MuffinMonster

Bug Reports/Suggestion Thread

Update Log:

General Changes:

The admins.cfg is overhauled and up to date, meaning even if sourcebans is down staff still has powers.

Furthermore none of the old staff has powers anymore.

The calladmin bot is up to date and sends notifications to all of the current staff.

Thanks to @Rhododendron SourceBans are HUB are working again!

Trade Gaming History

Map Additions:

Added koth_saturnvalley

Added donkeykong

Added mario_kart_deluxe_v3

Bug fixes and more:

Fixed the friendly plugin and added a few banned weapons, such as the shortstop.

Disabled +use on Edventures

Changed the spawnprotection time on saturnvalley to 7 seconds.

Added a little friendly advertiser. @Vector :^D

Pokemon Trade Center:

Map Additions:

Added trade_goldenrodcity_v1c

Bug Fixes and More:

Fixed RTV [it actually changes the map now]

Fixed the friendly plugin and added a few banned weapons, such as the shortstop.

Added a little friendly advertiser.

Surf:

Map Additions:

Added sun_the_flow

Added surf_toast_llf

Added Surf_Overlook_V2

Bug Fixes and More:

Added a little friendly advertiser.

Jailbreak #1:

Map Additions:

Added Prisonrift

Bug Fixes and more:

Added a few more last CT songs that can be seen here.

Fixed the last CT config.

[in Progress: Fixing banned weapons]

Balloon Race:

Changed our Payload server to Balloon Race, shoutouts to @Egossi for helping me.

[07/31/16] Saxton Hale:

As VSH has been dying recently, we decided to bring playpoints back!

Fixed the Boss Picker

Fixed the hale queue.

Currently trying to fix the music

Edited by Bello (see edit history)

Server: TF2 Surf

Bug or Suggestion?: Bug/Exploit

What is your bug/suggestion?:

The plugin used to negate fall-damage does not work correctly and is being exploited by a lot of players.

Any time the player takes damage that is not caused by another player's weapon, their HP is set to 100, regardless of whatever their HP was before taking damage.

This is really bad because if a player is at low HP, they can just jump off the tall ledges that are oh-so incredibly common in surf maps and take "fall damage", and have their HP boosted up to 100. I've been on the surf server a lot lately and I see players not only complaining about it, but I also see it abused heavily by market-gardener soldiers, who are constantly rocket-jumping and taking fall damage. A common scenario on the server is like, 3 or 5 soldiers jumping around and killing people while they try to pick down their HP with pistols and such. But the soldiers don't die because their health is being reset to 100 every time they hit the ground, making it much harder to kill them without a weapon that does over 100 damage very quickly.

This plugin also breaks a lot of surf maps by negating the damage that is supposed to be given via jail-kill buttons or hazards. A map was even recently removed because players could fall down and get stuck at the bottom of the map, because this badly-written plugin wouldn't let them die from the kill-trigger that was at the bottom of the map.

Please, don't even bother trying to fix the plugin, just get rid of entirely.

The plugin used to negate fall-damage does not work correctly and is being exploited by a lot of players.

Any time the player takes damage that is not caused by another player's weapon, their HP is set to 100, regardless of whatever their HP was before taking damage.

This is really bad because if a player is at low HP, they can just jump off the tall ledges that are oh-so incredibly common in surf maps and take "fall damage", and have their HP boosted up to 100. I've been on the surf server a lot lately and I see players not only complaining about it, but I also see it abused heavily by market-gardener soldiers, who are constantly rocket-jumping and taking fall damage. A common scenario on the server is like, 3 or 5 soldiers jumping around and killing people while they try to pick down their HP with pistols and such. But the soldiers don't die because their health is being reset to 100 every time they hit the ground, making it much harder to kill them without a weapon that does over 100 damage very quickly.

This plugin also breaks a lot of surf maps by negating the damage that is supposed to be given via jail-kill buttons or hazards. A map was even recently removed because players could fall down and get stuck at the bottom of the map, because this badly-written plugin wouldn't let them die from the kill-trigger that was at the bottom of the map.

I agree. I'll remove it later.

The plugin was removed!

The plugin was removed!

It's been a few days and the server just restarted for updates, but the plugin still seems to be enabled?

Uh, I don't know what exactly is causing this, but on Pokemon Trade Center, using "The Short Circuit's" secondary fire, (the one the removes projectiles) will cause the entire enemy team to lag and rubberband around.

Once again, I have no Idea as to why, but you'll have 30 ping, game running smooth as butter, and then some Engineer on the other team will use it's secondary fire once, and your entire team will rubberband back 2-3 feet about three times in a row.

I don't know if it has this effect on TGH.

Idk, maybe someone's reported this already, but I feel like we need some kind of fix, or at least a temporary ban on the weapon until then. It literally renders the game unplayable.

Uh, I don't know what exactly is causing this, but on Pokemon Trade Center, using "The Short Circuit's" secondary fire, (the one the removes projectiles) will cause the entire enemy team to lag and rubberband around.

Once again, I have no Idea as to why, but you'll have 30 ping, game running smooth as butter, and then some Engineer on the other team will use it's secondary fire once, and your entire team will rubberband back 2-3 feet about three times in a row.

I don't know if it has this effect on TGH.

Idk, maybe someone's reported this already, but I feel like we need some kind of fix, or at least a temporary ban on the weapon until then. It literally renders the game unplayable.

Fuck me it's universal, not a map bug.

You know, I assumed it was a map bug because I thought valve couldn't fuck up this badly...

Jesus christ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=easeo6NZ7jA

Semi Popular TF2 Griefer exploiting to get inside spawns, lag servers to the edge of crashing, etc.

We should probably blacklist the Short circuit on servers until a patch note is made by Valve addressing the issue as fixed.

@Bello @Rejects @mrnutty12 @Goblins

Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=easeo6NZ7jA

Semi Popular TF2 Griefer exploiting to get inside spawns, lag servers to the edge of crashing, etc.

We should probably blacklist the Short circuit on servers until a patch note is made by Valve addressing the issue as fixed.

@Bello @Rejects @mrnutty12 @Goblins

Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Pls tag me next time. As they just send me the message to fix it. Haha.