No_name - Counter-strike: Source

Division:

Counter-Strike: Source

In-Game Name:

No Name

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:1:38342196

Information:

Well the other night i got a 720minute ct ban on jailbreak because I massed using a rule that i didnt know was invalid, now i come back today and im permed from ct.. I used it because I always see Dutchy using it, and he has never been banned from ct or even warned when i have seen mods or admins on.... So I am sort of confused because they said that this is a warning and to not use the order again... (The order was "Face your cell then gun check freeze." which dutchy thought, and made me think, that it implied that guncheck freeze over wrote the facecell order and anyone that wasnt gun check frozen could be killed.) I am not blaming it on dutchy, i am just saying I got permed from ct for using it once, then when i have seen him use that command around mods or admins he doesnt get any warning or ban or anything... Hopefully you can see my confusion...

This makes no sense. Face cells and guncheck freeze is used often. Your ban states unintentional mass freekill. Why is it permanent? @kbshooter2 is the staff who banned you.

Ello, you were banned by the moderator @kbshooter2. I was the admin on during this, so I'll keep this reply short and sweet.

You said "Face your cell then gun check freeze." and to truly know how this order should be done, we will refer to our server's terminology. To quote our motd, it says:

Guncheck Freeze*: This is an AFK freeze performed immediately at directly outside cells. Unless stated otherwise it is implied to face AWAY from cells.

This being this, if you state "Take a step out of your cell, face your cell, and guncheck freeze," the T's should not and will not turn around to face away. If you merely said "take a step out and guncheck freeze" it is implied to face away. But you said to face your cells, stating otherwise.

Concerning @dutchy666, he does this same order but suspects the T's to face their cells and remain afk frozen. Any other questions, feel free to ask.

What I'm getting from this is that you were permed for giving the order "face cells and guncheck freeze" (which is valid, the motd states that guncheck freeze implies facing away from cells unless another direction is specified) and killing the T's who were facing away from cells, correct? @kbshooter2 if you could clarify what happened from your perspective that'd be great.

I've seen people do this before and it does end in a ban because it would be considered tarping if you wanted them to face away. It sounds like it was unintentional and just confusion so I think a 2 week ct ban is more appropriate.

Agreed; No name has been a good player and now that he understands the rule. There shouldn't be any confusion. +1

I've seen people do this before and it does end in a ban because it would be considered tarping if you wanted them to face away. It sounds like it was unintentional and just confusion so I think a 2 week ct ban is more appropriate.

;

@Hidingmaster I would disagree, for a first unintentional offence which he saw someone else doing (which happens often in TF2 where mods just clarify the rules quickly, before something happens, where here it seems no one told him otherwise until after the ban). I would like to argue 3-7 days would be more appropriate. Since a mass still happened.

O

@Hidingmaster I would disagree, for a first unintentional offence which he saw someone else doing (which happens often in TF2 where mods just clarify the rules quickly, before something happens, where here it seems no one told him otherwise until after the ban). I would like to argue 3-7 days would be more appropriate. Since a mass still happened.

Official reason for ban would be "tarp leading to mass freekills". Normal punishment is 2wk perm depending on circumstances and the banning admin. Given that he was permed for it, and very recently, it makes much more sense for a 2 week ct ban; that is also the normal length we use when unbanning someone.

Thank you guys for vouching for me. I really feel bad that i messed that up. I will be sure to double check the rules for JB so i can prevent a slip up like this from happening again. Again, i am truely sorry for the mass.

O

Official reason for ban would be "tarp leading to mass freekills". Normal punishment is 2wk perm depending on circumstances and the banning admin. Given that he was permed for it, and very recently, it makes much more sense for a 2 week ct ban; that is also the normal length we use when unbanning someone.

Yes but, this was "unintentional, accidental tarp leading to mass freekill", so, what's the length for that?

O

I've always seen people get a 1week ctban for unintentionally massing but meh...

+1 for a 15120 minute ban so everyone is happy!!! (that's 1.5 weeks for those of you bad at math)