Lottamos

Lottamos

• Member's Name
  • Information

I don't know what i'm really trying to accomplish here but i'm kinda pissed at Bonk. The first thing thing that made me kinda mad was that he warned me for nothing and couldn't even attempt to filter the pack to make sure discord was fair. If you are not already aware of what happened, many people were spamming images and other things of the sort in the csgo channel. At a bit of an unfortunate time I posted a picture in csgo chat.1321029618_Screenshot(102).png.c2bd5dab707ddf3bcb25094125eb8d2f.png

No big deal. At this point it would be a good time to note that I did post this gif but when I asked bonk he did not bring it up.2132823067_Screenshot(103).png.8ea82b32357eb5563d08fc8498661666.png

Anyway shortly after I received a warning for 14169241_Screenshot(101).png.e16cf2566d6e9c10c874209a0ec74e9f.png

This was because apparently he had already warned us.1782043790_Screenshot(100).png.7b49e833efa4406ec7324255cde8ad39.png

I didn't see this  but whatever. He said this at 9:11 my time and I posted the gif at 9:18 and the image at 9:22 (I know the timestamp isn't shown but you can check discord if you want to dispute this.) 2 images in 4 min, 7 min after a warning I didn't see. The funny thing is SCP posted 4 images in that time and didn't even get warned. When I got heated and mad at bonk he told me I was gonna be punished if I argued even though it was clearly abuse. Anyway then he said this.1941919424_Screenshot(104).png.107232a72679d9329c5f659e2a5bccdc.png

perfect so i started posting meme gifs235353408_Screenshot(105).png.776fc01bf18b52c06d8f1b3b381b28d1.png

This is the closest thing to spamming so far. 2 gifs within 1 min. Nothing happened and I assumed its whatever now.355535192_Screenshot(106).png.9efa3476dfc49f0f0a8fc76d836f27ee.png

I post this (the image above) 3 min later  and again seems fine to me when I post it. 1998766664_Screenshot(107).png.f9c7fe9df4e8e9d7b9de16cb643385dc.png

1 min later hit with a ban for "spamming" gifs. I guess you could call it spamming but you would have to be very picky for the lack of a better word to thing so. 

I know it was 5 min and not a big deal, but bonk does stuff like this all the time to me and it really annoys me. Again I don't know what I want to come of this but hopefully something stopping bonk from continuing to abuse me. It's funny just to see how i'm consistently watched by bonk while he loosens the rules for others. One more thing is that Bonk said this to me when I told him to stop.1594957426_Screenshot(99).png.59307a14d02e54d24ce7bccfc5dc0064.png

1 Warning and then even a go ahead to post memes. "I warned you plenty of times"

Edited by Lottamos
had a excess image. (see edit history)

Only reason I'm not closing is bc I actually look like a v big asshole in last screenshot, apologies. 

What you fail to realize is that although you posted only 1 image at a time, it was at the same time as other people doing it. The whole point of the rule is to prevent the channel from being clogged with images. 

Both myself and @hongkongatron warned other people (while you were there, mind you) to not do it, and yet you continued to do it anyways.

Your screenshots don't show the entire context.

Capture.PNG.c05e3bcdb7802e51594ce23505739423.PNGCapture2.PNG.cf5124c433ac4cccbe4836c2a63e514e.PNG Capture3.thumb.PNG.51b0c91aeae88396589790557a094f8c.PNG

I think 5 minutes was plenty lenient in this situation, especially considering that I gave you probably 3 verbal warnings and one through the bot. You weren't the only person I warned, either; 4 other people got a warning too for doing the same thing and nobody else complained except for you.

Edited by Bonk (see edit history)

I just kinda feel like since I posted a few pictures at the time I was singled out. I get that the channel was clogged but just cause it’s clogged doesn’t mean you should just pick a few people and make examples of them. Also you guys were warning others for spamming which I felt like I wasn’t doing and I felt like what I was doing was fine. I don’t wanna turn this into a spamming argument but I thought I’d elaborate a bit more. Edit: we weren’t in voice either so I’m not sure how I would get verbal warnings.

Edited by Lottamos
More info (see edit history)

1 minute ago, Lottamos said:

I get that the channel was clogged but just cause it’s clogged doesn’t mean you should just pick a few people and make examples of them. 

10 minutes ago, Bonk said:

@hongkongatronYou weren't the only person I warned, either; 4 other people got a warning too for doing the same thing and nobody else complained except for you.

????? (I can't remove the ping I'm on mobile help)

You weren't the only person that got warned. I didn't 'pick you out' in any way. Every person that did it got a warning. You were the only one that continued besides Brady, and he got the same punishment you did.

The 5 minute ban was warranted cuz you clearly were posting gifs in CS:GO for a reason.
My only issue with how this was handled was how @Bonk responded to you, which he already seems to realize himself. 

You do not deserve to be treated unfairly, even given your past history. That being said, the 5 minute ban was nothing, and if it had been anything longer then I would have agreed with you or thought your abuse thread was warranted.

Not about this situation at all. But goldfish does get quite a bit of unwarranted hate for shit that happened months ago. I feel like he has massively improved as a person on our servers.

Honestly, this is pretty childish for that to even happen, when someone ask you to stop doing something, please just stop. We can see that Bonk handled it a little bit over edge but he understands that, but Goldfish, it seems like you were trying to agitate Bonk in this evidence. None of this would of happened if you/others would of just stopped posting memes, they're not really that funny anyways. 

Now I'm not shitting on you Goldfish or anything, it seems like you have reformed a tad bit, but still just listen to staff when they ask you to stop doing certain things. 

im not trying to have bias towards anyone here, but I think that goldfish and brady's little 5 minute ban was a bit eh, considering that 2 people in the mod logs were just warned for ignoring warnings, and other people spammed more gifs/images than brady, or even the same amount as goldfish even though they KNEW not to spam gifs. If any evidence was deleted, i.e Goldfish's and Brady's Gifs, before i wrote this post, then this comment is invalid.

Your behavior last night, along with others, had received multiple warnings. So much so that as bonk said, 5 minutes was being extremely lenient. The 5 minutes were being applied to you as that was the level of punishment others had reached, and both I and @Bonk were being more patient than anyone there really even deserved, considering their actions. Also still a -1 since this thread, as you said, exists only because you were mad at bonk despite multiple warnings and examples set of what would happen if you continued.

1 hour ago, Soulify said:

im not trying to have bias towards anyone here, but I think that goldfish and brady's little 5 minute ban was a bit eh, considering that 2 people in the mod logs were just warned for ignoring warnings, and other people spammed more gifs/images than brady, or even the same amount as goldfish even though they KNEW not to spam gifs. If any evidence was deleted, i.e Goldfish's and Brady's Gifs, before i wrote this post, then this comment is invalid.

you're right that there were others that were doing it more, but after I mass warned everyone that was going it (AFTER Hong had warned other people multiple times) everyone stopped almost altogether. Brady and Goldfish were the only ones that continued to use them in a spammy way - moreso Goldfish trying to test me - and so they both received the same punishment. 

I think the general consensus is that you did spam and while you might have not noticed the warning, its not bonks or anyone else's fault that you missed it. I agree that there might've been some injustice in how things were dealt with, but i was asleep when this happened, so i cant tell for sure.  Either way i don't think this is enough for any action to be taken, but it's good you made a report regardless.

No action will be taken against @Bonk.

~closed

Edited by virr (see edit history)