Brian

Definition of Rape

Should it be considered rape?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be considered rape?

• Yes
    • No
    • To an extent

If a person becomes legally intoxicated, and takes a man back to her house, should it considered rape if the female wishes to stop during intercourse?

Discuss.

I say no, but I would love to hear opinions.

in many country, having sex with an intoxicated person or a passed out person is considered rape as they are not mentally there.

I think it's called stagitory rape.

Buuut yeah, i would say in most cases yes for what arthman said. Being under the influence you may not be able to properly convey that you dont want sex. Though, it'd be tricky to punish because she basically brought it on herself.

Statutory rape is when a non-minor has sex with a minor. It varies state by state but it's normally 17-18. It also doesn't apply if the couple is married, and you can get married at 16 in some states.

That said, if both are intoxicated, then I'd say no. Expecting the man to be any more responsible than the woman is unfair and sexist. However, if the dude is drunk and she says no/stop at any point, then I'd count that as rape. If she's drunk and doesn't say no, then I don't really think that should be considered rape. Would I do it? No, but I don't think the fact that I wouldn't do it makes it rape. It makes the person a douche and kinda creepy, but neither of those are illegal.

If a person becomes legally intoxicated, and takes a man back to her house, should it considered rape if the female wishes to stop during intercourse?

If the Intercourse has already begun and both parties are legally inebriated or not, if either party says stop or wishes to discontinue the intercourse and the other party declines then yes it is rape. Intercourse is through consent and if both parties cannot come to a mutual agreement then it could be an issue that can escalate quite easily.

TL;DR, it is rape if the party wishes to stop during intercourse and the other party continues and not adhering to what the individual has said.