Goblins

Pokemon Go Megathread

So I thought since Pokemon Go came out, that it would be a good idea to see how others are doing.

Post your:

• Thoughts on the game so far.
  • Pokemon you caught/Pokemon you almost caught.
  • Any special events that happened.

Lets see if the game really lives up to the hype.

Personally I just started the game since the servers were being overloaded. Got a Charmander so far.

Well, looking at the app information; it looks like this will be a good way to get people off their asses and go outside. Brilliant! This is what games should be like.

On the other hand, I will install it later and see what it is like.

Edited by TheSupremePatriot (see edit history)

Well I have a nice small chunk from walking this morning, while I do like the game it has its flaws.

You really can't do anything until level 5 which is when you receive potions, revives, etc.

I'm worried about evolving starters as you may have to go roaming for a while to find decent Pokemon instead of basic normal flying birds, bugs, rattatas, etc

Some Pokemon seem to be specific to an area and are in areas where you really can't go in. (I've been trying to track down this ghastly that was on my block, and I circled around it but went I strayed away from my block it was further away, I assumed it was in the heart of the block in my neighbors yard which I don't wanna go in, get caught, and explain that I wasn't trying to break I to their homes, but catch mons.)

On the upside I really like the idea of exercise and actual walking because when you get eggs you have the walk to hatch them the lowest amount of distance needed to hatch an egg is 2 km but less steps the less rare it is, the highest I now of is 10 km as I obtained quite a few eggs. (I've only hatched one, which turned out to be a weedle </3)

The game tracks at what speed you're going at so you can't cheat the egg system by riding in a car, bike, skateboard, etc.

I really enjoyed this game and having to walk a few miles to collect Pokemon is fine by me, good thing I live close to a lot of pokestops so I can get eggs, supplies, and pokeballs easily.

This game is still very young so I expect things to get fixed and tweak so I can't say whether it's actually good or not.

Hoping they add more mons soon!

@Goblins @TheSupremePatriot

Screenshot_20160707-102700.thumb.png.b4c338bbb697cfcc5a47fde27f4d8a7a.png

I'm obsessed. And the hotel I'm at between apartments is a block from a gym so I'm already top dog there (SO PROUD OF YOU SLOWPOKE BBY). Here's a pic of the prodigal child and the rest of my mons.

Screenshot_20160707-090139.thumb.png.6fe2eac79f998f6b819d980a4bac64a0.png

Screenshot_20160707-084356.thumb.png.1f709b93007242dce97add1b31b907af.png

@Blizzard it has already been confirmed that next major update will move along in generations, currently it is gen 1 only (Kanto aka blue and red) but next will include Johto (gold and silver)

it is also location based pokemon. so yes you will have to go to different areas and during different times to find pokemon. if you're near a lake or an ocean, you're probably going to find a lot of water pokemon vs. my friend who was hiking around and happened to have cell+gps service and he caught a zapdos already. In hospitals people have been stating to have seen gengar and ghastly during all hours of the day, but more prevalent during the night as well as generally speaking around like parks etc or cemetaries at night you can almost guarantee to get a spawn for them.

Wherever you think a certain kind of pokemon would probably be. it will most likely be on the "around here" tab. I live in california, so I have been finding a lot of pidgey, rat niggas, sandshrew, machop/choke (champ soon^tm), ekans, and doduo. however at work since we have lakes at disney i caught slowpoke omanyte dratini and goldeen. magikarp showed up and i was on the shuttle back to parking so it was too far away.

you can also catch pokemon without standing right on top of them if they show up on the map you can click them and it brings you to the catching game.

Finally downloaded it. There's more Gyms and Poke-stops in my town then there are people. First Pokemon I caught was a Pikachu while going 75 mph down the highway

So far my friends and I are dominating a gym. No one can stop us.

Went downtown, and saw several groups of 5+ people walking around playing the game.

There's lots of random shit around here. I have 2 300+ cp Tangela. I've seen psyduck. Kingler/Krabby and Exeggcute/Exeggutor. Poliswag. Pinsir and Scyther. Wild Ivysaur once even. Gonna drive around one of these days see if I can't find a ghost type or fire type.