Goblins

Pokemon Go Megathread

Working at EA and there is a stupid amount of people wandering around with their phones out, looking for Pokemon. I mentioned this in Shout Box, but I've had a fair amount of people wander into our pod (work area) in the hopes of catching one. Mind you, some of these people aren't even authorized to be walking around in our area.

I personally haven't started, but only because I'd rather download the app from the Playstore (once it's released in Canada) than download from a 3rd party site. Needless to say, I've heard a lot of stories of people winding up in places they've never been because their eyes are just glued onto the screen.

Keep your surroundings into consideration y'all, work-friend of mine already walked into a glass door by mistake :coffee:

Just started, but my starter is bulbasaur. im going to actually do stuff tomorrow.

Only played a little bit, but heres what i got so far.

CF9B26F4-D313-44A7-B04B-568C33D1296A.thumb.PNG.9fda9ed79c70a09cb044102d5a3d990f.PNG

I just reached level 5, but wont do any battles til im back in New Jersey(PS i didnt make an inactivity thread but im in pennsylvania for the week @Owl @Lithium @Bleed @Chrono. Was just a week so i didnt feel like making one).

ty @Chrono

I'm gonna dump a few tips and info for anyone that's interested and I'll post my dex and team later

• You can curve pokeballs by doing a small spinning motion, this will result in a curved throw when catching pokemon, gives you an extra 10 xp
  • At level 12 you start to get great balls
  • If you want a full main team and rule several gyms I recommend catching dupes of good mons so you can keep one on your main team and the other at a gym (I have 3 jynxes, 2 of them I park at gyms)
  • Some pokemon are exclusive to certain areas around you (My local park is flooded with jynx, dratini, and magikarps and my local graveyard is infested with ghastlies)
  • The higher level you are the higher cp pokemon you encounter (and the cp cap will be raised)
  • Pokemon are exclusive by day and night
  • Legendaries are going to be available by event locations, the same company that helped with pokego (Niantic) also made Ingress which is similar and that game aswell had location events, so if you wanna know where these event locations could be look up a map for the past in game location events for Ingress
  • even if you dont want to catch that pidgey or rattata, do it, the stardust will help you in the long run
  • You get 500 stardust and 10 coins for every gym you're in every 21 hours, to collect the rewards go to the shop and click the shield when the cool off is over
  • Pokestops refresh every 5 mins if you're not in it's radius
  • The 3 eeveelutions are deemed as random, none of the theories so far have been correct/confirmed

KMEggs.thumb.jpg.3eb68ab45e77a47a12eabece34b26713.jpg

I really love running into a jiggly puff, only for it to break out on first throw, then take two more to get it in the pokeball, then the ball doesn't shake at all and freezes. I reopen Pokemon go to find, the jiggly puff isn't there anymore, but don't worry! There's a rattata, just what I've always wanted!