Kypari

Regarding the new giveaway plugin

What should we do about the new giveaway plugin?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do about the new giveaway plugin?

• Remove it.
    • Change it to hub credits.
    • Keep it.

The new giveaway plugin is a mess. Firstly, sometimes the giveaway happens multiple times when there aren't enough people registered on the forums. Secondly, all we end up winning really are just crates and random crap as such.

ai.imgur.com_pypNm8r.thumb.jpg.1ec6a3a9279b3c859149e1c370768383.jpg

Steam Community Market :: Listings for Mann Co. Supply Munition Series #91

It's literally worth 1p.

Another thing is that it's incredibly unlikely that people are even going to donate in the first place since they're not getting anything good out of it, and I don't mean a silly badge or something.

There have been multiple complaints on the servers, so I propose 3 ideas:

1. Remove the plugin entirely.
  2. Change it to hub credits per hour
  3. Keep it

I personally like the concept but believe it was executed poorly, so I would like to see it turned into hub credits instead so we don't get a crate every hour.

@virr @Sesh @Vexx @Rhododendron @Bello @mrnutty12

I will disable low price items from being donated so non-crate items will be given away. Maybe have the starting tier be at a minimum of $0.60?

1 ref is probably good, which is like .06 usd

Honestly I don't want to be the hater but this might work better in Cs:go. Only recently did tf2 start making items marketable, so a large amount of stuff we could give away (Craft hats, metal, any misc from before they had misc crates) just won't get accepted since it's not marketable. Cs:Go has been using marketable skins for years and barely has any items that can't be bought and sold on the market. While the tf2 marketable stuff is so much harder to come by, and low tier marketables are basically limited to new players who invest in tf2 updates the last two years (hue) and strange weapons. Basically, there are far more low tier csgo items than tf2 items that would qualify, and since csgo is a paid game and tf2 isn't, giving cheap skins to tf2 players is meh to me.

Otherwise it's really just finding cheap tf2 gun skins on the market just to donate, tl;dr tf2 has less than half the available marketables to donate, and the ones it does have, are not commonly laying around like csgo drops.

I honestly fully agree with what Kypari had to say, it would probably be better if it was credits and not tf2 items. It's actually become a joke, just seeing people win those nice 3 cent crates.

Worst part is

[xG:Giveaway] There is currently 7 linked players! The current tier is [Cool]. Invite your friends to raise the tier for better items!

There is currently 7 linked players! The current tier is [Cool].

There is currently 7 linked players!

There is currently 7

is

LITERALLY THE WORST PLUGIN EVER.

This was just poorly executed. Needed more time before being put out to the servers. It caused crashes and still spams chat from what I've seen. Noone is going to donate something worth while and the people that might have good odds of getting the same item back. I just don't beleive an item giveaway bot is the best idea, but that's just my opinion. It attracts the wrong kind of people to stick around (afk farmers and whatnot.) I just don't understand the appeal of it in the first place. Despite my opinion though it needs refining really bad becuase it is still functionally flawed unfortunately.

ai.imgur.com_1P4qKw8.png.326b5ce56563df047623b4957f27839f.png Yet another dumb giveaway.

For those that don't understand, this shit is basically as worthless as a crate since it's uncraftable. I'm not joking when I say I'd rather have a crate.

It would have been cool to win a specialized killstreak kit but an uncraftable already used specialized killstreak backburner? Honestly, what a joke. This bot is literally just something for people to donate random junk that they really don't want, not a super fun giveaway bot.

[attach=full]30831[/attach] Yet another dumb giveaway.

For those that don't understand, this shit is basically as worthless as a crate since it's uncraftable. I'm not joking when I say I'd rather have a crate.

It would have been cool to win a specialized killstreak kit but an uncraftable already used specialized killstreak backburner? Honestly, what a joke. This bot is literally just something for people to donate random junk that they really don't want, not a super fun giveaway bot.

Not to sound like a super asshole here but if people want to donate stuff thats awesome. It shouldn't matter on the value of the item. Someone wanted to give it to the bot to give to someone else. While giving crates is not cool just be happy with you get. Like I said it isn't on the value of the item, its the thought that counts. You are really the only person that is pissed the bot exists.

Not to sound like a super asshole here but if people want to donate stuff thats awesome. It shouldn't matter on the value of the item. Someone wanted to give it to the bot to give to someone else. While giving crates is not cool just be happy with you get. Like I said it isn't on the value of the item, its the thought that counts. You are really the only person that is pissed the bot exists.

Um...I don't think you know what you're talking about, no offense. Nearly every single person I'm in a discord with is against it. That's at least 15 people, and that doesn't include the masses of people I meet on the server that's against it.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Um...I don't think you know what you're talking about, no offense. Nearly every single person I'm in a discord with is against it. That's at least 15 people, and that doesn't include the masses of people I meet on the server that's against it.

Honestly at the end of the day this is probably the most first world thread I have ever seen. People complaining that the virtual items they are receiving for free aren't worth enough. My god.

It’s not dumb giveaways, you are getting something for free. Period.

I don’t see why you get so shook about it. be it a crate or a weapon. Free is Free, be happy with that.

You know the bot does need work, but it's honestly hurtful people saying to scrap it all together. As it was coded, it gives out better items the more linked players are on and if you think I should just wait until more players are on so I can feel justified doing a giveaway for items that some people want, I'm ok with that. I could even code in something where it asks you if you rather get credits instead of the item upon winning and you can choose from there. But I honestly don't understand why people are against something that does not really change any aspect of the game.

You know the bot does need work, but it's honestly hurtful people saying to scrap it all together. As it was coded, it gives out better items the more linked players are on and if you think I should just wait until more players are on so I can feel justified doing a giveaway for items that some people want, I'm ok with that. I could even code in something where it asks you if you rather get credits instead of the item upon winning and you can choose from there. But I honestly don't understand why people are against something that does not really change any aspect of the game.

Yeah I think to appease to the rest of the crowed who don't want the item given to them for free, there maybe could be an option to take credits. If there is a thread where people don't want free shit from donations is pretty sad, but it'll be better to have an option for credits in the long run.