Kypari

[suggestion] /calladmin Rule Reworked & Talking To Staff

How come we ban people for using /calladmin when a staff member is already present? It's basically the same as talking to admins in teamchat starting with @ but not many people know that feature as well as /calladmin. I don't think anyone has ever meant any harm in using /calladmin with a staff on the server when they aren't abusing it with silly reasons.

Perhaps this rule should be removed? Of course the rule that you can't abuse it with reasons like mass freekill on Trade Gaming History should stay but I think that it would be good if we let people use /calladmin to report things on the server when staff are present secretly since it doesn't really cause any harm.

I would also like to suggest that we have a scheduled timer for where it tells people on the server in the chat that you can talk to staff using @ in teamchat and if people abuse it then they could be warned, kicked (etc).

@Vexx @Bello @mrnutty12 @Sesh @Rejects

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Of course the rule that you can't abuse it with reasons like mass freekill on Trade Gaming History should stay

Is that not the purpose of the rule as it stands currently (that and things such as spam or just general trolling)? The rule listed in the motd states not to abuse it, nothing about not using it while staff are on. That being said, addressing this is important as the concept of banning someone for using calladmin when they are actually trying to address an issue seems more than silly.

I would also like to suggest that we have a scheduled timer for where it tells people on the server in the chat that you can talk to staff using @ in teamchat and if people abuse it then they could be warned, kicked (etc).

This seems like a decent solution to the problem as it gives players a subtle solution other than calladmin to report various issues in manner most people don't know is an option. The warning to abuse it could easily be added to the motd alongside the rule about calladmin.

Something I would like to address with this, is now there is the potential that players simply don't know staff are on at all if said staff are using staff titles and haven't spoken in chat. Not only that, but if staff are using tags in their name this still could leave newer players to the server oblivious to situation, and use calladmin as it's may be the only way to address the issue in their eyes.

In short, I agree

I always liked the rule before, but with staff switching to titles instead of tags, this kind of gets screwed. It's entirely possible for a user to use calladmin without knowing staff is online if staff aren't wearing tags. The only way to tell is if the staff happened to use chat without allchat, and the user happened to read it. If its no longer as easy as pressing tab it's unreasonable to expect randoms to know who staff is. This should be a warn/kick/ban like everything else.

Incredibly easy to add, just remind me tomorrow as I will be busy today.

How come we ban people for using /calladmin when a staff member is already present? It's basically the same as talking to admins in teamchat starting with @ but not many people know that feature as well as /calladmin. I don't think anyone has ever meant any harm in using /calladmin with a staff on the server when they aren't abusing it with silly reasons.

Perhaps this rule should be removed? Of course the rule that you can't abuse it with reasons like mass freekill on Trade Gaming History should stay but I think that it would be good if we let people use /calladmin to report things on the server when staff are present secretly since it doesn't really cause any harm.

I do actually 100% agree with this, because the rule is there to prevent staff from getting on when there's nothing going on.

When staff is already on, it does not send a notification via the bot, hence no additional staff will be getting on.

+1

Edited by Bello (see edit history)

I don't know, I think it would be nice to allow people to silently report things if a staff is on but they don't know that there is.

It would still send a notice of the issue; the staff online can read and take actions needed while technically being somewhat "incognito" without visible tags.

The only case that it would be considered abuse would be if it is used as a toy, false calls.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Yeah that sounds pretty fine to me. Using it while staff is on doesn't hurt much and does alert them to something going on, though if they blatantly abuse or are trolling with it then they should still be punished as if they'd used it while no staff was on since the intentions were there. That's what I think, at least.

Something I would like to address with this, is now there is the potential that players simply don't know staff are on at all if said staff are using staff titles and haven't spoken in chat. Not only that, but if staff are using tags in their name this still could leave newer players to the server oblivious to situation, and use calladmin as it's may be the only way to address the issue in their eyes.

In short, I agree

Really good point there, I know staff like not having to put tags in their name, but since some staff change their names frequently like Vector it's hard to tell if there's any online. You could always ask, but of course newer players (or even experienced players who simply don't think to ask) like Elcark & Moosty pointed out might jump right to calladmin.

So yeah, I'd have to agree banning for /calladmin when staff are online (even when no ill intent) is pretty outdated rule, particularly for this reason.

I agree. It is not always clear staff are present since we introduced the custom titles to replace the traditional tags. For example if a staff member is using mic there is no indication right away he is a staff member unless he types in chat. There should be no punishment for users using the calladmin for its intended purpose when all they are doing is trying to improve the server experience for everyone.

However I agree there should be a rule in place for abuse of the command. If it is clear somebody has used the command for a "joke" or a "troll" then this should be punished accordingly.