Sylux

[tf2] Goldenrod City Map Feedback[halp Pls]

Feedback responses:  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Feedback responses:

• Add moving pokemon entities
    • Don't add moving pokemon entities u scrub

I've been adding a few tweaks into the golden rod city map as some of you know to make it less of a clusterfuck(at times) I would love some feedback before I submit it for potential testing on the server. *I will do this with ecureak when it's more stable (scumbag editing each tree hit box ;_:)* IF YOU HAVE ANY FEEDBACK PLEASE POST BELOW/MESSAGE ME ON HERE OR STEAM TYXOX

Custom moving entity pokemon

Basically in some areas(that are rarely ever walked in) have some entity models of pokemon which move in set paths, which can be destroyed from (~400 dmg) and will take 7 minutes to respawn, I just basically want opinions on this as maybe it was just a moment of madness/witchcraft by me.

agyazo.com_1246b831faef92a205b46b233999bd10.png.931df71f4433f68f311568a84c41953f.png

Building restrictions

In each spawn I enabled teleporter entrances to be created, this could provide the option for some players to get out of spawn traps etc ~~~ still tiny implement that could be changed in a minute.

Music

So far i have changed many of the songs which are mainly from PokeRemixStudio - YouTube most of these are remixes from original pkmn songs, again If anyone wants to post a song to be added i will add those songs into it(as long as it's relevant).

TLDR; Feel free to post feedback for a potential update to goldenrod city.

**These updates are tiny the models are a roughly 2mb all together with paktak**

In each spawn I enabled teleporter entrances to be created, this could provide the option for some players to get out of spawn traps etc ~~~ still tiny implement that could be changed in a minute.

Can't spys use teleporters?

Basically in some areas(that are rarely ever walked in) have some entity models of pokemon which move in set paths, which can be destroyed from (~400 dmg) and will take 7 minutes to respawn, I just basically want opinions on this as maybe it was just a moment of madness/witchcraft by me.

I know it probably took a lot of work, but I think people won't mind them too much if they cannot collide with them. Nobody likes to be held up by running into another player, let alone a dynamic part of the map :)

Oh just read it's in areas not really used by players. Still think you shouldn't be able to collide with it.

So far i have changed many of the songs which are mainly from PokeRemixStudio - YouTube most of these are remixes from original pkmn songs, again If anyone wants to post a song to be added i will add those songs into it(as long as it's relevant).

That's good. I had to use an entity filter to strip out lavender town from the map. People were just complaining too much about it, and it's not really a pleasant song to listen too haha!

Also a request. The building places with the alley ways, some you can walk through and others you can't. Would you feel it would ruin the experience if you widened some of them for consistency sake?

Just my opinions!

If possible can you restrict the construction of buildings in areas where door teleports you into an area and not just opens up. This will eliminate 60% of the rules broken no pokemon (body blocking with buildings.) If not then oh well, i like the other stuff implemented from reading it, especially teleporters in spawn.

You could redo Goldenrod entirely. That was going to be my Christmas present to xG back in December - it isn't difficult, most of the brushwork could be done in mere hours; textures can be time consuming for the right stretch to scale ratio.

You have the talent and resources, it is something you should consider.

As for those trees on Ecruteak, just disable their collision by mass selection and wrap a clip-textured brush around large sections or whatever you wish to do.

Even though I found out the override and can use TF2 again, you take the torch. Best regards.

You could redo Goldenrod entirely. That was going to be my Christmas present to xG back in December - it isn't difficult, most of the brushwork could be done in mere hours; textures can be time consuming for the right stretch to scale ratio.

You have the talent and resources, it is something you should consider.

As for those trees on Ecruteak, just disable their collision by mass selection and wrap a clip-textured brush around large sections or whatever you wish to do.

Even though I found out the override and can use TF2 again, you take the torch. Best regards.

Yeah decomp is my main rival atm haha. Thanks for the great tips!