m̶s̶p̶e̶a̶k̶ ̶g̶e̶n̶e̶r̶a̶t̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶d̶w̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶I̶D̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶a̶n̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶i̶r̶c̶u̶m̶v̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶c̶o̶r̶d̶ ̶(̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶a̶l̶l̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶W̶i̶n̶d̶o̶w̶s̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶H̶W̶I̶D̶)̶.̶

Edited by Rhododendron (see edit history)

Teamspeak generates a hardware ID and bans that so it's much harder to circumvent than discord (you would have to get a new installation of Windows or change your HWID).

Unless teamspeak changed how their bans work, it uses your Product ID.

Do you have the update log where they changed this?

Unless teamspeak changed how their bans work, it uses your Product ID.

Do you have the update log where they changed this?

Ah you're right my bad. But it still requires some type of registry edit to change it or they may base it off something else.

I like teamspeak as it gives users the ability to have their own private locked channels, there's no way you can create a function that allows someone to have their own room and be able to edit it without giving them access to changing any and all rooms on discord.

Many flaws are present and should be kept in mind if this change is to take place.

This is incorrect, you can assign roles room specific permissions. Which includes basic channel perms (e.g. kicking people from the channel, moving them out, locking, etc etc). The only *issue* is that if you want a locked channel from the public, you would either need your friends to join before you lock it or assign them the connect permission via the member specific channel perms. Which in the long run is very convenient after you get your friend group added.

Discord is a very robust platform so you could create a bot that generates channel access codes that people can use for gaining access to a channel.

Yes discord is new age however it lacks important connectivity functions. You won't have custom icons anymore, ability to visibly show multiple ranks, and there's only so much difference in permissions you can give without running out of combinations.

Icons is one of the few things you lose (aside from subchannels). I'm not really following with anything else in this statement, you're going to have to elaborate on connectivity functions and permission combinations.

Teamspeak is more advanced, aside from the classic look, I'm sure teamspeak will update the base UI if they get suggestions.

Visual Appeal doesn't always mean quality.

Some things can look like absolute crud but work like a million dollars.

Teamspeak is only more advanced in terms of administrative power, aside from that it is an aging platform that lacks features discord has and people want. Teamspeak has a very unclear future, so if you can show me a roadmap of their development plans that would be appreciated. If not, it is to be assumed they won't update their UI.

Ah you're right my bad. But it still requires some type of registry edit to change it or they may base it off something else.

Ehh, it's pretty easy to just follow a guide and use regedit to change it. IIRC setting your productID to zero breaks teamspeak's productID ban all together.

I still think discord's new user moderation settings are extremely powerful.

ai.imgur.com_sfxvleW.png.29f92530481658ea0cd7bf06441ccbfc.png

Hey not staff but I'm quite familiar with both platforms (I used TS for a long while in the past and have now moved over to Discord)

I think TS is a dying platform, without visual appeal, I gotta say I never enjoyed being on a team speak server when I was on one, people say it's just as easy as Discord, which isn't true, it can be more confusing easily.

Not sure why someone having multiple administrative ranks displayed is really all that important, because in discord you can do the exact same thing, however it only shows one rank/tag at a time unless you click a user and choose to *view roles/ranks* or rather, check with your eyes

29893-d3378128e7fa23db2484566ffd08df40.jpg

So another big point I've seen being made in here (that someone hasn't already explained) is the idea of getting credits/little icons? this is a very personal problem, I doubt the majority is to concerned about making 1 credit for 1 minute of voice chat time, or rather if they have small cosmetic icons, I mean there isn't any form of equivalence in Discord I agree with this, however you could decide to make custom emojis for higher ups (for instance a mod gets one emoji and a admin gets another).

My last point is directed at people who either don't have the ability to use a microphone or don't own one, Discord is much more text chat friendly, messages feel more fluid and send with a more impact feel and they're more visually appealing

example.png.9869128cd9649d7b5a5f2cd1b4f8c527.png