Shining

Shining - Team Fortress 2

Going by the screenshots, you can't really tell much. For future bans like this, Spoopy, you need to record a demo. You'll just get situations like this if you don't.

Anywho, I'm just going to throw a shot in the dark and give this a +1 for an unban.

If you look at the second screenshot, Spoopy provided, you can see the barrel of the sniper rifle. Giving Shining the benefit of the doubt that he indeed has a good perception in-game.

And let's be honest. How many times do people go to a "sniping" spot, die, and go right back to the spot? Whenever I'm on the servers, that literally is the case. It could easily be that Cappy got predicted multiple times.

And lets say the guy actually was hacking. If he is unbanned, comes back, and is dumb enough to actually hack again after a "get out of jail free card"; staff should record the hacking and follow up with a ban.

1. I wasn't using the same spot. I used many different spots across the map.

2. Getting killed by me and other people on the server repeatedly in open areas isn't exactly good in-game perception.

Is there really that much to discuss here? While screenshots can provide context, by no means should they alone be substantiated enough to warrant a permanent ban for hacking, especially when the screenshots aren't even that credible provided the following facts:

1. It's common to camp a corner
  2. Audio cues from behind the wall
  3. Tendency for a Player to be behind said-wall
  4. Facing the direction that the user will be shooting

I'm sorry, but screenshots of someone facing a wall when it just so happens that someone is behind it does not equate to a permanent ban for wall-hacking. With that said, while not relevant, the accused even has 1,811 hours recorded for TF2 on top of 382/520 achievements which is something to consider; anyone hacking could just as easily create a new Steam account and play TF2 as it is F2P without worrying about their main account facing any sort of ban/suspension.

Now I'm not saying that the Moderator wrongly accused the Player, nor am I saying that the Player 100% did not hack. All I'm saying is that there just is not enough given here to warrant a permanent ban for hacking, which is why I'm going to +1 for an unban.

TL;DR - Players should be treated as innocent until proven guilty; not the other way around. Evidence is not clear enough to warrant a permanent ban for hacking.

Players should be treated as innocent until proven guilty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=PqLNr7GMWB0;t=29

I had too. No regrets.

But after reading further responses, I have changed my mind, although the screenshots do show suspicious activity; it is not enough proof... as mentioned the chat log doesn't help their case but still...

+1 for unban and a warning for the hack binds

Ive been playing this game for a while since 2014 i cant really remember and ik that the ONLY way for 10 year olds to aim is aimbot BUT in the ban log it says WALLS and im VERY SKILLED and i already have glasses so you know that i play this game ALOT for a 10 year old and i have 1813 hours total for this acc and when i say this acc it means i have a OLD alt like really old... since 2014 when i made this acc it was 2015 case why not??? and the other acc is F2P and NOT vac banned and ive spent 100+ $$$ on this game so YOU CAN tell i WAS NOT hacking and when the guy went in i was ATTEMPTING to shoot his gun so in NO way i should be banned.

Are we just going to ignore that in the chat logs, he's advertising hacks and @Vexx told us, that even advertising hacks is a permable offense? If we are perming for advertising hacks then shouldn't he stay banned and just change the reasoning to advertising hacks/trolling? Because if not, then we have to talk about this.

@Aegean @Vexx @virr @Sesh @mrnutty12

ok so everytime i HEADSHotted him i pressed a bind with 1 lenny then said Get lmaoboxed lenny i did it just to make em mad and there wasnt a rule on THAT server that said "no trolling" which indeed i was trolling with a chat bind somehow? if you wanna say that.