Favorite xG year  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite xG year

• 2018/looking forwards to the future to be the best

We are a multi-gaming clan founded in 2010. With an active and growing community of around 10,000 players in popular games such as TF2 and CS:GO, you're bound to have some fun! Welcome to a growing clan, where we don't consider things "finished" but "open for improvement."

So what happened between 2010 and 2016? I wasn't here. Even 2017 is starting to feel hazy for me.

You know, there's a lot of threads like this, one just got made by @StarmiX and I've been planning on making one for a long time.

Share your memories of the major events, not just nostalgia, for XenoGamers in its earlier years. Let's try to create a small memorandum for each of the years, shall we?

You might think me sappy or overemotional or something along those lines for asking, but I'm really interested to know the general history of my own group, especially since I'm going away for a long time pretty soon.

Guess I'll start? Correct me if I'm wrong, like I said 2017 is starting to feel hazy.

Late 2016-2017 featured a much more populated set of TF2 servers. DR always had a population, FF2 sometimes had a population, Surf and TGH were and still are popular, but I remember TGH, where I spent most of my time, still had "buddy" mods, and the map was constantly on Clocktown and sometimes CyberPunk (but I could never join cyberpunk when it was popular due to a glitch e_e). I met a ton of swag people on TGH. The minecraft towny server was also rereleased, and had a small playerbase, but was enjoyable in it's simplicity (so many MC servers have too many bells and whistles these days) My time in xG has been short overall, but I know I have nostalgia for those days (of about a year ago), even though I was pretty ignorant of the bigger picture of xG at the time.

Late 2011 early 2012 were the good ol days imo

Various reasons that I have posted in all these kinds of threads before, but back then everyone was pretty chill and didn't get incredibly salty over nonsensical shit. We were not a safe space. We had legends among us.

I had most of my fun in xG before I joined the forums, and back when i was a little kid and was hated by almost everyone, which is the entirety of 2013 summer

( i probably would have liked 2011-2012 better if i joined back then)

Thats most definitely because games you play in your childhood feel the most fun, and also that was like the prime time of tf2 jailbreak

I also tried out cs:s jailbreak at the time during one of the last few months it had 60 players on it, and it was pretty shit xd

Edited by Egossi (see edit history)

Main thing I remember from 2013 is the great crusade of jb2, where the rebellion led a successful charge and ended any stable population that server had until it's removal relatively recently. 2015 was definitely the golden age for jailbreak on tf2 at least in my opinion, also that was when vsh(ff2) had a very stable population basically all day long.

2014 Glory days of FF2 being populated, My first time coming to the community and actually enjoying it, The barrel squad of me Demonic, NitNat, Bliz, and me, Homing bonk wasn't nerf (@Elcark @virr @Vexx @Vargas Idk who to really tag since Bello left BUT BRING BACK HOMING BONK it's not op anymore I think) glory days of going to the moon @Caleb956, and when I went from normal edgy kid to weeb faggot. Good times. So, when FF2 was popular at the time to sum it up.

The old days were better(at least CS-wise), I don’t have to be there now to know that much. Also the days I had a functioning computer to play them. Now I just lurk here occasionally to check up on what’s going on, see who’s still around, that sorta stuff.

On 2/8/2018 at 11:30 PM, Spoopy said:

2014 Glory days of FF2 being populated, My first time coming to the community and actually enjoying it, The barrel squad of me Demonic, NitNat, Bliz, and me, Homing bonk wasn't nerf (@Elcark @virr @Vexx @Vargas Idk who to really tag since Bello left BUT BRING BACK HOMING BONK it's not op anymore I think) glory days of going to the moon @Caleb956, and when I went from normal edgy kid to weeb faggot. Good times. So, when FF2 was popular at the time to sum it up.

I gotta agree with spoop. I mean if they nerfed homing arrows and rockets, homing bonk should be the same way. It wasn't a bad thing anyways. But Demonic, NitNat and Bliz always made it fun. Back in 2014 Jailbreak, TGH, Hale, and Surf were almost always populated!

Back when I was in it, I always played Hale religiously, and everyone knew me from it. It took me a long time to get it because it was like 13 +1s to get in. There were people I didnt like, such as Hatchi, or ChickenPanda, but I met some cool people like Flareon. NitNat and Bliz, and OhStopYou were my main interactions, as they always played with me, in the end I joined the forums, got banned for a day on Hale, and still miss Rejects and all the hard work he did. Right around 2015-2016 it started becoming a safespace, and everyone began leaving. With out the efforts of Kbrazz populating the servers Xg is slowly going away. Now xg only ever has 2 populated servers TGH and Surf. AND WE GOT RID OF DODGEBALL ? AND BONES AMAZING GAME ROTATION SERVERS T_T   

Good god where do I start.

2010 pre winter- Pretty sure clan was Operation paperclip made by silence and trollface in a collab. 

2010 winter; I joined
2011; I made my first xG friends, Troll face, Silence, Duckii, master rampage, Aegean, Sad, Stories. Cs:s was booming, jailbreak was getting tons of people, and we had the glorious Slide race servers, along with a minigames in the works.I also created a minecraft server that sparked the creation of xG minecraft cause silence got jealous. ^_)^ (Granted) Silence did run the minecraft division the absolute best out of any other iteration that came after him.

2012; In my eye was the golden age, we had everything from population to active members, staff, unique personalities, tons of updates, hat packs, mappers, modders, the works. 2012 was the year xG started taking off heavy. 60/60 Jailbreak population, mic spamming was allowed, people didn't really care about crude jokes and bad manners, it was careless teenage fun years. The community was fucking stellar, No sensitive babies sjw's, just fucking awesome times.
We had people like jaybreezy, chrono,duckii,Aegean, Aram, Quarantine(before he became a faggot),Caleb, Rpgeesus, Mincecrack, Bleed,Lee,Gawd,Shadowspy, Sousei,Brian,Charles(hexx),Haadron,SpeedLimit, Billymays,King, madscientist, Papichulo,McNeo(Pre Faggot), Neo, Damian(Rest in peace, Till Valhalla brother),Highplainsdrifter, Drank(Rest in peace brother) Peechis, and peechis jr, Death god, Vector, Mtown, Doug, I could just let this list run on, and on, These are my family at this point, I'm still in contact with like 80% of these people. still good friends with them. xG 2012 truly was one of the best years this clan ever seen. I'm sorry for those that did not take part in it.

2013; I don't know much about this year spent most of it banned. I think this is the year trollface parted ways with xG, either 13, or 14. He later returned in 2015 to try and rekindle with the clan, but he was just hard headed, didn't work out.

2014; Cs:go started taking off, we started migrating Cs:s to GO making servers, populating them, stealing maps (story for another day)
2015+, Too tired to keep story writing, someone else can fill that in

Edited by Rabid (see edit history)

css before there were even any tf2 servers > css after that but before migrating to csgo > whatever it is now

i have 1000 hours in css and probably over half of it is from css jailbreak

Edited by Bonk (see edit history)