DerpO_o

Mature Voice rule is not enforced enough.

In the motd it is stated that you MUST have a mature voice to use your mic. This rule seems to be forgotten by many staff members. I find many people to be annoying that should be muted and nothing happens because an admin says that it is okay for them.

What is the point of a rule if it is going to be bent so much that it practically doesn't exist anymore?

Also don't close this instantly because I want to hear everyone's opinion. @autumn

+1 this shit has to stop. it is fucked that we have this great rule that no one follows. everyone knows how much i hate the SHIT out of children and how much i +1 this. so lets get out shit together and +1 the mature voice.

Yes, there is BIG DISCRIMINATION against the rules. The rule clearly says that you gotta have mature voice. Well, I'm pretty sure all the admins know what "mature voice" means. But now in CS:S, many admins allow some people like "Puppyluv" And those admins bitch about other players voice such as "AbrahamL" (well I don't care about him). But it is surley discriminated. You let the 12 yr old girl talk but not a boy.

Well, it was just little thought on that.

my main problem is harry, so many damn exceptions for him, his voice is so fucking high my ears bleed every fucking time he speaks. who said he could use his mic on lr? and if i'm not mistaken most of the cs:s staff don't want harry using his mic. EVER

I myself find no problem with people who have higher pitched voices then others. The only discrepancy I have are said people who are immature as fuck when they use their mic. In other words, they either spam, make random ass noises, scream/shout when something is being done against them, or anything else of the sort.

Granted, it Is a rule, and as a rule it should be openly enforced. The thing is, when you have exceptions with players such as PuppyLuv, it makes it completely unfair for any other player with a high-voice. With that in mind, it's why I normally gauge the reaction of the majority of the players on the server before coming to a verdict. If Majority finds their voice annoying, then I will tell the offending player to stop using their mic. If Majority doesn't care, then the game carries on like normal.

It's not so much that I just completely ignore the rule, it's just that I determine how the current players on the server feel toward it, as that is the Main reason that rule is in place anyways. That's pretty much what I think about that rule. If what I'm doing is wrong, sue me, but I insist on getting the players opinion rather then just immediately shutting down young players.

TL;DR - I gauge how the current players feel on the offender's voice before coming up with a verdict. If Majority wants it off, then it's off. If Majority doesn't care, then I don't care.

- Dat guy, Forest

People have different opinions. I personally don't give a flying fluffy ducks asshole about younger ones with higher voices. As forest said if they get to rowdy and annoying. Yes mute them then. Other then that it shouldn't be a big deal at all.

I agree with Forest. If they can warden properly and aren't annoying and immature then I don't honestly care. But this was mainly pointed at Puppyluv I am sure. Like Diabeetus said, talk to Silence. We can't tell her to stop talking. She slays herself when she messes up and probably wouldn't even do a bad job if people weren't such dicks to her when she uses the mic. Same with all younger players really...except Harry. Harry just.....

I really should change this rule. We first of all should not say "Must have a mature voice" because we don't follow that (?)

I will talk with co-leaders and Divs and Dms about change it to "If the server has a HALF or MAJORITY vote that play MUST NOT USE HIS MIC. When I was admin and I saw this being a problem I did that and it solved fights within seconds. All I had to do is make a in-game vote and then the problem is solved. But one thing though and I want to make this VERY FUCKING CLEAR

HARRY

SHOULD

BE

BANNED

Not just because I don't like him. He disobeys you all when told not to use he waits 2 rounds maximum then keeps using it. Same should go for Cygnus (Changes his name alot) Hes the fat weird talking one.

Same should go for Cygnus

HARRY SHOULD BE BANNED

+1 to both. Honestly, Cygnus and Harry are two of the most immature, annoying little fucks on the face of the earth, and I guarantee you that 80% or more of the CS:S staff wouldn't mind seeing them banned. What warrior said is true, several people (but mostly cygnus and harry) will stop using their mic for a little bit, and then begin to use it again, thinking that they've fooled the staff member. Honestly, if they keep doing this, a server ban is going to be headed their way, because they've both been told countless times to stop using their mics, ignore the requests of the staff, and have been muted for it countless times, only to begin using their mics again after they've been unmuted.