Warriorsfury

Sos

So even after contacting respective companies it still seems to be happening.

Going to put the information up here, but will post screenshots and copy-pastes below.

This has been going on for months. Some Russians trying to hack either my Steam, EA, or Yahoo Mail account.

My passwords are so fucking complex I keep them in a file and would need to go to that file each time if I ever needed to put in my password. But time and time again, I get the same email. Asking for a steam security code.

I've scanned my computer with Avast, MalwareBytes, CCleaner, and SpyBot - S&D Start Center. Nothing.

Haven't been to any sketchy sites, downloaded anything sketchy, as i'm not fucking dumb. Yet this all still happens.

Any ideas on what else I can do? I have two-factor authentication, it doesn't SEEM like they're getting into my account (nothing is changed), but the mere fact that i'm getting this email tells me that they figured out my password. (Unless i'm wrong). Is it time to reformat my hard drives and all?

Passwords (I obviously changed them by the time you see this.):

me76tL:>@#*^Fkjdhwad*^&@L:L*)F:"|@!#>R876fdBQWQ*%whdq - Steam

llkjwa867a9A()A*WFY9hfaklnfW&A5][DAW:'dawd.wdmaw8D^AWD(8hdal12 - Yahoo

I just don't understand...

aimage.prntscr.com_image_d5f6c796f0ae4625a117113e42f4b54c.thumb.png.a2b8db35c91b6e003e6d3af7561087a8.png

aimage.prntscr.com_image_72bfb620f0a844fb951e9151f41d4b31.png.4515dbc66df4bb5394bbe8de6d0b3b7c.png

Edited by Warriorsfury (see edit history)

My passwords are so fricking complex I keep them in a file and would need to go to that file each time if I ever needed to put in my password.

Wonder why someone keeps getting your password

TL;DR

If you have complex passwords and cant remember them, use a password manager.

LastPass | Password Manager, Auto Form Filler, Random Password Generator & Secure Digital Wallet App - A web-based password manager that allows you to sort through websites online.

Best Password Manager & Secure Digital Wallet | Dashlane - This also works, except this one goes onto your machine. Same purpose.

Also run some virus scans using malware bytes. Change your password for steam, and look through your task manager for suspicious activities running in the background.

This is assuming you don't already use them. And just having a password'd .zip or .txt file doesn't make it secure in the slightest. You could literally run JohnTheRipper password cracker on it and get it easily.

Good luck, fuck the commies.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Weird long complex random strings of characters are no harder then just a couple random long words, and having your passwords in a file is really counter productive as far as safety goes. Try changing your password to like #cheesehammockoliveoil42069 and just remember it.

(Or at least, they're both so hard to crack by bruteforce that it's effectively impossible)

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

So even after contacting respective companies it still seems to be happening.

Going to put the information up here, but will post screenshots and copy-pastes below.

This has been going on for months. Some Russians trying to hack either my Steam, EA, or Yahoo Mail account.

My passwords are so fricking complex I keep them in a file and would need to go to that file each time if I ever needed to put in my password. But time and time again, I get the same email. Asking for a steam security code.

I've scanned my computer with Avast, MalwareBytes, CCleaner, and SpyBot - S&D Start Center. Nothing.

Haven't been to any sketchy sites, downloaded anything sketchy, as i'm not fricking dumb. Yet this all still happens.

Any ideas on what else I can do? I have two-factor authentication, it doesn't SEEM like they're getting into my account (nothing is changed), but the mere fact that i'm getting this email tells me that they figured out my password. (Unless i'm wrong). Is it time to reformat my hard drives and all?

Passwords (I obviously changed them by the time you see this.):

me76tL:>@#*^Fkjdhwad*^&@L:L*)F:"|@!#>R876fdBQWQ*%whdq - Steam

llkjwa867a9A()A*WFY9hfaklnfW&A5][DAW:'dawd.wdmaw8D^AWD(8hdal12 - Yahoo

I just don't understand...

[ATTACH=full]25032[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]25035[/ATTACH]

Use Steam Mobile Authenticator instead... Much safer. It does not have to be installed in a phone

Your Yahoo password has a LOT of AWSD right near each other (not in specific order)

Stats for your Old Yahoo Password

Password properties

Property Value Comment

Password length: 62 OK

Numbers: 10 USED

Letters: 41 USED

Uppercase Letters: 14 USED

Lowercase Letters: 27 USED

Symbols 11 USED

Charset size 94 HIGH (a-z, 0-9, A-Z, symbols)

TOP 10000 password NO Password is NOT one of the most frequently used passwords.

Brute-force attack cracking time estimate

Machine - Time

Standard Desktop PC About 832 quattuortrigintillion years

Fast Desktop PC About 208 quattuortrigintillion years

GPU About 83 quattuortrigintillion years

Fast GPU About 42 quattuortrigintillion years

Parallel GPUs About 4 quattuortrigintillion years

Medium size botnet About 83 googol years

1. Do fresh install including a dban (dark's boot and nuke). It's a program which police/fbi/cia/illuminati use to fully wipe their hard drive without a trace. - Home

2.Change your fucking email to a different one it's not that hard because no matter how many times you change your password, people will try to login through them. I use google because theres a 2 way authentication and if someone logs in it will notify me.

3. Change your profile to private on steam.

4. Still use skype? Well if you do theres so many vulnerabilities of your ip getting resolved just by username. Read this guide to fully block users from getting your IP - Solved: How to protect your IP from skype resolvers! - Skype Community

Did a whole reformat of every drive I have, I love the freshness. And bless cloud passwords.

Home[/url]

2.Change your fricking email to a different one it's not that hard because no matter how many times you change your password, people will try to login through them. I use google because theres a 2 way authentication and if someone logs in it will notify me.

3. Change your profile to private on steam.

4. Still use skype? Well if you do theres so many vulnerabilities of your ip getting resolved just by username. Read this guide to fully block users from getting your IP - Solved: How to protect your IP from skype resolvers! - Skype Community

Wish I saw this before I did anything, would did the dban thing ._.

Would recommend keeping your passwords and such written down on paper and stored somewhere safe as opposed to keeping it all on your desktop for the sole reason that your PC could end up being compromised at some point. The only hazard of having it on paper is if you misplace it or do something stupid enough to compromise it in some way. Either that, or do what I do and have each password correspond with a key word or phrase that is associated with whatever you use that particular password for (I store my shit on my phone). Whatever the case may be, I'd just refrain from keeping passwords saved on a PC you use very often for browsing or whatever.