YeEternalTuna

About The Gmod Division

Every time I go to check the server on gmod to see if anyone is on it there isn't anyone on it. Is the gmod division really needed? There's only one gamemode anyways so I don't really see the point of keeping it since there isn't anything going on in the community and in fact the last thing posted in the gmod division discussion was in August 22 of this year. Are the CL's thinking of doing anything with this division or is it forever going to stay abandoned?

Every time I go to check the server on gmod to see if anyone is on it there isn't anyone on it. Is the gmod division really needed? There's only one gamemode anyways so I don't really see the point of keeping it since there isn't anything going on in the community and in fact the last thing posted in the gmod division discussion was in August 22 of this year. Are the CL's thinking of doing anything with this division or is it forever going to stay abandoned?

You should of posted this in the Garry's Mod division.

Also, tagging @Stickz for comment as he is the leader of that division.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I played morbus a few months ago and the population was fairly low (<15). xG is one of the few communities currently using that gamemode (might be the only lol). However, the non-legacy server list that shows gamemodes drowns out dead gamemodes such as morbus. Which means new player traffic xG's gmod server will get is near nil. The gamemode itself is kind of a shit show and not that fun (hence why the server is empty and no one else is running the gamemode).

The morbus server should honestly get scratched for TTT or even DarkRP. Both are fun and popular gamemodes that will get way more new player traffic.

Personally, I think TTT should get added as there are a lot of niche ways to get population on your server. Not only that but you don't have to invest time the same way you do as DarkRP. Lastly, TTT does not require many players to be on the server to start populating it compared to DarkRP (where few players means boring gameplay).

If @Stickz or anyone else decides to revamp the GMOD community I think there should be a 24/7 TTT server and a small DarkRP server for community nights. At the very least a TTT server over morbus.

Edited by MineCrack (see edit history)

You should of posted this in the Garry's Mod division.

Also, tagging @Stickz for comment as he is the leader of that division.

No point in posting it in the gmod section as no one looks there.

For the sake of exposure it should just be in general so more people who casually browse active sections of the forum can weigh in their ideas and opinions.

Bring Back Darkrp

It's Time For A New Gmod Server...

Refer to the threads linked above (would recommend posting here though, no need to Grave Dig) as it is relevant to the current topic at hand.

This is unrelated to the current thread, but I've been wondering; why is the entirety of our Gmod Division (Morbus included) incredibly reclusive? That is to say, I rarely/never see any Members/Players/Staff taking an active interest in the forums at all. Not to start an argument or anything of the sort, I'm just genuinely interested.

Adding on to the gmod division, I'm really curious to what's going on with the Minecraft division. When I look at the server population, the majority is usually nocturnal birds of prey, and additionally, there have been no posts created by MC users since Friday of last week. Also, I really think that the MC has a ton of potential. A suggestion I have is maybe a Terraria server. Those are extremely popular and they would be great for events.

This is unrelated to the current thread, but I've been wondering; why is the entirety of our Gmod Division (Morbus included) incredibly reclusive? That is to say, I rarely/never see any Members/Players/Staff taking an active interest in the forums at all. Not to start an argument or anything of the sort, I'm just genuinely interested.

Honestly I rewrote this response a few times because there are so many reasons as to why the Gmod division seems reclusive.

If we look at previous Gmod divisions, such as Charrax's revision (the most popular), they had the crutch of a populated CS:S division. Members from CS:S played on Gmod which kept it populated and encouraged new players to get involved on the forums. Even the staff then were encouraging of using the forums.

The current Gmod division is fairly inactive and ran by Stickz who also runs ND. From as far as I can recall the ND division has never been too active on the forums either. I don't even remember if they were ever popular either (I think they were a few years ago). These two divisions have three things in common:

• Inactive servers
  • Reclusive members
  • Stickz

Now, I don't want to point fingers at Stickz but he has been pretty adult about subjects regarding his division in the past and on prior threads. Maybe someone on steam can get @Stickz to give an official op to date response regarding all of this. It can be a number of things but none of us really play ND or on the morbus server enough to know solid reasons. All we can really do is speculate.

