Shining

Shining - Team Fortress 2

But you can't ignore the definite facts that the screenshot CLEARLY shows.

Regrettably the screenshots don't show anything clearly. You could have very much pooked around the corner before he zoomed in and they were taken, or he could have just been looking at the wall by chance. As SUSPICIOUS as they look, they are anything but solid evidence

The issue, is that a screenshot does not validate a wallhack is being used. The reason we are so cautious, is because we don't want to ban based on a hack with the basis of a crosshair matching with someones head, it happens in FPS multiplayer games all the time just as coincidences, so with only that we will not ban. It's always better to think someone is innocent before being proven guilty.

Judging from the pictures I would say he is predicting where your head might be when he tries to peek.

A technique where the player will imagine part of the map behind an obstacle and line up their aim to match commonly held positions continuing to peek and have the shot already lined up.

The first and third pictures tell us nothing other than that he likes to check his corners when approaching the opposing spawn in a sniper duel.

Due to the second picture in which you can see the tip of Sir Capalot's rifle his aim is a bit too high for a headshot which tells me he is making an educated guess as to where the head of his target would be. If he had walls his dot would be on level with Sir Capalot's head for a quick peek and easy shot.

The fourth image makes me think he is innocent because if he were walling he would have known Sir Capalot was crouching and adjusted him aim accordingly. Instead he was continuing to try and predict your position and aiming for what would have been head level otherwise.

I could of course be over analyzing this, but I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

My verdict: Guilty of smart and aggressive crosshair placement, not walling. Even if I misread the given pictures, we have no demo of this person actually playing to make a solid call on hacking anyways. +1 for unban

Also @CappyCappy you do know that @Elcark has basically the same level of forum power that you do right?

Player Chat History | Xeno Gamers Screenshots aren't really enough for these sorts of things, though the guy certainly doesn't do himself any favors with his chat history on Uber joking or not.

Going to think this through a bit more but I figure most of what can be said for either side has been said.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Judging from the pictures I would say he is predicting where your head might be when he tries to peek.

A technique where the player will imagine part of the map behind an obstacle and line up their aim to match commonly held positions continuing to peek and have the shot already lined up.

The first and third pictures tell us nothing other than that he likes to check his corners when approaching the opposing spawn in a sniper duel.

Due to the second picture in which you can see the tip of Sir Capalot's rifle his aim is a bit too high for a headshot which tells me he is making an educated guess as to where the head of his target would be. If he had walls his dot would be on level with Sir Capalot's head for a quick peek and easy shot.

The fourth image makes me think he is innocent because if he were walling he would have known Sir Capalot was crouching and adjusted him aim accordingly. Instead he was continuing to try and predict your position and aiming for what would have been head level otherwise.

I could of course be over analyzing this, but I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

My verdict: Guilty of smart and aggressive crosshair placement, not walling. Even if I misread the given pictures, we have no demo of this person actually playing to make a solid call on hacking anyways. +1 for unban

Also @CappyCappy you do know that @Elcark has basically the same level of forum power that you do right?

I might accept that he wasn't walling IF this did not happen this many times. The other two images shows he keeps on finding me in different hiding spots, all corners. If you check the kill logs, MOST of his kills against ME was direct HEADSHOTS occuring in these odd corner locations.

Also, keep in mind that we're not talking about a 16 years old competitive player here but rather a 10 years old. I seriously doubt that he could "make an educated guess as to where the head of his target would be." Seeing his k/d ratio on gamE does not support your analysis either.

Player Chat History | Xeno Gamers Screenshots aren't really enough for these sorts of things, though the guy certainly doesn't do himself any favors with his chat history on Uber joking or not.

Going to think this through a bit more but I figure most of what can be said for either side has been said.

Following up to this, Im pretty sure advertising or talking about hacks is illegal anyways.

Going by the screenshots, you can't really tell much. For future bans like this, Spoopy, you need to record a demo. You'll just get situations like this if you don't.

Anywho, I'm just going to throw a shot in the dark and give this a +1 for an unban.

If you look at the second screenshot, Spoopy provided, you can see the barrel of the sniper rifle. Giving Shining the benefit of the doubt that he indeed has a good perception in-game.

And let's be honest. How many times do people go to a "sniping" spot, die, and go right back to the spot? Whenever I'm on the servers, that literally is the case. It could easily be that Cappy got predicted multiple times.

And lets say the guy actually was hacking. If he is unbanned, comes back, and is dumb enough to actually hack again after a "get out of jail free card"; staff should record the hacking and follow up with a ban.