McNeo

Admin behavior

Prior to playing here on xG I was an admin on a 54-slot server. That server had some various rules such as being 18+ to be a member and 21+ to be an admin. I also played on another server which was an "older" community. This is obviously a somewhat generally younger community (not that that's a bad thing).

Before I continue, I'd like to clarify that I welcome any comments, but I'm really looking for input from mods, admins, leaders, etc...

I'm just curious how you guys want this server run and how you want this community represented. There's been a few things that I see (especially late-night) that kind of make me say "Whhhaaaaaa...?" but when I discuss it with someone it ends up being "okay".

These things include bating, "freeshooting" and "freeknifing", putting up stupid votes, etc...

Is this stuff really okay? Is this how you want the community represented? If so I'm okay with that - it's your baby not mine - I'm just looking for clarification so I stop sweating the small stuff if you guys don't care.

Edit/Addition:

To clarify, I don't really care either way. I'm not trying to change things or be a jerk or anything like that. It's just new/different to me so I don't know what's okay and stuff and whatever.

when it comes to baiting, freeshooting and freeknifing, its not allowed cause its against the motd rules, the votes thing is more to get the players more interaction and more for fun and laughter really, unless an admin is spamming it every 10 seconds or so then it becomes a problem, but if its like 1 every round or two rounds then its fine.

if i had to give advice, id say, relax, take it easy, dont get ragey or pissed about getting freekilled or whatev, it happens to everyone and admins/mods can only do so much to watch for rule breakers, however, u could ask mods to go spectate and watch a certain player if they're starting to break rules more often than they should be doing, also being mature and acting like a joker (in a good way) will make a lot of ppl like you because u make everything more interesting/funny etc, like King J and his scatters, or Aegean and his fun warden days, this was all way back in the days though so you prob wont witness them yourself unfortunately

Thanks serbiansnaga. Been chatting with Vicious on Steam and a lot of this is getting cleared up.

Just to clarify again for everyone I'm not trying to be a hardass it's just not something I'm used to. It's all good. Peace and thanksgiving and a Happy ChristmaHannaQuanzica to all.

I completely agree with you, there are some questionable actions that happen. I rarely ever see it happen during the middle of the day, it always at night when the server (jailbreak) is around 20 people, or less of course. There seems to be a huge leniency when it comes to members and mods free killing and breaking other rules. I regularly play at night, so I generally play with limited members, mostly those random people that join. But occasionally there is a mod on who likes to break the rules because they are "superior". Now I won't name names, mostly because its kind of a widespread thing, but it definitely can't and should not be pinned on anybody. Its one of those things that happens.

But after that ramble, I agree that there is rule breaking occurring at night that can detract from our.. xG's.. image.

As McNeo said, I'm not trying to be a hardass either. But i really think its something that needed to be brought up. I mean playing at night is one of the best times to have a great time, but sometimes the rule breaking does get out of hand.

As a side note, this hasn't happened for the last few days that I have been on the mods have followed the rules.

TLDR: Dat post is good.

This is a problem, indeed, but like you said it's mostly at night. At night the mods and other players think all the kiddie-poos are gone to bed, and won't be on. So basically, they have free reign over their actions and usually won't get called out for it. This is all fun and games, and if someone (maturely) asks them to stop being a trolly-polly, they do. But when someone like Ty- I mean, someone who complains in admin chat to the point where the admins actually get pissed, and then creates a huge rustle in the servers Jimmies, they get trolled to death. Which, in my opinion, is funny as f***. But, again, when everyone's down with it, it's okay. If someone, like I said, maturely asks them to stop, they usually do.