Kypari

Regarding the new giveaway plugin

What should we do about the new giveaway plugin?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do about the new giveaway plugin?

• Remove it.
    • Change it to hub credits.
    • Keep it.

It is literally worthless though since backburner is next to useless and I can't use it in crafting.

Sell it for like the dollar it's worth and buy something craftable if you really want to craft that badly. Alternatively you could get even more craftable weapons if someone overpays for it in a direct trade. My point is just that something being uncraftable isn't really an issue. The item is worth around a dollar, and you can trade it. The only realy issue I see, once again, is people flooding the inventory with items barely worth anything that take up more inventory space than they're worth, (crates, cases, even scrap weapons to an extent).

To calm everyone down, here's a cute cat girl being smug as fuck.

ai.imgur.com_qcT7Fvk.jpg.596d30d9c89d443cd31112e0da4bde12.jpg

I just hope you all chill out, @Kypari i know how it feels to be on the outside of an opinion, and others should respect that, but don't start the fire if you don't want them by ridiculing someone's hard work, which i'm sure you understand. Also, i think silence understands that this is a work in progress and i applaud him for the hard work, but remember people, we are a gaming community, and just try and relax and take people's opinions better. I would recommend higher staff warning people if they start to get too disrespectful. I'm sorry if i'm saying what the higher ups are saying but it's true. All of your opinions matter and all of you are beautiful people. Also, others shouldn't just mock someone else's opinion or try and dumb it down because that only frustrates them further. I'm not on either side, i just think everyone here could of done a better job in communicating their opinions. Love you all friends.

I don't think it's really fair to make it out that kypari is just being greedy whining baby or whatnot. He has a pretty valid compliant. It's an inconvenience to have someones junk shifted onto you to deal with. And personally I usually just scrap all the items I get from normal drops. I just don't understand why he can't voice his complaint without having it just thrown in the meme bin. A lot of us don't like the plugin for various reasons. That's why this was posted and has 4 pages worth of opinions. I get that it is a free service that gives you items other people donated. Hence the free part, but it does affect players by being incomplete. I just think it needs to be fixed before addressing issues like attracting people just for the free items instead of the community. Also @Aegean uncraftable items are harder to sell and can't be turned into scrap.

How can a bot even trade untradable items, not being sarcastic is that even possible?

Also @Aegean uncraftable items are harder to sell and can't be turned into scrap.[/Quote]

@Ms.Spooks Yes I understand that, which is why I said you can delete it if you truly have 0 use for it and don't want to bother trying to sell it.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

It's uncraftable. People won't buy it.

Then maybe ask if someone else on the server wants it? To be frank its rude coming to the forums complaining about a FREE item that you didn't want because you can't make money off of it, make someones day who actually wants it instead of being unappreciative. I'm sure there's plenty of people out there who would appreciate the items the bot gives away. And let's be honest here,we both know you wouldn't have crafted it even if it was craftable.

Then maybe ask if someone else on the server wants it? To be frank its rude coming to the forums complaining about a FREE item that you didn't want because you can't make money off of it, make someones day who actually wants it instead of being unappreciative. I'm sure there's plenty of people out there who would appreciate the items the bot gives away. And let's be honest here,we both know you wouldn't crafted it even if it was craftable,

Again man, you're not reading what I've said previously.

And I 100% would have used it on a pro killstreak fabricator.

Well then honestly I must be misunderstanding something here. You're main complaint was that people won't want to sign up on the forums just for some "junk item". Right? Who knows if they would or not really? Like I said I'm sure there ARE people that appreciate things like this, even if "it's not good to sell" or whatever, not everyone is a trader in this game, they might actually USE the weapon or whatever they might get from the bot.

And I 100% would have used it on a pro killstreak fabricator.

Another thing you could do if you don't want the item you can put it back into the bot and maybe someone else would want it. There are multiple ways to solve your problem and you aren't accepting any of them.

Just to summarize the thoughts of myself from the 6 pages so if anyone is reading can catch up and we don't repeat each other another few times.

• We will add an opt - out feature in some way so you don't need to get items at all if you don't want them.
  • They are free items, they should not be considered like our raffles but more in line with "an extra drop" that TF2 / CS:GO already gives you from playing servers, except the higher-ups will actively put in valuable items (TF2, CS:GO keys like we already have)
  • Not everyone has every yellow drop or 5 cent strange item, I know I personally wouldn't mind some if I played since I sold a bunch of stuff from my inventory in the past.
  • Any items you DO get are able to be retraded, scrapped, used, sold, or deleted upon your desire.
  • The bot is a work in progress, and I 100% disagree with people joining the forums for the giveaway bot, and thinking they will be mad at us since it's not a key, unusual or anything in between.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated as this is a discussion, the reason @Kypari got flack was not because he voiced something for a greater group of people, it's HOW he voiced it. He does not need to come off as an entitled jerk without trying to understand our reasoning behind what we are doing, or being condescending/rude to others because he plays TF2 to the point where low quality items no matter how free they are, are just annoying for him and the only things he wants if they are free, are if they are of value or can be sold.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated as this is a discussion, the reason @Kypari got flack was not because he voiced something for a greater group of people, it's HOW he voiced it. He does not need to come off as an entitled jerk without trying to understand our reasoning behind what we are doing, or being condescending/rude to others because he plays TF2 to the point where low quality items no matter how free they are, are just annoying for him and the only things he wants if they are free, are if they are of value or can be sold.

Man I really don't see how I voiced it badly. I feel like I got attacked personally but I don't mind it.

Just to summarize the thoughts of myself from the 6 pages so if anyone is reading can catch up and we don't repeat each other another few times.

• We will add an opt - out feature in some way so you don't need to get items at all if you don't want them.
  • They are free items, they should not be considered like our raffles but more in line with "an extra drop" that TF2 / CS:GO already gives you from playing servers, except the higher-ups will actively put in valuable items (TF2, CS:GO keys like we already have)
  • Not everyone has every yellow drop or 5 cent strange item, I know I personally wouldn't mind some if I played since I sold a bunch of stuff from my inventory in the past.
  • Any items you DO get are able to be retraded, scrapped, used, sold, or deleted upon your desire.
  • The bot is a work in progress, and I 100% disagree with people joining the forums for the giveaway bot, and thinking they will be mad at us since it's not a key, unusual or anything in between.

To be quite fair people shouldn't be mud slinging even if the initial posts came off as rude, it just breeds further animosity and arguing rather than calm discussion. Yes someone shouldn't be condescending and rude, but when others return fire or flack it just makes it get worse.

@Kypari

Worst part is

[xG:Giveaway] There is currently 7 linked players! The current tier is [Cool]. Invite your friends to raise the tier for better items!

There is currently 7 linked players! The current tier is [Cool].

There is currently 7 linked players!

There is currently 7

is

LITERALLY THE WORST PLUGIN EVER.

Yet another dumb giveaway.

For those that don't understand, this shit is basically as worthless as a crate since it's uncraftable. I'm not joking when I say I'd rather have a crate.[/Quote]

It's not even worth winning anything at this point. That's the problem. Why should I bother signing up for the forums to enter a giveaway where you win crap? [/Quote]

I know you probably don't understand since as far as I know you don't play a lot of TF2, but uncraftable specialized killstreak weapons are dogshit and as worthless as a crate. Why would anyone be interested in joining the forums over a giveaway where all you win is something as bad as this?[/Quote]