However, it is very obvious morbus has fallen out of popularity. It use to be a very popular gamemode when youtubers jumped on the morbus train but that is long gone. I checked the server listing today and there were 11 servers running morbus, none of which had players on it. Maybe it is time to move on from morbus? Finally satisfy xG members from other divisions who enjoy playing TTT? Get a new division leader for Gmod? This seems like a discussion higher ups such as @Aegean should join in on.

Adding on to the gmod division, I'm really curious to what's going on with the Minecraft division. When I look at the server population, the majority is usually nocturnal birds of prey, and additionally, there have been no posts created by MC users since Friday of last week. Also, I really think that the MC has a ton of potential. A suggestion I have is maybe a Terraria server. Those are extremely popular and they would be great for events.

Not going to lie, when I was working on the minecraft division it was very time consuming while being boring. I lost interest and I would not be surprised if @Owl is pretty burnt out by now. There was so much time spent in setting up plugins while finding work arounds for any conflicting plugins. People suggested I make plugins (as the original reason I took up minecraft) but it takes such a long time and we did not even have a functional server running. Most plugins we had on the server have actually been developed for years by separate developers while being out of production stages for years.

Edited by MineCrack (see edit history)

Adding on to the gmod division, I'm really curious to what's going on with the Nuclear Dawn division. When I look at the server population, the majority is bots and additionally there have been no posts created by ND users since May of last year

I believe the largest reason is that the majority of our ND player-base are in Europe; so there's a large timezone difference. The London/Redstone Server tends to be borderline filled up during the night, at least from what I've seen (at this moment it's at 27/32).

@MineCrack I also neglected to mention that the majority of my earlier post was intended to be directed at our Nuclear Dawn Division, not our Gmod Division. My bad, pretty tired :coffee:

I believe the largest reason is that the majority of our ND player-base are in Europe; so there's a large timezone difference. The London/Redstone Server tends to be borderline filled up during the night, at least from what I've seen (at this moment it's at 27/32).

@MineCrack I also neglected to mention that the majority of my earlier post was intended to be directed at our Nuclear Dawn Division, not our Gmod Division. My bad, pretty tired :coffee:

Ahh. Both divisions have been pretty distant from xG's community regardless.

The server is just filled with bots.

apuu.sh_s9dT8_a04c76ed44.png.db2cfc93fdcde2365890eb056eabd9be.png

Seems to be only 3 legitimate players.

Appreciate the topic being brought up, I did talk to sticks in the summer and from what I gather he said he would be busy due to school I believe. I do want to work on Gmod but right now as CS:GO is getting much better due to how much work our divs and staff are putting in, I want to work on Tf2 next and see what we can do about the dead servers, and also focus on working on the Minecraft server as well. If Minecraft does not go up before December than I will most likely take over or find someone experienced who will.

I do want a Dark RP or TTT server but the biggest thing is finding someone who can and is willing do it. We aren't using too much resources on Gmod or ND2 so I think we're fine as it is currently and don't need to take it down.

I've been too busy lately with College to worry about populating Morbus. Agegean is right that very minimal resources are being used on Nuclear Dawn and GMOD. (ND only uses stats, fastdl and MySQL databases [About a chocolate bar worth each month])

If someone wants to step up and manage a TTT division, they're more than welcome to. There's nothing stopping someone like MineCrack, who's "all talk and no action" from managing TTT. I just don't have time to deal with problematic things like RDMing or prop killing. I'm not by any means holding the title, so nobody else can't run a sub server. I also have no problem working behind the lines to code and manage server operation.

Edited by Vertex (see edit history)

Appreciate the topic being brought up, I did talk to sticks in the summer and from what I gather he said he would be busy due to school I believe. I do want to work on Gmod but right now as CS:GO is getting much better due to how much work our divs and staff are putting in, I want to work on Tf2 next and see what we can do about the dead servers, and also focus on working on the Minecraft server as well. If Minecraft does not go up before December than I will most likely take over or find someone experienced who will.

I do want a Dark RP or TTT server but the biggest thing is finding someone who can and is willing do it. We aren't using too much resources on Gmod or ND2 so I think we're fine as it is currently and don't need to take it down.

TF2 is doing great. New members are rolling in! But, we should switch out the stale gamemodes and switch to something innovative, maybe a x10? Or a pure mg server XD . Or , a server running a load of game modes at once . Medieval, mariokart, then payload, then something else. You get the idea, a mashup! That'll be very new and creative.