Kypari

Regarding the new giveaway plugin

What should we do about the new giveaway plugin?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do about the new giveaway plugin?

• Remove it.
    • Change it to hub credits.
    • Keep it.

To be quite fair people shouldn't be mud slinging even if the initial posts came off as rude, it just breeds further animosity and arguing rather than calm discussion. Yes someone shouldn't be condescending and rude, but when others return fire or flack it just makes it get worse.

I totally agree that people shouldn't be mud slinging, but it's not a first time thing with kypari. There are many threads that we have had to lock in the past due to how he likes to debate, and this is just a prime example. It is a gaming community, and if you're going to be disrespectful to someone whose intentions were nothing but good, (Rhodo's in this case) people will be defensive and respond to him accordingly.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I totally agree that people shouldn't be mud slinging, but it's not a first time thing with kypari. There are many threads that we have had to lock in the past due to how he likes to debate, and this is just a prime example. It is a gaming community, and if you're going to be disrespectful to someone whose intentions were nothing but good, (Rhodo's in this case) people will be defensive and respond to him accordingly.

I understand that too, though regardless of the many past incidents I'd personally like to try and keep the peace before things have a chance to escalate again is all. I understand people want to defend something they see as good too, I'd just like to make sure things don't go into a more nasty territory that breeds drama or contempt between people.

As I said they aren't my intentions at all. I'm just very direct and serious when it comes to it and I'm not going to dance around the topic to make someone feel better about it. Responding with immature comments such as Septik did for example is the problem. Everyone just takes what I say out of context and takes it as if I'm being rude to them when I'm not at all. My twin Tekage can confirm this is how I'm like in real life too and I upset a lot of people which is just not the reaction I expect at all.

As I said they aren't my intentions at all. I'm just very direct and serious when it comes to it and I'm not going to dance around the topic to make someone feel better about it. Responding with immature comments such as Septik did for example is the problem. Everyone just takes what I say out of context and takes it as if I'm being rude to them when I'm not at all. My twin Tekage can confirm this is how I'm like in real life too and I upset a lot of people which is just not the reaction I expect at all.

Well I guess now would be a time to apologize to @Kypari and say that I too try to go hard during debates and looking back now I did go a little far and immature in my posts.m, and am sorry. Its just the way you worded it you sounded like a greedy bitch but now you seem pretty chill now. So now I apologize for sounding like an ass.

In regards to the bot, my final thoughts are that we should:

• Have an option to opt out of of giveaways
  • Reduce the size of announcement to maybe !msay or !tsay etc.
  • Have a minimum amount of value you can add to the bot

I think this is it. Once again @Kypari sorry for sounding like an ass to you.

Well I guess now would be a time to apologize to @Kypari and say that I too try to go hard during debates and looking back now I did go a little far and immature in my posts.m, and am sorry. Its just the way you worded it you sounded like a greedy bitch but now you seem pretty chill now. So now I apologize for sounding like an ass.

I will also add that my intentions aren't to come out as an immature fucktard. I sometimes let myself loose when debating about stuff like this. I antaganized you I know, and am sorry for that too.

If we're encouraging people to get on the forums with this plugin...

Is this 7-page flamewar what we want them to see? :hilarious:

But really, I'm down for setting a minimum requirement of around 1 Ref, seems fair to me.

> Would encourage people to get on the forums even more (they wouldn't disregard the new plugin, knowing that all that ever comes out of it is worthless items).

> 1 Ref is basically the lowest 'TF2 Currency', but it's still a notable amount, so people wouldn't be deterred from donating (hopefully).

> I think a reward system for donating should be implemented, would further encourage the use of this plugin. Even something simple like a badge for donating, like, 5$ worth of items or something is good. This provides an incentive to donate items, even if it's a small one.

Edited by james8470 (see edit history)

Back at you and to everyone else if I upset them, that wasn't my intention :coffee:

You took my flamethrower @Kypari

D: I actually won it first but the bot was broken when I won it. And they had to fix it.

You saying that it's useless actually makes me sad cuz I wanted.

I told Rhodo to give it to you anyway. Secondly I still don't care about the Backburner itself :C

Edited by Guest (see edit history)