Caleb956

So What's With Some People Abusing Their Powers Lately?

GG not having any proof... but I'll man up to what I did, because I don't think it was "Abuse"

You're right... I should have just slayed him for doing back to back LRs instead.... wont happen again.

(He did Obby for his LR like 3 times in a row... I told him he was doing back to back LRs.... he said some smartass thing like "no, last time I said obby tomorrow, this time I said Obby today so GG matsi get rekt" so I felt like being a smartass too and trying to make him fall in the lava by slapping him randomly and making him fatter :) )

lol wut I didn't give myself a valve rocket... I did however turn my rate of fire up during LCT just having fun because he was on the other side of the map and so that there could be an LR because there was like 20 seconds left... I do it to some of other LCTs randomly too so that they have a chance of getting to LR...and because a solid stream of rockets is amusing looking... it was all in fun and to try and help the round end...

As for the other stuff you guys went to people with about me and Whyte not doing anything about the guy reentering armory... If you were paying attention while looking for reasons to complain about us you would have seen that whyte did in fact slay him the first time, and the second time I slayed him and teamswitched him.... perhaps you couldn't see that through all your lenny face spam tho...

Matsi I like you but I'm not exaggerating when I say you tend to (in lack of better vocabulary because Sweden) abuse your powers. I wouldn't really call it abusing, but it's as if you like your powers too much.

Matsi, like i told you it wasnt a back to back lr, my last lr was obby tomorrow but that one was to do obby for the rest of the day, i admit they do have similarities but they are not back to back lrs or repeats

Trying to loophole the rules is against the rules.

Arguing with a staff's decision is against the rules.

TF2 Jailbreak Rules

I do it for every LCT when the timer is low, to give a better chance of LR.... LAst CT gives you an advantage over the reds already... lol I just made the advantage higher... why the frick do you care so much... the guy I was shooting the rockets at didn't he was laughing his butt off...

Loop holing....

Loop holling isnt really a thing BTW.... It just means that you didn't fully understand the terms or rules or... Whatever was set.

Trying to loophole the rules is against the rules.

Arguing with a staff's decision is against the rules.

TF2 Jailbreak Rules

I don't really know if you are a mod or not but arguing with the staff is a BS rule... What if they are in the wrong like Matsi is now? Can't argue anything against him because he said he did nothing wrong.

Loop holling isnt really a thing BTW.... It just means that you didn't fully understand the terms or rules or... Whatever was set.

Well I'm not sure what loop holling is, but loopholing is definitely real. I was demoted from admin for it once(just to later get promoted and have CSS die right after I did). #DarkwolfDays

To be clear, it's more of "bending the rules", so to speak, so that the one doing it can justify what they are doing.

For example, at one point we had a rule of "do not camp vents". The intention was obvious; to keep people from camping vents. But others "bent" the rule by stating that they weren't camping but merely moving back and forth inside the vent. Since we had another rule stating that camping was defined as being within the same amount of distance for a certain amount of time, this worked in their favour as they weren't technically camping.

This is an instance of "loopholing" where they find a way to make a rule benefit them by either bending its intended purpose or contradicting it with another rule. To combat this, a newly enacted rule was made (Vent Camping) which stated that it was staying within a vent or other hidden spot with no intent of leaving. It was further elaborated on for maximum clarity stating that a player couldn't walk back and forth inside it to avoid breaking the rule.

Loopholing is a real thing; the problem is that people do fully understand the rule, but try to exploit it in some way.

Please read before entering! Rules change all the time, make sure you are up to date!

TF2 GENERAL MOTD!

• Do not try to loophole any of these rules.

General MOTD.

Welcome to Xeno Gamers!

Website is: Xeno Gamers

14. Any unspoken loopholes in any of these rules are up to the discretion of staff members, if you try to use loopholes intentionally, you can be punished.

© Property of Xeno Gamers, Original Author(s): "Rhododendron".

There are rules against loopholing in tf2 and on community rules.

Nobody's in trouble over this shitshow of a thread but having an LR of whatevs for tomorrow, and the next LR is the same whatevs today, isn't loopholing. It's a different day, different people doing it, and besides it's trivial bullshit anyway who cares.

Plus you get to do whatevs twice if you're man enough.

On the record though, loopholes are great. No exceptions. Super useful in any circumstances. If you don't want people to find a way around your rule then buck up and write it in a way which they couldn't. Gotta be specific sometimes bruh.

You guys are crying about a dead server.

lol what? How is JB... the 3rd most populated server in the entire clan.... dead?

To be clear, it's more of "bending the rules", so to speak, so that the one doing it can justify what they are doing.

For example, at one point we had a rule of "do not camp vents". The intention was obvious; to keep people from camping vents. But others "bent" the rule by stating that they weren't camping but merely moving back and forth inside the vent. Since we had another rule stating that camping was defined as being within the same amount of distance for a certain amount of time, this worked in their favour as they weren't technically camping.

This is an instance of "loopholing" where they find a way to make a rule benefit them by either bending its intended purpose or contradicting it with another rule. To combat this, a newly enacted rule was made (Vent Camping) which stated that it was staying within a vent or other hidden spot with no intent of leaving. It was further elaborated on for maximum clarity stating that a player couldn't walk back and forth inside it to avoid breaking the rule.

Loopholing is a real thing; the problem is that people do fully understand the rule, but try to exploit it in some way.

Now I agree that the rule you made in your example was intended to be fairly clear but if you dont right a rule explaining what camping is then they did nothing wrong... It was just poor planning on your or whoever made the rule's part. When things like that happen adjust the rules so they cant be bent like that (as I see you eventually did. +1 for learning from mistakes). Also when you adjust rules make sure you send out an announcement to everyone so that they see the change in the rules. Otherwise you could change the rules without anyone knowing and then wonder why everyone is breaking the rule that only you know about... :P.