Kypari

Regarding the new giveaway plugin

What should we do about the new giveaway plugin?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do about the new giveaway plugin?

• Remove it.
    • Change it to hub credits.
    • Keep it.

If you want to get down to it, the point of the bot is to encourage users to get on the forum. The free stuff is just a bonus.

That was the whole reason behind it lol, and I'm just confused why people are so angry about it.

Honestly at the end of the day this is probably the most first world thread I have ever seen. People complaining that the virtual items they are receiving for free aren't worth enough. My god.

It's not even worth winning anything at this point. That's the problem. Why should I bother signing up for the forums to enter a giveaway where you win crap?

I honestly don't mind about winning this item in the first place since I would have just given it away in the first place since I have no use for it at all.

it's honestly hurtful people saying to scrap it all together.

Apologies if I'm coming off that way. I like the idea but I feel it was executed without as much in depth thought as it needed. I still believe that it should give out hub credits instead, which makes the suggestion you added a definitive idea.

Apparently also this plugin was just added randomly with no one else discussing it, same with the BHOP plugin on the trade servers.

It's not even worth winning anything at this point. That's the problem. Why should I bother signing up for the forums to enter a giveaway where you win crap?

I honestly don't mind about winning this item in the first place

? Look its not about it being crap. People who DONATE want it to MEAN SOMETHING and not someone to get it and act like an 8 year old for getting a playstation where they wantedthe country of Kenya

@Kypari I really don't know what your issue is lol, you're getting an extra drop from the bot that someone else didn't want for absolutely free just for being on the server, why are you having such a mental breakdown? You can literally scrap the items if you don't want them or delete them from your inventory or just don't accept them, like am I reading your posts right?

The bot is a work in progress, we are not outright removing it as @Rhododendron has spent a lot of time coding it from scratch, and we are happy to take feedback to help improve it. That being said, your rage towards us taking people's items that they don't want, and redistributing it back to our community instead of profiting off of it is very odd.

Honestly at the end of the day this is probably the most first world thread I have ever seen.[/Quote]
Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Maybe @Rhododendron can add an opt-out feature to where you don’t get a message about it in chat and won’t be chosen as a possible winner.

That way those who are content and grateful about it can be happy with it.

Maybe @Rhododendron can add an opt-out feature to where you don’t get a message about it in chat and won’t be chosen as a possible winner.

That way those who are content and grateful about it can be happy with it.

I believe adding an opt-out feature is what we were discussing earlier, or to have it auto opt-out and you can opt-in if you'd like. One or the other.

I personally don't mind the giveaway plugin, as long as it works properly. I did have to initially remove it from TGH the night it was added because it was causing the server to constantly crash, but the plugin was soon fixed afterwards. As long as the plugin continues to be developed and worked on, I really see no problem. One option I do hope to see though, is an option to disable the messages from the giveaways/choose to opt out, as I am an individual who does not need nor want any free items or credits and would like someone else to have them. I do know an option like this was discussed so hopefully we can see that soon. Though in the future, please use the testing server we have for testing new versions of said plugin before putting it on one of our populated servers, we have plenty of staff who would gladly help test it.

I believe adding an opt-out feature is what we were discussing earlier, or to have it auto opt-out and you can opt-in if you'd like. One or the other.

The code is there currently for disabling the sounds and I'm gonna add another option for messages (except final one) and one option for complete opt out where you won't be chosen or bothered.

@Kypari I really don't know what your issue is lol, you're getting an extra drop from the bot that someone else didn't want for absolutely free just for being on the server, why are you having such a mental breakdown? You can literally scrap the items if you don't want them or delete them from your inventory or just don't accept them, like am I reading your posts right?

The bot is a work in progress, we are not outright removing it as @Rhododendron has spent a lot of time coding it from scratch, and we are happy to take feedback to help improve it. That being said, your rage towards us taking people's items that they don't want, and redistributing it back to our community instead of profiting off of it is very odd.

