Sign in to follow this  
SneakySquirel

Graphics card problem.

So I just recently baught a 7850 off of new egg got it in the mall a few weeks ago, put it in my pc it worked great for 2 days now my screen randomly goes black or i get a randomly colored screen with striped lines on it. Anyone have any idea why the hell this is happening my guess as of right now is it overheated somehow but idk how because the only demanding game ive played with it so far is Far Cry 3 and the max temp the card went to was around 60 wtf?!?!?

Could you send us the link to the card? Also, was it refurbished? And, does it black screen/artifact when you start the computer or when you play a game?

From what you have said though, it seems like you may have bought a lemon or it is overheating. First, check the temperature of your card. GPU-Z is a wonderful utility for this. Record your temps and post them here. Now, you did say that it was reaching AROUND 60 degrees Celsius, but please post exact numbers. I would also try to download the latest drivers if you haven't already.

Is the card still under warranty? (Does AMD even give out warranties?)

What brand is the card? I know it's an AMD chip, but who actually makes the card?

First thing to check is cables and connections. Make sure all the connections are tight, and try a different cable if you have one handy.

Should have at least a 1 year warranty through the card manufacturer, but if you're still within the 90 day replacement window with NewEgg go that route - it's much quicker.

i may not be of any help, but could it be that the monitor colors are out of sync? try re-adjusting the main colors that show up on the screen (Red Blue Green etc)....maybe they are set to the max.....or to Zero

It also may be that it is overheating

XFX Double D Radeon HD 7850 FX-785A-CDFC 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Newegg.com this is the card I have also i have my old gtx 460 in now because after about 5 or 10 mins the screen goes black and i cant do anything about it but restart my pc. Also when i start a game up thats when i get the weird colored screen with the lines. Also It is still under warrenty so I guess ill just end up getting a replacement or a refund and going with a different maker of the card.