Thunder

[ff2] Bring Back Which Bosses?

(The reason I made a thread for this instead of posting in FF2 revive is I thought some people wouldn't see if I just posted in revive)

chuck_norris

crash

sonic_exe

nightmare_medic

sanic

shrek

sandmen

sarg

heavydile

fourchan_sniper

bread_spy

bloodrider

Bowser

danmedic

fazbear

chica

kirby

goofy

I suggest copying this list and just putting a "Yes" or "No" next to the bosses you want back in. Please give reasons too!

crash

sonic_exe

nightmare_medic

sanic

shrek

sandmen

sarg

heavydile

fourchan_sniper

bread_spy

bloodrider

Bowser

Bring them back. They aren't broken and can be nostalgic.

fazbear

chica

Don't bring them back. Broken due to bringing other bosses.

kirby

Don't bring this boss back. Very broken and absurd playermodel (not to mention the theme is annoying).

goofy

Unsure: I don't remember why Goofy was removed.

Speaking of which, you forgot these bosses.

Seedler

Wolf

Steve

Herobrine

John Cena

Servant Grunt

SCP-173

Nightmare Medic

The Rock

Zerstorer

Chuck Greene

Piss Cakehole

Rappy the Raptor

Oogie Boogie(?)

Heisenberg

Merasmus

chuck_norris - Yes

crash - Yes

sonic_exe - Yes

nightmare_medic - Unsure

sanic - Yes

shrek - Yes

sandmen - Unsure

sarg - Yes

heavydile - Yes

fourchan_sniper - No

bread_spy - Unsure

bloodrider - Unsure

Bowser - Yes (for Kypari)

danmedic - Unsure.

fazbear - No

chica - No

kirby - Yes

goofy - Yes

Since I've hardly played FF2 I vaguely know the bosses and some I don't know at all which I put "Unsure" next to.

Heard Kirby is really broken but since I've not played I can't attest to that.

Seedler

Wolf

Steve

Herobrine

John Cena

Servant Grunt

SCP-173

Nightmare Medic

The Rock

Zerstorer

Chuck Greene

Piss Cakehole

Rappy the Raptor

Oogie Boogie(?)

Heisenberg

Merasmus

Those were the only bosses that Rejects had a backup of so those are the only ones you're getting unless you find the download for those.

Or you could always design a new boss *cough*

As long as you have a functioning model, it's fairly easy to make a .cfg for their powers, health, and sounds. Hell, there's even a program to do it for you if you don't want to type that much.

I'm sure if regaining population is the intent with adding back old bosses, then surely neat xG specific bosses should keep people sticking around.

Yes to chuck_Norris, sonic_exe, sandmen, heavydile, bread spy, and goofy. All just because they sound interesting.

Also yes to Bowser as more Nintendo characters are always welcome (and deffinlently not for kypari's sake)

Can't say I know why any were removed/not re-added, but I see no reason to not put any back in unless they had serious game breaking problems or just made things unfun

I thought Chuck Norris was removed because he was op?

Correct me if I'm wrong but he had multiple lives and after one was taken everyone was spooked, he then had a rage that allowed him to one shot literally every class but heavy.

The rest I don't even know man, I was not here when this server was alive, I just played on a different FF2 server a while back.

Can't say I know why any were removed/not re-added, but I see no reason to not put any back in unless they had serious game breaking problems or just made things unfun

I thought Chuck Norris was removed because he was op?

Correct me if I'm wrong but he had multiple lives and after one was taken everyone was spooked, he then had a rage that allowed him to one shot literally every class but heavy.

The rest I don't even know man, I was not here when this server was alive, I just played on a different FF2 server a while back.

Well, see the issue was due to the main power up that the team fighting against the boss gets, PlayPoints. See, certain bosses use a specific class, and say that person has a PP ability for that class, well, it makes it much harder.

Bosses like Chuck Norris used the Heavy, which allowed players to use Hyper Heavy as him. You're talking about a global rage on life loss and a rage that gives him a weapon that one-shots most classes whilst being super fast.

A lot of those bosses that were removed had an issue that allowed them to use the powers. Sandmen, Heavydile, Herobrine, Bowser, Shrek, Sanic, etc...

Now a way we stopped that was to go into the boss' .cfg and change their class, which could cause issues with some bosses...

Now that all PP powers are back, we have to re-take this into account again. Meaning if we re-add Sanic and Sandmen they will have either 520 or Homing Balls. So before re-adding them, they'll need to change their

.cfg defined class again

Well, see the issue was due to the main power up that the team fighting against the boss gets, PlayPoints. See, certain bosses use a specific class, and say that person has a PP ability for that class, well, it makes it much harder.

Bosses like Chuck Norris used the Heavy, which allowed players to use Hyper Heavy as him. You're talking about a global rage on life loss and a rage that gives him a weapon that one-shots most classes whilst being super fast.

A lot of those bosses that were removed had an issue that allowed them to use the powers. Sandmen, Heavydile, Herobrine, Bowser, Shrek, Sanic, etc...

Now a way we stopped that was to go into the boss' .cfg and change their class, which could cause issues with some bosses...

Now that all PP powers are back, we have to re-take this into account again. Meaning if we re-add Sanic and Sandmen they will have either 520 or Homing Balls. So before re-adding them, they'll need to change their

.cfg defined class again

I see no way to fix the PP powers for Hyper Heavy and such but for the 520 and Homing Balls problem its quite easy to fix. 520 isnt a problem because its 420 now and Homing Balls im just trying to get removed ;]

But we have dealt with these bosses with these powers for a long time, why not now?

I see no way to fix the PP powers for Hyper Heavy and such but for the 520 and Homing Balls problem its quite easy to fix. 520 isnt a problem because its 420 now and Homing Balls im just trying to get removed ;]

But we have dealt with these bosses with these powers for a long time, why not now?

I was just explaining why a few of them were removed a while back. Fixing these is actually really easy, it just requires someone to have access to the server files to make the change.

You just go into the boss' .cfg file and change the class attributes they use.

For example, changing the Servant Grunt's class from Pyro or whatever to something like Sniper. He wouldn't get any kind of PP perk and Pyros would actually be effective against him.

@Rejects knows what I'm talking about.

Models and animations all still work fine. This same technique can be used for any boss that can have a potentially unfair advantage.

Seedler

Wolf

Steve

Herobrine

John Cena

Servant Grunt

SCP-173

Nightmare Medic

The Rock

Zerstorer

Chuck Greene

Piss Cakehole