Aegean

New Map For xG, need opinions!

As someone who has spent a HUGE amount of time playing on various trade maps, I only have one request. A metric ton of Minigames.

Stuff to do, fun little secrets, maybe even unlock-able areas that open to even more Minigames. Like, a Minigame to unlock Minigames.

Music room would be good too, but for those who are annoyed by it, just make it an ambient_generic with a radius rather than play everywhere. This way, the music plays in the music area while all the other areas of the map can have their own music.

Minigames sounds good. Something akin to Neonheights?

driftveil city's pretty basic and linear,

[attach=full]32271[/attach]

you could also combine it with route 6 to the west if it looks a little too small

[attach=full]32274[/attach]

You know, looking at this, it my be one of the better options. Not too linear, has lots of potential for secrets...I like it.

The one major aspect of the map I want to see is, if there even is a music room, PLEASE design it similarly to the way the first cyberpunk (hallway one) works in that it can be optionally turned off in settings, as in the TF2 music option. The regular music rooms are agreed amongst poketrade regulars as a plague, as there are constantly people playing songs and you can only turn the current song off using snd_restart, which lags your game.

The one major aspect of the map I want to see is, if there even is a music room, PLEASE design it similarly to the way the first cyberpunk (hallway one) works in that it can be optionally turned off in settings, as in the TF2 music option. The regular music rooms are agreed amongst poketrade regulars as a plague, as there are constantly people playing songs and you can only turn the current song off using snd_restart, which lags your game.

But make it so that you can't spam the songs and change them midway (y)

Since there's such a divide about music rooms, I'm thinking that it may be best to just not include one at all. I'm not really keen on them either.

No music room that’s a no no..

You know, looking at this, it my be one of the better options. Not too linear, has lots of potential for secrets...I like it.

But make it so that you can't spam the songs and change them midway (y)

Use good music lmao, we should have a music thread.

Obviously it needs to have fucking "sand", but other than that do we think it should have actual music or pokemon music?

(sand should be in a secret fucking spot seperate from the other music and have like a half-hour wait time before you can play it again.)

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Minigames sounds good. Something akin to Neonheights?

good example, neonheights always had map interaction which still makes it a really favorable map in the sense that there's a lot of neat little things you can explore on it. the inclusions of interactions and minigames ups the longevity and quality of the map from small obstacle courses to buttons that reveal secrets. Easter eggs aren't a bad idea in itself ;)

A metric ton of Minigames.

Stuff to do, fun little secrets, maybe even unlock-able areas that open to even more Minigames. Like, a Minigame to unlock Minigames.

Music room would be good too, but for those who are annoyed by it, just make it an ambient_generic with a radius rather than play everywhere. This way, the music plays in the music area while all the other areas of the map can have their own music.

this.

:hail::hail::hail::hail:

Alright, so some people feel really strongly about having a music room, and some feel really strongly about NOT having one. I think the best course of action would be to have a type of party room with music, however, the music will only be able to heard when inside that room. For the sake of a challenge, perhaps said room should be put at the end of some type of maze or obstacle course.

driftveil city's pretty basic and linear,

[ATTACH=full]32271[/ATTACH]

you could also combine it with route 6 to the west if it looks a little too small

[ATTACH=full]32274[/ATTACH]

Literally the only good town brought up tbh

Also sorry to you children who want "sand" to be part of the music room, but it is literally the most retarded idea to add that to a server where there are pretty much only 3-4 unique maps. It's the most obnoxious song one could ever think of, even more so than the Minecraft parodies that are going around these days.

The music should actually be from Pokemon itself, not just some random shit thrown together. A bunch of music was posted in a thread a while back when Sylux was asking for it. The majority of the good music was posted by @bagel so look at those posts more than the others.

[pkmn] Map Progression + Suggestions | Xeno Gamers

Just gonna tag @Sylux so he can give a little bit of input if he still looks at the forums.

Edited by Tatost (see edit history)

Literally the only good town brought up tbh

Also sorry to you children who want "sand" to be part of the music room, but it is literally the most retarded idea to add that to a server where there are pretty much only 3-4 unique maps. It's the most obnoxious song one could ever think of, even more so than the Minecraft parodies that are going around these days.

The music should actually be from Pokemon itself, not just some random shit thrown together. A bunch of music was posted in a thread a while back when Sylux was asking for it. The majority of the good music was posted by @bagel so look at those posts more than the others.

[pkmn] Map Progression + Suggestions | Xeno Gamers

Just gonna tag @Sylux so he can give a little bit of input if he still looks at the forums.

Blasphemy, who doesn't love 'sand'?! I can already hear the "doo doo, doo doo, doooo doooo doot doot doot" in my head.

kill the infidel!

Also as a side note I have never been in favor of just plain old forced music. I even mentioned in one of my posts that only people near the music room should hear it.

"sand" definitely needs to be a secret somewhere though.