Sigh. Once again I'm the person who voices it despite so much confusion on the servers and in discord servers and I get bashed down for it.

Firstly, why would I have a mental breakdown other this? I'm just annoyed because this is a pretty neat idea which isn't executed well. Obviously it deserves credit but it's still frustrating.

Secondly, I can't craft it since it's uncraftable, otherwise I'd be OK with the prize. I know you probably don't understand since as far as I know you don't play a lot of TF2, but uncraftable specialized killstreak weapons are dogshit and as worthless as a crate. Why would anyone be interested in joining the forums over a giveaway where all you win is something as bad as this?

That's the main issue here. People are interested in winning things that are cool and worth winning, even if it's something like a hat in game or as much as an unusual (which is like a knife), not something like this. We won't gain much from winning items such as this. I could just go out and buy something like this right now because I have the in-game money so it's not that big of a deal that I won something like this and I'm annoyed I didn't get something worth it, but doesn't it defeat the purpose of trying to attract people to the forums if you're shooting yourself in the foot with items like this?

Sigh. Once again I'm the person who voices it despite so much confusion on the servers and in discord servers and I get bashed down for it.

Firstly, why would I have a mental breakdown other this? I'm just annoyed because this is a pretty neat idea which isn't executed well. Obviously it deserves credit but it's still frustrating.

Secondly, I can't craft it since it's uncraftable, otherwise I'd be OK with the prize. I know you probably don't understand since as far as I know you don't play a lot of TF2, but uncraftable specialized killstreak weapons are dogshit and as worthless as a crate. Why would anyone be interested in joining the forums over a giveaway where all you win is something as bad as this?

That's the main issue here. People are interested in winning things that are cool and worth winning, even if it's something like a hat in game or as much as an unusual (which is like a knife), not something like this. We won't gain much from winning items such as this. I could just go out and buy something like this right now because I have the in-game money so it's not that big of a deal that I won something like this and I'm annoyed I didn't get something worth it, but doesn't it defeat the purpose of trying to attract people to the forums if you're shooting yourself in the foot with items like this?

You are missing the point here. You are complaining about not making a profit off a donation bot. You are honestly sounding like an asshole. People gave these items to be gifted and you are calling them "dogshit" and "worthless"

You are missing the point here. You are complaining about not making a profit off a donation bot. You are honestly sounding like an asshole. People gave these items to be gifted and you are calling them "dogshit" and "worthless"

Plus, once again, the more players linked = higher tier items. Cheap items do not have to be an absolute.

And allow me to demonstrate what you sound like right now.

"MOM I DONT WANT A SWITCH! ALL MY FRIENDS GOT THE XBOX ONE X! I HATE YOU!"

I can understand not wanting crates and such, but like people have said, it's not like you're paying anything to get these items, its literally just for playing on the server, I guess no one can be pleased these days lol. And if its an uncraftable spec ks then maybe USE it like it's meant to be instead of instantly trying to flip a profit, eh? Oh well, I like the idea personally of the plugin.

You know the bot does need work, but it's honestly hurtful people saying to scrap it all together. As it was coded, it gives out better items the more linked players are on and if you think I should just wait until more players are on so I can feel justified doing a giveaway for items that some people want, I'm ok with that. I could even code in something where it asks you if you rather get credits instead of the item upon winning and you can choose from there. But I honestly don't understand why people are against something that does not really change any aspect of the game.

Most of us understand you put a lot of effort into it, but in its current state it just floods chat. It still has some bugs to be worked out. I don't even mind the whole free item bit. I can just see it being an issue of afk farming and regulating item names and whatnot. On top of that imo most people are going to use it as a glorified garbage bin for their junk. It does affect players by having to talk over the servers normal spam and now this bot. Specially since staff have to give an in chat warning which will be buried atm. We appreciate the thought but like I said it needed more time before being released.