MuffinMonster

Bug Reports/Suggestion Thread

In the map the first trap opens the floor and people fall in, but the thing is, it doesn't kill you and instead the death is suppose to kill you, which it's easy to kill the death actually since multiple people can fall in

the only thing that can really happen so it doesnt affect other maps is if someone went in hammer and made it so you die down there and closed up the gap in the blues area

@Bone is the only person i can think of that is willing to do that

I can do it after I get home from work, sure. Only 2 issues though.

1: Any custom sounds or textures decide to break when I decompile/recompile the map.

2: Whether or not I have permission to edit it. Which I honestly don't think will be a problem, unless the original map maker joins the server and is like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xs9voohrkU

Question is, how do we want this to work? Do we want players to start taking damage until they die 30-60 seconds after falling in if Death doesn't go kill them? Or do they just straight up die when they hit the bottom of the pit and I patch the hole that leads to the stairwell?

Question is, how do we want this to work? Do we want players to start taking damage until they die 30-60 seconds after falling in if Death doesn't go kill them? Or do they just straight up die when they hit the bottom of the pit and I patch the hole that leads to the stairwell?

hm I'd say instant since if it's 30-60 seconds then a whole team could just go in there and tell him to come fight them fast or he's delaying, so instant seems better imo, also is there anyway in stopping the whole survive the motivator thing since the death still faces the problem of red team just waiting there until panis come and going to kill him.

This is mainly a suggestion for deathrun and the vsh_dr_office_v2 map since what happens a lot there is just a whole bunch of delaying which comes from how you can kill the death so easily without any real consequences. In the map the first trap opens the floor and people fall in, but the thing is, it doesn't kill you and instead the death is suppose to kill you, which it's easy to kill the death actually since multiple people can fall in and what happens a lot as shown in the pic is that half the server will just go into this trap and wait for the death to come and then it ends up with them just waiting for the people up top to die and for the death finally decide to come in which ends up with a lot of delaying on blues side too, and they do this since they know that they'll win almost always. Which is why I'm pretty sure that in the original, the death was hale to avoid this so you would actually have a reason to not go in that trap and play the actual map. Also this pops up again later with people delaying since they can avoid panis (which is annoying when no staff is on to stop this)when he comes and just go fight the death which both causes office rounds to last a lot longer than other maps for no good reason. So I was wondering if there was anyway for you all to make it so the death has a fair advantage like making him hale for that map or something to give people a reason to actually play the map and not just go in the first trap and wait forever, but I wouldn't like give the death god mode or something since they need to still die to the ending stuff like humiliation.

Darn you got a picture of me facing the wall ;-; XD

Anyway, I don't know if we could actually edit that. I mean if anything we should make it so people can't wait for painus cupcake to pass to get into the killer zone.... that takes wayyyyy too long. I'd prefer that over the pit change for now.

is there anyway in stopping the whole survive the motivator thing since the death still faces the problem of red team just waiting there until panis come and going to kill him.

I mean if anything we should make it so people can't wait for painus cupcake to pass to get into the killer zone.... that takes wayyyyy too long. I'd prefer that over the pit change for now.

Even though it's an "Easter egg" and some people might be upset to lose it, I could change it. I could just increase it's hitbox or change his path to run directly into the players hiding on top of the locker thing.

Even though it's an "Easter egg" and some people might be upset to lose it, I could change it. I could just increase it's hitbox or change his path to run directly into the players hiding on top of the locker thing.

That could work

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

yeh I'd say increase the hitbox to cover it so people don't decide to just stop mid round and wait for him like they do now and instead have a real reason to play

Seems the new rainbowme command is causing the surf server to crash as soon as it is turned on. I'm not 100% on it at the moment, but just had it occur twice.

So, I tried it on an empty server and it didn't crash.

Then I tried it on surf and it did crash. @Vexx I'll temporary disable it for now (on surf only). I'll try to look into it tomorrow when the server is empty.

It was also added twice: Once in /tf/addons/sourcemod/plugins/ and once in /tf/addons/sourcemod/plugins/donatorsystem. Not sure if that is what caused it though.

fixed

@Thunder @Krampus and @Yung_Plague @anyonewhocanaddmapstoservers The map edit is finished. Painis now kills people on the locker/trying to hide, and the first trap kills. Didn't know where else to put this so here: vsh_dr_office_v2_x

Ayee thicc, and also @Thunder Hurry up and use your special probationary mod powers to update that shit on the server to end the delay forever

In Saxton Hale, there's a bug at random times that a player will go invisible, and you can't attack them well because you can't see them lol.

Are you talking about Players being invisible or the Boss being invisible? If it's the Boss, then it's a client-side issue

Are you talking about Players being invisible or the Boss being invisible? If it's the Boss, then it's a client-side issue

It's both sides, because I played with Giraffes and I couldn't see him at all.

It's both sides, because I played with Giraffes and I couldn't see him at all.

type "record fix;stop" in console, that should help. If that doesn't work, make sure you're running TF2 in dx9 if that helps.