SoloMofo

Age Requirement

should we change the age requirement or accept people at 13  

24 members have voted

1. 1. should we change the age requirement or accept people at 13

I would like to ask if we can either make the clan not pg- 13 or just keep it pg- 13 nd change the acceptance age because we have been getting a lot of people on the csgo server lately who r not 16 and would like to join but they cant and new members are always good no matter the age. i my self would like to see new members

To be completely honest, it should be reduced to 15. OR, those who are nearing the acceptable age (or are very mature) can be accepted in under certain circumstances. It's happened with snackbar and to the extent of my knowledge hasn't caused any problems whatsoever.

@Rhododendron @Bleed @Snackbar @Lithium @Duke @Chrono @Owl @orangejuice @whoeverelse mass tagging so people see this, idk if it still works or not but I think that instead of the age limit we should have people vote on if he/she is mature enough. just my $0.02

-edit for more people- @Hidingmaster @Nomulous @Ohstopyou @metalslug53 @Rejects @Moosty @kbraszzz

Edited by Bonk (see edit history)

The "Must be 16+ no exceptions" policy we have (except for c0ldwinds haha whoops) is kinda stupid, but some younger than 16 are just too much. I think it should be more case-by-case, considering we have staff younger than 16 sooOOoo

The whole reason we don't allow anyone under 16 is, im assuming, for maturity reasons? If this is the case then would the +1/-1 system narrow out those people who are not mature enough to join? I mean were supposed to list our rating of their maturity already (A: 10 M:7 for ex.).

There really is no reason to put a limit on the age of applicants for any division, especially TF2 where I would assume the average age of players is less than 16, or at least there is a good majority of younger people.

If you don't think the community can chose mature people @Snackbar, then we should at least consider that applicants <16 yo require a +1 from a staff member DM+.

And iirc, Silence stated he wanted to keep it an adult community.. but it never has been. Most of the members are young. Plus, why restrict the number of people who can join? It just reduces the popularity of xG and reduces chances of donations.

@Nomulous @kbraszzz

i only asked because only a handful of people actually use the a/m thing any more if the age restriction is lowered i think it would be used A LOT more than it is now so only people who seem to be a little mature at a young age can join

and since its up to the already accepted community to decide wither the person should be in the clan or not i think the age should be 13 because there are some 13 years olds who are mature and should be accepted and we should just not vouch for people who are not mature enough

I think that instead of the age limit we should have people vote on if he/she is mature enough.

If this is the case then would the +1/-1 system narrow out those people who are not mature enough to join? I mean were supposed to list our rating of their maturity already (A: 10 M:7 for ex.)

^ This.

Srs though, this thread has me so triggered right now, though that's only because of vouches (y'all who were around back then will know what I'm referring to).

Keep in mind that, in the end, it's really up to Silence. If he wants to keep the forums/clan an "adult" based one then no one can really say otherwise. That being said, Hiding is pretty spot on in regards to the whole "more donators" thing. Way I see it, them youngins are always asking for their parent's credit cards, but you need to give em' something in return.

Either way, no one should be making any exceptions (for Member Subs of 16-) as it is right now unless the person applying is an ex-Member of the clan.

+/-0 to this as I'm indifferent about it all. Things can't get much less mature around here anyways :coffee:

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

And iirc, Silence stated he wanted to keep it an adult community.. but it never has been. Most of the members are young. Plus, why restrict the number of people who can join? It just reduces the popularity of xG and reduces chances of donations.

Most of the time, people under 16 simply don't donate since they don't have the means to.

Most of the time, people under 16 simply don't donate since they don't have the means to.

But if even 1 out of 50 did, still more money than we would of gotten. Plus more members > more population > more donations > more members > more population.... and on and on