halfwaysleet

Halfwaysleet - Team Fortress 2

Ban from 2013 says it's for threatening.... which I buttume means threatening to hack or ddos the servers... if the ban was so unjust why wait 2 years to protest it?

I say -1 people that threaten to hack or ddos the server shouldn't be unbanned

If he threatened to DDOS than there should be no chance in unbanning. we have delt with people ddosing us and those communities are ultimately banned for their threats. We take these threats VERY seriously and it's not even just DDOS threats. because someone "matured" is no reason to unban someone in this sort of case. Also it isn't irrelevant. Something must of happened if all of a sudden in those years he just decides he wants to be unbanned.

As far as I can tell we have no way to prove that he threatened to DDoS us, Unless @Rise makes a comeback. This guy still cares about xG after two years of not playing, the admin who banned him obviously doesn't. None of us were there, giving a -1 for a DDoS threat you can't confirm doesn't make sense to me. That being said, if either of you have or can find evidence, I'll change my vouch.

I'm with Moosty on this one. If there is evidence presented that this person is toxic to our community, I'll happily change my vouch. But as of now, all we have is his story, and unless @Rise can comment, that's all we have to go on.

It's not like we can't ban him again if he does decide to fuck around anyways.

A Long time has passed since the ban was issued by the staff member is no longer here.

People always say aimbot when they get killed with a headshot which I've seen before and tell them it's not an aimbot, some of the regulars like Jesp and Wave get called "hackers" even though they're really good.

I give a +1 for waiting a damn long time do this, don't make me regret this.

As far as I can tell we have no way to prove that he threatened to DDoS us, Unless @Rise makes a comeback. This guy still cares about xG after two years of not playing, the admin who banned him obviously doesn't. None of us were there, giving a -1 for a DDoS threat you can't confirm doesn't make sense to me. That being said, if either of you have or can find evidence, I'll change my vouch.

That makes zero sense. How can we have proof of something that has happened 2 years ago? Also what makes you think rise didn't/doesn't care for xG? he was in xG for a long time and was an mod, admin, and DL at one point, so during this time he made the right call and just because he isn't in xG anymore doesn't mean he doesn't care anymore. With that logic moosty, we might as well unban cyanide for DDOSing us because we don't have the evidence anymore even though that was over 2 years ago. Goodbye xG (Rise - Tf2 DL) | Xeno Gamers

How about the evidence of HE GOT PERM BANNED FOR DOING IT!!! and didn't care to complain about it for TWO YEARS

Unless you have some evidence that Rise was a bad admin and randomly perms people.... why do you question his judgement on this?

I didn't see/have proof of most of the ddos threat bans that are in Sourcebans right now but that doesn't mean that I would say you should unban someone that @Rhododendron or Serbian banned for threatening the server for example...

This is why you need to use specific reasons when banning!!!

I'm willing to give him a second chance, +1 to unban. We can always ban him if he breaks the rules again.

@Matsi yeah usually it's just a chat message saying "I'm going to DDOS the server!" and that's all it takes, or over the mic.

No no, wait; I remember this. This was back when Rise was the DL and we were more strict about these things. I'm pretty sure he was a sniper and people were complaining to us about how he was doing too well, so he had to be hacking or exploiting. It was sketchy evidence at best, but I guess he was perm'd.

Either that, or I'm thinking of another time. >fuk

No no, wait; I remember this. This was back when Rise was the DL and we were more strict about these things. I'm pretty sure he was a sniper and people were complaining to us about how he was doing too well, so he had to be hacking or exploiting. It was sketchy evidence at best, but I guess he was perm'd.

Either that, or I'm thinking of another time. >fuk

I trust you and that aligns with his story.

@kbraszzz final verdict?