Aegean

Changes Are Coming!

First off, I finally got my old account back so hype!

Second of all, I will most likely return (no troll) with conditions that I have talked with Silence/Rhodo about and I will explain some of the changes that are to be expected to be worked on when I fully rejoin.

1. Make xG completely self-sustainable. This means zero dollars coming from Silence's pocket monthly and all of it from Ads, Sponsors and Donations. This will also result in more servers, more server incentives, and circling back to advertising xG on other platforms.

More news on this soon.

2. Improve the staff activity on servers that need it. This includes TF2 as well as CSGO, I or another higherup will be in touch with the DL and DMs of the communities to think of solutions to addressing these problems.

3. Getting a permanent and dedicated server, staff and user base on Minecraft.

4. Cleaning up the MOTDS/Guides, and trying to promote more discussion and activity on the forums. Self-Explanatory

5. Listening and promoting more community feedback. The servers begin and end with the userbase, and I think more people need to be encouraged to speak about problems that they are having, or changes they would like to see.

6. More work on social media and youtube to advertise xG as a community.

That's it for now, thanks for reading!

-Aegean

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Umm, who are you again? Sorry, but no offense, you are kind of a nobody here who is probably trying to trick the admins here for staff ^-^!

Sorry for squashing your attempt, but, this guy is probably scamming.

[attach=full]24363[/attach]

-Nyuki the protector of XenoGamers!

I told you guys i would make xG great again. I mean look at all these amazing members coming back.

Anyway, welcome back Aegean, you were always a super nice dude. Having you back might not make xG what it used to be but it sure as hell will improve on what's going on now.

For the members addressing Minecraft,

1. We will not remove resources from 1 thing for it, especially since we do not know 100% if the demand is there.

2. We will first find people to staff it actively, and also look for ways to keep the demand for it stable by figuring out which mod/mods people want

3. You do not have to play if you do not want, I promise!

Other than that, feel free to keep writing issues with either anything I have stated, or something you would like to be addressed

These seem like a lot of fine ideas that would have gotten done years ago if they were reasonable.

I'll just reply to you here since I don't wanna leave a bunch of comments.

Silence's budget covers the xG cost which is why he hasn't chased making it self-sufficient. Saying it hasn't been done so it isn't reasonable isn't valuable in a discussion and I have no idea your aim from those comments. The other one is staff not being active due to it being volunteer is something I completely understand as I have volunteered as staff from near the beginning of this clan and co-leaded for over a year for not even a penny. There are ways to increase staff activity without forcing them, and that is what I want to work on.

These ways include

-Populating the servers

-finding members that are willing to be staff who are active

-adding incentives to playing on servers

-adding new servers

etc

You can see from my post that I'm trying to help xG as a whole, don't bother commenting if you aren't going to give anything constructive. If your attitude was shared then nothing would improve in this community.

There is one problem with the minecraft server situation. No one really wants to play it anymore and as of late plugins are starting to become more privatized or paid for. I feel like the only way to make a minecraft server that could be successful is a pixelmon server (with the recent release of Pokemon go) or a modded server and even then that's a risk. Also another problem in the past was none of the higher ups were being active (including myself towards the end of its run). Supermaddud never came on, kirito was always playing other games or busy and Hachi was just being hachi. I still have all the files (compatible with recent updates) and I have an entire folder for pixelmon if you are actually being serious about reviving it. I can help with the minecraft server stuff if I can get some help and have a 2nd ACTIVE DL. Or if someone else is willing to do it just pm me.