Kypari

Regarding the new giveaway plugin

What should we do about the new giveaway plugin?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do about the new giveaway plugin?

• Remove it.
    • Change it to hub credits.
    • Keep it.

Most of us understand you put a lot of effort into it, but in its current state it just floods chat. It still has some bugs to be worked out. I don't even mind the whole free item bit. I can just see it being an issue of afk farming and regulating item names and whatnot. On top of that imo most people are going to use it as a glorified garbage bin for their junk. It does affect players by having to talk over the servers normal spam and now this bot. Specially since staff have to give an in chat warning which will be buried atm. We appreciate the thought but like I said it needed more time before being released.

Afk farming will not be an issue, we already have an auto afk kick on the servers.

Most of us understand you put a lot of effort into it, but in its current state it just floods chat. It still has some bugs to be worked out. I don't even mind the whole free item bit. I can just see it being an issue of afk farming and regulating item names and whatnot. On top of that imo most people are going to use it as a glorified garbage bin for their junk. It does affect players by having to talk over the servers normal spam and now this bot. Specially since staff have to give an in chat warning which will be buried atm. We appreciate the thought but like I said it needed more time before being released.

It ignores AFK people and you can't participate in the giveaway for one hour after winning so farming shouldn't be an issue but I can always make it more strict.

I can understand not wanting crates and such, but like people have said, it's not like you're paying anything to get these items, its literally just for playing on the server, I guess no one can be pleased these days lol. And if its an uncraftable spec ks then maybe USE it like it's meant to be instead of instantly trying to flip a profit, eh? Oh well, I like the idea personally of the plugin.

It is literally worthless though since backburner is next to useless and I can't use it in crafting.

And allow me to demonstrate what you sound like right now.

"MOM I DONT WANT A SWITCH! ALL MY FRIENDS GOT THE XBOX ONE X! I HATE YOU!"

How is it like that at all? I don't think you're reading my messages properly.

It is literally worthless though since backburner is next to useless and I can't use it in crafting.

Well like @Caleb956 said you are trying to make a profit off of donations and complain when you don't get what you want. I know I act childish sometimes but that is ridiculous and selfish.

Getting free items from the bot is literally like getting a regular drop from the game itself. You shouldn't have to be upset because you weren't able to profit at least 1 scrap from it. It's free items for gods sake, if you don't like it there's an in-game option where you right click the item in your backpack and delete it. NOT that hard

Sigh. Once again I'm the person who voices it despite so much confusion on the servers and in discord servers and I get bashed down for it.

Firstly, why would I have a mental breakdown other this? I'm just annoyed because this is a pretty neat idea which isn't executed well. Obviously it deserves credit but it's still frustrating.

Secondly, I can't craft it since it's uncraftable, otherwise I'd be OK with the prize. I know you probably don't understand since as far as I know you don't play a lot of TF2, but uncraftable specialized killstreak weapons are dogshit and as worthless as a crate. Why would anyone be interested in joining the forums over a giveaway where all you win is something as bad as this?

I have close to 500 hours of TF2 lol, I know exactly what uncraftable means. The whole point of the bot as well is a nice gesture for playing on our servers and being connected to our forums, you can get better items, it's not limited to the bottom of the barrel stuff. We have put 10 TF2 keys and 5 CS:GO keys on the bot, and will constantly be adding things onto it. Yes every hour we don't give a key away or an unusual, but that doesn't mean it's not appreciated by others. As mentioned earlier, the bot will get worked on.

I also understand you don't like free things unless they are worth something, but you can think of this exactly as an extra "drop" that TF2 or CS:GO already gives you just from playing the game, except you get more opportunities for them just from playing in our servers. You don't lose out on anything for wininng these items, and once again, you can do whatever you like with them including deleting them from your inventory if they bother you so much.

I could just go out and buy something like this right now because I have the in-game money so it's not that big of a deal that I won something like this and I'm annoyed I didn't get something worth it, but doesn't it defeat the purpose of trying to attract people to the forums if you're shooting yourself in the foot with items like this?

Legit no idea what you're even trying to say here, they have a chance to earn something good from the bot by chance, if not it's something they can use / giveaway / discard. In minecraft we give keys that have a chance to give you something really good, or crap such as dirt. How is this any different? We aren't charging people, it's a free extra item for their inventory. Not everyone is entitled dude.

Usually when I find an item that I won't use, I either sell it or delete it. Any sensible person would simply sell an item like this, and you're wrong by saying it's worthless. As of looking up a Specialized Killstreak Backburner on the SCM right now, here are the sell prices:

ai.imgur.com_LRVeoTr.thumb.png.09c1eb92f330d30e5dfdcc364e949edc.png

It's worth half a key at the least, a lot more than a scrap.

You're going way too far, dude. Making instigative comments like these is gonna cause an actual shitstorm.

Please calm down, this doesn't only go for TBOHB, but your posts were outstandingly mocking and provocative.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

There should just be some sort of opt-out option for people who don't want to see the messages or take part in it if at all possible.

Also, I want to just throw out there that people should relax a bit, some posts feel a little heated or spiteful and that's no good.

I don't feel like reading 3+ pages of arguments, but even marketplace.tf has problems with people just dumping a ton of their trash-tier items on them, as they don't have enough space. If we could implement some kind of restriction on items below 30 cents or so, you might have better results and less headaches.

Ok this was a little too far on my end and I apologize, but you get the point I'm trying to make here.

I have close to 500 hours of TF2 lol, I know exactly what uncraftable means. The whole point of the bot as well is a nice gesture for playing on our servers and being connected to our forums, you can get better items, it's not limited to the bottom of the barrel stuff. We have put 10 TF2 keys and 5 CS:GO keys on the bot, and will constantly be adding things onto it. Yes every hour we don't give a key away or an unusual, but that doesn't mean it's not appreciated by others. As mentioned earlier, the bot will get worked on.

I also understand you don't like free things unless they are worth something, but you can think of this exactly as an extra "drop" that TF2 or CS:GO already gives you just from playing the game, except you get more opportunities for them just from playing in our servers. You don't lose out on anything for wininng these items, and once again, you can do whatever you like with them including deleting them from your inventory if they bother you so much.

Legit no idea what you're even trying to say here, they have a chance to earn something good from the bot by chance, if not it's something they can use / giveaway / discard. In minecraft we give keys that have a chance to give you something really good, or crap such as dirt. How is this any different? We aren't charging people, it's a free extra item for their inventory. Not everyone is entitled dude.

What I'm trying to say is that I don't care about the item. It's other people that care about what they get by signing up on the forums.

Usually when I find an item that I won't use, I either sell it or delete it. Any sensible person would simply sell an item like this, and you're wrong by saying it's worthless. As of looking up a Specialized Killstreak Backburner on the SCM right now, here are the sell prices:

[attach=full]30854[/attach]

It's worth half a key at the least, a lot more than a scrap.

It's uncraftable. People won't buy it.

ai.imgur.com_fOUaozL.png.8e2c3b02ef8b776cfb9204e7b8a15eec.png

@Goblins managed to put it in words for me so he's officially my dad